Vega nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||−3.63 : 106.615[e]|
|Recharge time||161 hours|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Vega VII
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Military Deployment
- 2.3 Geography
- 2.4 Planetary Locations
- 2.5 Industrial Centers
- 2.6 Local Fauna
- 2.7 Image gallery
- 3 Map Gallery
- 4 Nearby Systems
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
- 2319 - Independent world
- 2341 - Draconis Combine
- 2408 - Draconis Combine
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Draconis Combine
- 2864 - Draconis Combine
- 2884 - Draconis Combine
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3050 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3063 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from June)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until August)
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Independent World
- 3136 - Vegan Protectorate (from December)
- 3144 - Rasalhague Dominion (from June)
- 3145 - Rasalhague Dominion
- 3151 - Rasalhague Dominion
- 3152 - Rasalhague Dominion
|Moons||None (asteroid ring)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||45°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||None|
|Landmasses||3 (North Nanturo, South Nanturo, Forsair)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Noble Ruler||Duke of Vega|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|Military Commander||Legate Francis Nguyen (3130)|
|HPG Class||B (3025),|
A (nonfunctional in 3136)
|HPG Representative||Precentor Noren Glover (3025)|
Vega VII is a world rich in minerals, metallic ores, and fresh water. By the time it joined the Draconis Combine, Vega was home to a series of industrial complexes producing everything from medical equipment to armored vehicle components. These businesses were required to follow strict environmental protection laws to support the terraforming process. The success of these terraforming efforts allowed the Vegans to import horses and camels from Terra; these animals thrived in the environment.
After joining the Combine, Vega quickly became important to the Draconis economy. Due to this significance, it was made the capital world of the Vega Prefecture. The Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery established a garrison on the planet because it had been attacked several times by the Lyran Commonwealth.
Age of War
After a bloody two-pronged invasion into the Lyran Commonwealth in 2407, Archon Alistair Marsden intuited that not only was another Combine invasion of the Commonwealth almost certain, but that stockpiles for the invasion were almost certainly being assembled on Vega. Archon Marsden gathered the reserves he had left into a strike force and in early 2408, he struck Vega. Caught unprepared and with only a scattered, piecemeal defense, the DCMS was unable to offer much resistance and the Lyran forces destroyed huge quantities of supplies, ammunition and equipment in what was the first large-scale victory for the Commonwealth. So much matériel was destroyed that the Combine was forced to postpone its invasion plans.
Star League Era
In 2569, Hehiro Kurita signed the Treaty of Vega, bringing the Draconis Combine into the Star League. Ironically, Vega would also see several skirmishes between the Star League Defense Force and DCMS during General Aleksandr Kerensky's drive to remove Stefan Amaris from Terra, mainly since Minoru Kurita banned Kerensky from entering the Draconis Combine due to the hostage crisis involving Kurita family members on Terra.
Second Succession War
During the darkest days of the Second Succession War, the Lyran Commonwealth was losing worlds steadily to both the Draconis Combine and the Free Worlds League, and the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces neared the point of collapse, particularly in the 2860s and 2870s. As the 2870s drew to a close, the LCAF regained some of its confidence and launched a number of attempts to recapture some of the worlds that had been lost, but still couldn't keep pace with the rate at which worlds were being captured. The Combine continued to push towards the important world of Skye, and by 2884 Vega had been captured along with the worlds of Balkan, Kessel, Port Moseby, Ryde, and Skondia and the DCMS was on the verge of being able to threaten Skye directly.
War of 3039
During the War of 3039, Vega was invaded by the Third Lyran Guards, the Third Davion Guards, Snord's Irregulars, the First Grave Walkers, and the Seventeenth Recon Regiment. The world was defended by the Fourteenth Legion of Vega and the Fifth Amphigean Light Assault Group. The mercenary forces attacked the Amphigeans, holding them in place. The Fifth Amphigean LAG sent their third battalion to harass the mercenary units' flanks, and Snord's Irregulars responded by destroying the battalion. Combined with the losses the other two battalions had sustained, this was too much, and the Fifth evacuated the world.
The Fourteenth Legion of Vega faced the Third Davion Guards and Third Lyran Guards. The two FedCom units held the Legion in place, and once the Fifth Amphigean LAG evacuated the mercenary units turned to face the Legion. The Legion of Vega was trapped between two fronts, and rather than be destroyed they also evacuated the world. The Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces established a forward command area on Vega, and sent the Third Lyran Guards to their next target. While participating in planning sessions, many of the LCAF field commanders were killed by a DEST-planted bomb. This threw the defenders into chaos, and the arrival of the Second Legion of Vega, Fourteenth Legion of Vega, and Second Dieron Regulars made things worse. The LCAF forces were scattered across the planet, and when the Grave Walkers and Snord's Irregulars were sent off-world, the DCMS forces turned their full attention to the Third Davion Guards. Faced with almost certain defeat, the Third Guards evacuated the world.
