- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
List of users
Hiya, welcome to Sarna! You asked for a list of users. The answer is "well, sort of":
- There's this Special:ListUsers - but it lists all registered user accounts which is a bit misleading. Many users registered once a couple of years ago and never did a single edit, and a few may even be inactive spambots or the like.
- Then there's this "active users" list, listing those who were actively editing in the last 30 days: Special:ActiveUsers. It gives a slightly better overview of those user accounts who are actually active here. Unfortunately, at this time the list includes a lot of spambots that registered in the past week. These accounts will be deleted eventually, but for now they're only blocked so that our Bureaucrat can investigate them and improve our spam defenses.
- Finally, we've got the BattleTechWiki:New user log page where users can introduce themselves to the community (in addition to whatever they put on their actual user pages). Users who posted there have typically been rather active in the community, but still many entries are from users who have moved on to other endeavours and whose accounts haven't been used in many years.
- Yes that is helpful thank you. I was looking for a friend of mine. I know the username but a search on that doesn't work. Buzzard (talk) 11:50, 15 May 2017 (EDT)
Hi again, you mentioned that you've been a MechForce UK member back in the time. That's raised my attention, as I feel the MFUK and its products haven't been covered sufficiently deep here. So if you have anything to add to the MechForce United Kingdom or Comnet articles, or if you have any MFUK product/publication that is redlinked so far and could create the redlinked article - that would be awesome. Also, perhaps an article about Bob Nicholls should be written by someone who knew him, given that he's a pretty prominent character for the MFUK and thus, BattleTech.
- Hi, I joined MFUK quite late, about 1999/2000. To be honest not that long before they folded, still have my membership card though. I have some stuff mostly from the membership pack. My friend got me to join and it was fun, especially liked the member rank system and the official battle scores. I didn't know Bob that well, actually I think I only met him once at a wargames con. so not sure I'd be the best to write about him, sorry. Buzzard (talk) 13:22, 31 May 2017 (EDT)
- yeah I'm still here ... now and then lol Buzzard (talk) 13:17, 31 May 2017 (EDT)
- :P lol Buzzard (talk) 08:03, 5 June 2017 (EDT)
- Excellent start, I can't believe you finally posted something and a decent size article as well. That deserves a medal You'll need an Admin to set up a n awards board on your user page. Dark Jaguar (talk) 15:09, 31 May 2017 (EDT)
- Thanks, but I'm not sure I deserve it as you're right it is Horsemen. I'm not sure waht to do as I clicked a red link in another page and it let me create the new one, but it had the wrong name and I didn't notice at the time. Can it be changed and how do you do it? Buzzard (talk) 12:01, 1 June 2017 (EDT)
- You should move the article to the correct name (click "Move" in the same row where "Edit" appears). If you check the "keep redirect" box the wiki system will not only change the name, but also install a redirect pointer under the previous article name so whenever the old name is called the new page will come up. I could have done this, but I figured it's a great practical tutorial for you. :) Frabby (talk) 13:33, 1 June 2017 (EDT)
- Thank you both so much, sorry for messing up! I'll look at sorting it out now. Buzzard (talk) 08:03, 5 June 2017 (EDT)
Another small unit I like
Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!
New Video Ads
- You need an Adblocker, but is that what is going on? I wondered why there were big gaps appearing in the text on pages. - Dark Jaguar (talk) 17:55, 21 July 2017 (EDT)
- There was obviously an upgrade/change implemented a few days ago. As a registered user I didn't get ads, but now there are video ads popping up mid-article. It's mildly annoying, but I do realize that this is a free service by NicJ and I can't blame him for making some money with Sarna. Frabby (talk) 19:21, 21 July 2017 (EDT)
- That's probably all those lentils! - Dark Jaguar (talk) 17:56, 21 July 2017 (EDT)
- :D Buzzard (talk) 13:52, 29 March 2018 (EDT)