|Manufacturer||Tomori Trans Industrial |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Max Thrust||3 g|
|Armament||2x PPCs |
5x Large Lasers
16x Medium Lasers
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||5/0|
Among the most deadly DropShips ever fielded, the Vengeance-class is the largest dedicated fighter-carrier in common use by the Successor States, capable of transporting up to 40 fighters. While featuring an aerodyne shape, the flat boxy design of the Vengeance prevents it from operating in an atmosphere. Having no need for a secondary interplanetary drive because of this, rather than a number of large decks like most other DropShips, the Vengeance features 47 relatively small decks leading up towards its nose. 
Due to the importance and expense of the craft, the Vengeance is generally escorted by at least two or three well-armed assault DropShips.  Most of these precious ships serve in the Inner Sphere navies, with a small number in service with the more well-off mercenary units.  During the closing decades of the Star League era, Vengeance-class DropShips manufactured by Salvatore Incorporated on Layover played an important part in the rapid rebuilding of the Department of Naval Assault within the Federated Suns Navy.
The Vengeance is equipped with light weaponry and armor for its size, but makes up for it with its maneuverability and large number of AeroSpace Fighters. The bulk of its firepower is made up of LRM launchers, four LRM-20s and one LRM-10. These are backed up with two PPCs and five large lasers. The close range firepower consists of sixteen Medium Lasers and three AC/5s. While it barely carries enough ammo for the AC/5s, the LRM launchers are well fed.
Running the length of the ship, the cavernous fighter bay takes up the bulk of the Vengeance and can be divided into two separate self-contained bays via small bracing walls in an emergency. Referred to as the port and starboard bays, both feature four small launch bays able fire off a fighter a minute. While capable of recovering two fighters a minute, the proximity of both large recovery bays to the craft's engines forces the crew to shut the massive Warrior-ATP drives off to avoid frying its returning fighters. 
Three Small Craft cubicles are also attached to the massive fighter bay with their own launch door. Beyond its load of fighters and small craft, the Vengeance has a meager two-hundred and fifty tons of spare cargo capacity. 
- Kallon Industries attempted to refit the Vengeance-class in order to improve its weaponry. The PPCs were first upgraded to ER PPCs and the missile systems equipped with Artemis IV. The Large Lasers were also upgraded to extended range models and a Gauss Rifle built into the nose of the vessel. Further 22 heat sinks were added to make up for the increased heat generated, and fuel and cargo space was cut to make up for the upgrades.
- Vengeance-PWS Prototype
- This prototype Pocket WarShip was created by the Magistracy of Canopus. It reduces the fighter complement to eighteen, adds a small Naval Comm-Scanner, and upgrades the armor to Heavy Ferro-Aluminum protection. The weapons were removed and replaced with eight Piranha missile launchers. These are supplemented by fourteen LRM-20s equipped with Artemis IV fire control systems. Artemis IV systems are also found on the seven Enhanced LRM-20s scattered around the hull. Eight Anti-Missile Systems provide additional protection. Twin Medium X-Pulse Lasers are in each wing, while four ER Medium Lasers cover the aft arc. Four foot infantry bays provide space for marines, and the ship can carry 376 tons of cargo. BV (2.0) = 19,450
- This Pocket WarShip was created by the Magistracy of Canopus. Reducing the fighter complement to eighteen and redesigning a few interior spaces allowed the engineers to refit the hull to carry eight Piranha missile launchers and twenty-one LRM-20s with Artemis IV FCS. This massive missile load is enough to swamp the defenses of many DropShips and WarShips, as well as outright destroying AeroSpace Fighters. This allows the fighters carried by the Vengeance-DC to rapidly destroy the enemy force. For close in defense, the Vengeance-DC mounts eight Anti-Missile Systems. Four ER Medium Lasers cover the rear arc, while a pair of Medium X-Pulse Lasers are in each wing. BV (2.0) = 18,189
The Vengeance-DC variant features the following design quirk:
- The MUL Profile for the Vengeance, shows that the vessel's introductory date was altered from 2782, being shifted to 2682.
- In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Vergeltung.
Original Vengeance from DropShips and JumpShips: ComStar Intelligence Summary
Vengeance from TRO:3057
Variant Vengeance-DC from TRO:Proto
- Field Report 2765: AFFS, p. 5-6, "Naval Defense Doctrine"
- online date for the Vengeance
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 251
- DropShips and JumpShips: ComStar Intelligence Summary, p. 54
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 56
- Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 14
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 190
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 100
- MUL Intro date for Vengeance changed and listed as 2682.