- This article is about the 'Mech. For the aerospace fighter, see Vandal.
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||StarCorp 120-Flex Endo Steel|
|Armor||ArcShield VII Mk.8 w/ CASE II|
|Engine||VOX 325 XL|
|Communications System||Telestar Model XTD-131|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 3200 Adaptive with C3 boosted slave|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Introduced in the 3140s, the Vandal is a Heavy Class OmniMech produced by the Capellan Confederation during the middle of the thirty-second century. Its development virtually unknown to outside powers, it appearance on the battlefield would surprise FedSun forces when it appeared on Spica in 3144 during House Liao's invasion of the Federated Suns. The Vandal is designed to be a speedy and tough combat unit, while it is also meant to work as a team player in combat. Found in virtually all of its original OmniPod configurations, the 'Mech would feature the usage of C3 boosted slave communication systems.
The 'Mech would see deployment with Confederation allies which includes the Magistracy of Canopus.
Weapons and Equipment
The OmniMech is known for its high speed; this is due in part to a fixed Supercharger which bolsters the 'Mech's normal top speed from 86 to 108 km/h. Designed to carry a healthy amount of weapons and equipment for an Inner Sphere design, the Vandal has a maximum Pod capacity of 26.5 tons. Conventional standard armor protects the 'Mech, however in addition to its 12.5 tons armor the 'Mech also has CASE II mounted in its right torso. The Vandal also features a Torso-Mounted Cockpit, while providing additional protection for its pilot, it also makes ejections from the 'Mech difficult should the 'Mech face certain destruction.
The 'Mech's Primary Configuration weaponry includes a Class 5 Rotary Autocannon and an ER Small Laser found in the right arm. The Autocannon has two tons of ammunition is found in its right torso with CASE II. In its left arm is a single Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser. The Prime uses some advanced electronics to give it an advantage on the battlefield; these include a C3 boosted slave to increase its accuracy in combat, and an Angel ECM Suite, which gives the 'Mech some considerable electronic warfare capacities.
- Alternate Configuration A
- The A is intended to serve as the command vehicle of a C3-boosted lance. Aside from being equipped with a C3 boosted master, the 'Mech's main weapon is a Heavy PPC which is connected to a PPC Capacitor found in the left arm. Its secondary weapon is a 4-tubed Short-Range Missile launcher with a single ton of ammunition in the right torso. A single Laser Anti-Missile System is placed in the 'Mech's right arm; also, an additional Double Heat Sink and four Jump Jets round out the 'Mech's equipment. BV (2.0) =1,865
- Alternate Configuration B
- Designed for close ranged combat, the B Configuration features a number of close-range weaponry and equipment. Its ranged weaponry includes a Snub-Nose PPC in the left arm and a 5-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher with three tons of ammo in the CASE II protected right torso. For close-in combat, the 'Mech uses an ER Flamer and a Medium Vibroblade found in its right arm. The B also features a C3 boosted slave, an Angel ECM, TAG, Targeting Computer, and also a rear-mounted Mine Dispenser. BV (2.0) = 1,666
The Vandal OmniMech has the following Design Quirk:
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39, 84: Vandal LI-O - Prime Configuration's BV2
- ↑ Master Unit List's profile on the LI-Vandal Prime - includes BV2 and Introduction year.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 94
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 38: Vandal LI-O - Background
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39, 84: Vandal LI-O - Stats
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39, 85: Vandal LI-OA - Stats A Configuration
- ↑ MUL's Listing for A Configuration.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 95
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39, 86: Vandal LI-OB - Stats B Configuration
- ↑ MUL's Listing for B Configuration.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 96