User:Onisuzume/Rotary Small Laser
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
The Rotary Small Laser is a relatively simple upgrade to the Small Laser. It is done by taking a standard Small Laser and give it multiple barrels linked to a rotating unit set to rotary whenever the trigger is pulled. To prevent the weapon from ruining its own barrels, the laser is set to fire whenever the next barrel is aligned with the emission array. This allows the small laser to fire more rapidly at the cost of increasing heat and a chance of jamming when fired at higher rates.
The Rotary Small Laser may fire up to six shots per turn. When firing only one shot, it is treated identically to a normal Small Laser. When firing at higher rates it follows the same rules as for rotary autocannons, except that due to the massive heat generated, the Rotary Small Laser suffers a +1 to-hit penalty.