Valkyrie Galaxy (Rasalhague Dominion)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Death in the Skies|
|Parent Formation||Clan Ghost Bear Touman|
Four of the Valkyrie Clusters were destroyed along with their charges during the ferocious battles that characterized the Ghost Bear campaign against the Word of Blake during the Jihad. Only two Clusters survived the Jihad, along with the Ghost Bear Dominion's sole surviving Leviathan, the CGB Rasalhague. The surviving elements of the other Valkyrie Clusters were merged into the Rasalhague's escort Clusters after the battles for Titan and Terra in 3078.
The Dark Age
Post Jihad Era
While the Rasalhague underwent extended repairs and refitting at the Tseng Facility above Alshain the two surviving Clusters from Valkyrie Galaxy rotated off the Facility's flight deck. By 3084 many of the aerospace fighters within the two Clusters had been replaced with new OmniFighters manufactured in the facilities nearby; Valkyrie's tour hadn't been without incident, however, and after a number of security incidents triggered by the increased defense protocols put in place during the Jihad it was mooted that reforming one of the destroyed Clusters to perform a system defense role within the Alshain system.
Second Combine-Dominion War
In 3098, the Dominion would enter war with Clan Nova Cat and the Draconis Combine. The conflict would be escalated by Black Dragon Society operatives, pushing the Draconis Combine into conflict to rid themselves of Clan Nova Cat.
During the conflict, Rasalhague System would be raided by a Naval Task Force consisting of Draconis Combine's entire surviving WarShip fleet. On planet at the time, on April 29th, 3100 the Sixth Valkyries would scramble to aid the Ursa Major. However, the Sixth was unable to come to aid of the warship, where it would be destroyed be combine fire from all four vessels, taking two with them.
Late Republic Era
By the mid-thirty-second century the Clusters of Valkyrie Galaxy had been reassigned, and no longer served as escorts for the Rasalhague; instead, each was assigned to the defense of a major world, with the Second assigned to Alshain and the sixth to Rasalhague. Each Cluster had been rebuilt to one hundred and fifty aerospace fighters, and Valkyrie Galaxy had been augmented by the addition of four Aesir-class DropShips - the Balder, Gefjun, Syn and Var - which had been split between the two Clusters to give each the ability to rove throughout their assigned systems with heavy support.
Valkyrie Galaxy became the heart of the tactical and strategic aerospace doctrine developed by the Rasalhague Dominion; although the two Clusters were operating in largely defensive roles, assignment to either Cluster was viewed as a prestige position, and as a consequence Valkyrie had become both a billet for elite pilots closing on retirement and a form of finishing school for ristars. As a consequence, Valkyrie was a potent mix of ambition and experience, with young pilots rotating out of Valkyrie to spread the benefits of the experience and wisdom gained during a tour in Valkyrie Galaxy to the other aerospace units dotted throughout the Dominion. The aerospace manufacturers at the Tseng Facility and at Gorton, Kingsley, and Thorpe Enterprises were well aware of the influence and experience Valkyrie Galaxy embodied and forged close links with the Galaxy, with many retiring warriors being offered consulting positions with one or other company.
|Commanding Officers of the Valkyrie Galaxy (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Ven Devon||3085|
|Commanding Officers of the Valkyrie Galaxy (Rasalhague Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Willfon Bourjon||3145|
- Galaxy Commander Ven Devon's aide was Star Colonel Ali Bourjon.
- Galaxy Commander Willfon Bourjon's aide was Star Colonel Ingeborg.
Different per Unit.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128, "Valkyrie Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Valkyrie Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 121, "Valkyrie Galaxy"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 35-36 The Fall - Naval Battle of Rasalhague - Wave 3 - Sixth Valkyries are noted being assigned to Rasalhague during the naval engagement between the Urasa Major and entire Draconis Combine's warship fleet.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 163, "Valkyrie Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"