User:Onisuzume/Rotary Large Laser
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
The Rotary Large Laser is a relatively simple upgrade to the Large Laser. It is done by taking a standard Large Laser and give it multiple barrels linked to a rotating unit set to rotary whenever the trigger is pulled. To prevent the weapon from ruining its own barrels, the laser is set to fire whenever the next barrel is aligned with the emission array. This allows the small laser to fire more rapidly at the cost of increasing heat and a chance of jamming when fired at higher rates.
The Rotary Large Laser may fire up to six shots per turn. When firing only one shot, it is treated identically to a normal Large Laser. When firing at higher rates it follows the same rules as for rotary autocannons, except that due to the massive heat generated, the Rotary Large Laser suffers a +1 to-hit penalty.