- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Inner Sphere Military Ranks|
|For specific ranks see Military Ranks|
- 1 SLDF
- 2 Lyran Commonwealth and Lyran Alliance
- 3 Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery
- 4 Armed Forces of the Federated Suns
- 5 Capellan Confederation Armed Forces
- 6 Free Worlds League
- 7 The Clans
- 8 ComStar/Word of Blake
- 9 Free Rasalhague Republic
- 10 Periphery Powers
- 11 References
- 12 Bibliography
In the first Star League Defense Force Naval Service, a Vice Admiral was the highest ranking Naval officer in a military region. This typically meant that the SLDF Vice Admiral commanded all naval assets in a region covering a Successor State.
Like all SLDF admirals, these officers wore cuff stripes in gold with a purple background on their sleeves as their rank insignia. Each stripe was equivalent to a General officer's star. A Vice Admiral wore two of these cuff stripes.
Lyran Commonwealth and Lyran Alliance
This rank isn't used by the LAAF.
Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery
This rank isn't used by the Draconis Combine Admiralty.
Armed Forces of the Federated Suns
AFFS Vice Admirals wear epaulets with three broad bands across the base.
|Rank||MechWarrior||AeroSpace Fighter||Infantry||Armor||Naval Crew||Technical
Capellan Confederation Armed Forces
This rank isn't used by the CCAF.
Free Worlds League
In the FWLM, Admiral is the highest commissioned naval rank. Only the Captain-General and the Marshals outrank officers who hold the rank of Admiral. Prior to Thomas Marik's military reforms of 3047, seniority among admirals was determined based on time in grade. Therefore the admirals who had served the longest were the most senior. These admirals are separated into Vice-Admirals and Admirals based on service.
A Free Worlds League admiral's rank insignia is a single strip of silver set into a single strip of gold, which is further mounted on a single purple stripe. This is identical to the rank insignia of a FWLM General.
This rank isn't used by the Clans.
ComStar/Word of Blake
This rank isn't used by the ComGuards or Word of Blake Militia.
Free Rasalhague Republic
This rank isn't used by the Kungsarme.
Magistracy of Canopus
This rank isn't used by the Magistracy Armed Forces.
Taurian Defense Force
This rank isn't used by the TDF.
This rank isn't used by the Hegemony Armed Forces.
This rank isn't used by the Alliance Military Corps.
- The Star League, p. 140
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 129, "Major General"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 28
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 84
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 21