Here's an important trick from Mediawiki
Open the edit window and compare these two:
- Thanks! Besides noticing that, I've picked up a bit on how to make redirects a little cleaner looking using pipes, so sorry about that. --Breenland (talk) 15:52, 13 July, 2022 (CDT)
- We were all new once. Just figured you might appreciate knowing that one. There's a lot of Help docs in "Help & How-to" under Editing BTW to the left. Template Gallery is also a big help. When I first started I spent a lot of time in there poking around, and I still refer to them regularly. Good luck!--Talvin (talk) 16:58, 13 July 2022 (EDT)
- Minor addendum/clarification: Redirects for plurals are not verboten per se. They are just unnecessary when simply appending a plural s to the link will suffice. They can be very useful for plural forms that change the word (eg. man —> men, mercenary —> mercenaries). And generally, I'm a big fan of having redirects of all sorts and for all possible spellings in place to make life easier on the wiki.
- Oh, and Hi and welcome to Sarna, Breenland! :) Frabby (talk) 01:55, 14 July 2022 (EDT)
Proper noun capitalization project
Medium lasers have already been properly capitalized (per this note : Medium_laser#Notes), as an early part of the Proper Noun Capitalization Project. There's no need to make them capitalized. Thanks. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 21:11, 22 July 2022 (EDT)
- I see you been capitalizing a number of them today. Would you please revert those changes, so they are not improperly capitalized. Thanks. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 21:12, 22 July 2022 (EDT)
- Ugh, so weird. I'll go see what articles I was reading yesterday and go about adjusting them. Breenland (talk) 06:10, 23 July, 2022 (CDT)
- Does that include medium laser variants like X-Pulse, Pulse, and others? Breenland (talk) 06:20, 23 July, 2022 (CDT)
- Okay, I took a look at some other articles and it looks like that applies to just medium lasers and their variants, not Pulses or stuff. Sorry about that! (talk) 10:17, 23 July, 2022 (CDT)
- Yes, all common objects are being reverted to lower-case format, but there are only about 3 of us and it takes a lot of manual effort & time. Right now, the terms that have been completed are here. You can absolutely de-capitalize those you listed, and any others to which you feel the "common object" appellation applies, as you come across them. Thank you for your understanding.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 18:19, 23 July 2022 (EDT)
Random Act of Appreciation Award
Thanks for the de-capitalization you've done today. I appreciate any and all help on such an extensive project.
- -Aww, thanks! Glad to help, just trying to make things match up and fix any mistakes I've made where I can, haha. (talk) 09:02, 27 July, 2022 (CDT)
Morning, Breenland. Please remember to use your signature when finishing a statement on a discussion/talk page. Refer to your welcome message for details on how to easily add it. Thank you.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 10:26, 11 August 2022 (EDT)
- Oops, I know that needs to be done, just keep forgetting. Sorry about that. -Breenland (talk) 10:37, 11 August 2022 (EDT)
ASF Campaign (27 July - 11 August 2022)
Thank you very much for your participation in the ASF Campaign. You are hereby awarded the Warrior's Ribbon.
I noticed you changed Primary Configuration to Prime Configuration on the Skinwalker page. For whatever reason, the configuration itself is always written Primary while the OmniMech carrying it is the Prime. Why it's done that way, I do not know. Madness Divine (talk) 13:36, 16 November 2022 (EST)