Vega was attacked by the Word of Blake in mid-May 3069 in a two-week campaign that saw the Word of Blake use both their own forces and hired mercenaries to conquer the planet by conventional means. In late August 3075, Xi Galaxy of Clan Ghost Bear arrived and launched a campaign to liberate the planet, ignoring all hails from Draconis Combine forces.
After the Jihad, Vega was one world ceded to the Republic of the Sphere. It was made the capital world of Prefecture I. In 3131, Draconis Combine agents triggered a massive economic depression on the world by causing a catastrophic bank collapse. Over the next year, the local government worked to restart the economy, but the HPG blackout, the death of the planetary governor, and the destruction of the government complex by a militia fighter packed with explosives, derailed these plans. On 6 March 3133, the Dragon's Fury raided Vega but Katana Tormark's effort to capture the world and prove her loyalty to Coordinator Vincent Kurita were a failure thanks to the robust efforts of the planetary militia. An assault by the Third New Samarkand Regulars was repelled in 3133, but cost the defenders their popular leader when Legate Francis Nguyen was killed. His death put an end to the Militia's existence; it broke down into factions and most of its members became soldiers or lieutenants of various warlords. Vega broke down into a series of armed camps headed by the warlords, which lasted for years. The fight devastated much of Vega's infrastructure. Even the deaths of warlords only made the conflict bloodier, with "cleansings" like the infamous Warlord Massacres.
Clan Ghost Bear sent their Omega Galaxy to Vega to help stabilize the world. They soon destroyed all the warlords, and by 3136, the situation had calmed, and the Ghost Bears were well on their way to reestablishing a functional government, though they were facing some terrorist attacks, with Galaxy Commander Isis Bekker suspecting were getting support by Speaker of Labor Chance Elba. The Draconis Combine sent the Forty-fourth Benjamin Regulars to take the world, but the Bears and Vegan defense forces were able to repel the DCMS forces. The Combine then sent the Forty-fourth Benjamin and the Fifth Sword of Light to take the world. This time they were repelled by the Bears, Vegan defense force, and the Twelfth Vegan Rangers mercenary unit. The Twelfth Vegan Rangers later accepted an offer to have a permanent home in the nascent Vegan Protectorate.
Over the next eight years Vega served as capital of its small nation and strengthened its ties to the Rasalhague Dominion, until June 3144 when the Protectorate was absorbed into the Dominion as a semi-autonomous province.
- Fourth Skye Rangers
- Fourteenth Legion of Vega
- Second Legion of Vega
Vega is a hot and dry world.
- Neucason: The capital of Vega, the city has many government buildings as befits a prefecture capital. A monorail connects the city with Nasew. The people generally travel in electric cars or ride horses.
- Nasew: a large city on the planet's only ocean
- The Pyramids of New Egypt: Built during the Star League era, the five pyramids were the whim of an eccentric megabillionaire, Akem Sanders, who believed in the pantheistic religions of the ancient Egyptians. He had the pyramids built as a sign of his devotion. Since then, there have been many attempts to burrow into or under the pyramids in search of treasure, but nothing has ever been found.
|Closest 56 systems (54 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Eltanin||7.5||New Wessex||11.1||Gamma Sagittarius||11.4||Cebalrai||13.6|
|Altais||41.0||Yed Posterior||42.5||Moore||43.6||La Blon||44.0|
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine, p. 188 (PDF p. 190): "A Brief Atlas" – Vega entry
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 25: "Vega"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 3: "Vega"
- Dominions Divided, p. 85
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 15: "The Reluctant Archon"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- First Succession War, p. 25
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, p. 113
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 66: "Hanging On"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), foldout: "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), foldout: Lyran Commonwealth Map 
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54: "The Jihad in Review"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 6
- Era Report: 3145, p. 19: "Timeline of Events (cont.)"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 24: "Timeline of Events (cont.)"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 5
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 6: "Prefecture I"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 42
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 54
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 32
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 33
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 64
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 77
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 78
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10: "Xi Galaxy"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 5
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10: "Dark Age Timeline"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 7: "Important Military Actions of 3133"
- Daughter of the Dragon, p. 44
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega - BC Exclusive Track, p. 2
- Era Report: 3145, p. 72
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, pp. 18–19: "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status
- First Succession War, p. 139: "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- First Succession War, p. 136: "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133: "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 40: "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117: "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186: "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173: "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 188: "Vega"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 47
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega
- Daughter of the Dragon (novel)
- Dominions Divided
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Shattered Fortress
- Trial by Chaos (novel)
- Turning Points War of 3039: Vega