|V Legio Ripariensis|
|Nickname||Wheel of Fire|
|Parent Command||Marian Hegemony Armed Forces|
V Legio was a military formation of the Marian Hegemony.
Formed in 3059 V Legio was primarily staffed by soldiers drawn from the Illyrian area. These troops were later deployed to the Lothian League as the Hegemony took control of those worlds. To make up losses in other Legions, V Legio lost a cohort of MechWarriors and two cohorts of conventional forces. These troops were replaced by Lothians who were eager to join the Marian Legions. Most of these troops were assigned to auxiliary units supporting V Legio. They spent much of their time in the Lothian district working to repair infrastructure. During the brief war between the Marian Hegemony and the Circinus Federation, V Legio remained as the garrison force for the Lothian district. After that fighting ended, however, the V Legio was faced with several raids and spoiling attacks thought to be executed by Word of Blake–sponsored units in retaliation.
The Fifth Legion spent the Jihad garrisoning the Lothian district. In 3079 they were stationed on Lothario. The Imperator of the Legions informed the Caesar that at this same time, the Fifth was consuming far too many supplies and had far too few soldiers for the number of recruits that were accepted. The Imperator had no evidence, but suspected that the Fifth was funneling these troops and supplies to a Lothian resistance movement.
In August 3081 the Dragonslayers mercenary unit had five MechWarriors kidnapped, beheaded, and the heads left in a sack. The Dragonslayers retaliated by destroying the suburb containing the headquarters of the company whose logo was on the sack. This triggered a popular uprising in the Lothian district, and the Fifth Legion was in the thick of the fighting. They had pushed pro-Marian forces off Lothario in late 3081. Despite the Fifth's actions, including its commander calling for a general uprising, they haven't yet rebuilt from losses sustained in the Jihad. They remained on Lothario in 3085.
Around 3086 Prefect Gaius Dillford handed himself over to the Marian Hegemony despite protests from the rank and file as he felt honor-bound to do so. He was court-martialed as a traitor and executed in 3091, leading V Legio to renounce all ties to the Marian Hegemony. They would soon become to be called the Punic Legion.
Re-formation and Dark Age
Prior to 3148, V Legio was re-formed by the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces. In 3148 they were stationed on Maximillian. In retaliation for the Hegemony's invasion of the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Camacho's Caballeros raided the world. They forced them to retreat, herding them into a trap and effectively destroying the unit again.
|Commanding Officers of V Legio|
|Prefect||Josef Vasicek||3064 - 3067|
V Legio is skilled in city fights, using buildings and other obstacles as cover.
V Legio (Green/Reliable)
- Secunda Cohors (1 Cohort/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Adrian Brown
- Tertia Cohors (1 Cohort/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Gloria Leman
- Prima Auxilia Lothianesis, (1st Lothian Auxiliary Legion) (1 Legion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Mariane Pinchus
- Secunda Auxilia Lothianesis, (2nd Lothian Auxiliary Legion) (1 Legion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Robert Behle
V Legio (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Josef Vasicek
- Prima Cohors (1 Cohort/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Legatus Gaius Dillford
- Secunda Cohors (1 Cohort/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Legatus Angelo Vantaa
- Tertia Cohors (1 Cohort/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Francisco Kelley
- Quarta Cohors (1 Cohort/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Mela Tintrel
- Prima Auxilia Legio (1 Legion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Mariana Pinchus
- Secunda Auxilia Legio (1 Legion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Chaco Villalobos
V Legio (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Gaius Dillford
- Prima Cohors (Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Mohammed Ramaker
- Secunda Cohors (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Yeter Holzmann
- Tertia Cohors (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Legatus Filibert Poletti
- Quarta Cohors (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Dorete Sayer
- Quinta Cohors (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Legatus Paulus Bazzoli
- V Prima Auxilia Legio (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Daragh Kranz
- V Secunda Auxilia Legio (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Ramus Baldinotti
- V Caelum (Wing/Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Wendi Nifterick
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Field Manual: Periphery, p. 81: "V Legio Unit Profile"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 195
- ↑ Field Report: Periphery, p. 15
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 132
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 144
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 78
- ↑ Shattered Fortress, p. 71: "The Sword of Damocles"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 8.8 Field Manual: Updates, p. 202: "Marian Hegemony Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 9.8 9.9 Field Manual: 3085, p. 151: "Marian Hegemony Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Field Manual: Periphery, p. 143