- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
- Thanks. Shockeray 19:45, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Notes to self
Templates can really make something look well-ordered and easy to look at, but sometime you may just want to go with something easier. I created my own 'essay' section here at the top of my user page. It opens up on a sub-page, which leads to the individual essay sub-pages. Alternatively, you can also just create a section (==Fiction==) on your user page and list the stories in bulleted form.
- Hey Shock, I just noticed that while you put links on your main personal page to your writing you have left your writing on Sarna in the mainspace of the site. Is there anything I can do to help you transition your writings to the BattleTech Fanon Wiki or at the very least to your user pages? -- LRichardson 17:34, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
- I would like it if you could move it to BattleTech Fanon Wiki, though I would rather it stay on my page. is it possible to make sub pages under my page? cause I think its to much text to fit on one page... --Shockeray 13:23, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
Hey, Shockeray. Normally, I would put a user tag on here that states the policy of signing statements on discussion pages, but it looks like you know of this and are making the attempt to do so. I think you might find it really easy to just use the button above the edit field, which will put in your complete signature immediately. Its between the red, crossed-out W and the straight line buttons, and looks like a cursive Q. For example, when I press it, it looks like this: -->>> --Revanche (talk|contribs) 13:32, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks I forgot how many ~s to put so it messed up the signature --Shockeray 13:45, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
Hi Shockeray, please don't get this wrong, but since you raised the issue over at NicJansma's talk page I thought I should point out to you that according to our Policy:Fanon, BattleTechWiki does not seek to publish fan fiction. See also Policy:Canon and Policy:Notability for content sought (or not sought) by BTW. This is a relatively recent change from the previous policy that embraced fan fiction; this was changed by user consensus on 18 May 2011 and with Nic Jansma's approval, as documented on Policy Talk:Fanon.
During the subsequent transfer of all fan fiction to the BattleTech Fanon Wiki (called the Fanon Purge here), the articles for the Shockers and existant chapters were copied over to the BT Fanon wiki and deleted here.
We tend to tolerate "private" sub-pages to user pages; but please understand that the Fanon Purge here on BTW was executed with the intention of, well, purging fan fiction content. Please consider using the dedicated BT Fanon site instead. Frabby (talk) 09:44, 26 October 2012 (PDT)