Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Victoria nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||92.884 : -347.978[e]|
|Recharge time||198 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||None (3025)|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Victoria II
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Planetary Rulers
- 4.3 Military Deployment
- 4.4 Geography
- 4.5 Planetary Locations
- 4.6 Industrial Centers
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The Victoria system is located near the Quimberton and Sindalin systems and consists of a class K7IV primary orbited by at least two planets. During the late thirty-first century a recharge station was put in place at the system zenith jump point.
- 2366 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2890 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3022 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3050 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3103 - Federated Suns 
- 3135 - Federated Suns 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
|Moons||4 (Jocelyn, Jennifer, Astrid, Lissete)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Thin (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||2°C (Boreal)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Founding||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler||Lady Kelly O'Hanlon (3025)|
Duchess Abigail O'Hanlon (3067)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Randolph Webber) (3025)|
Victoria II is the second planet in the Victoria system and has four moons named Astric, Jocelyn, Jennifer and Lissete. Home to a number of significant industrial complexes, Victoria has served as the administrative capital of the Victoria Commonality during those periods in which the planet wasn't under the control of the Federated Suns.
Victoria is a world with violent weather, so violent in fact that despite having the most stringent building codes in the Inner Sphere, most people prefer to live underground. This subterranean existence allows the residents to get on with their lives without dealing with the daily hailstorms. The gloom of underground life is offset by the presence of large domed parks that get sunlight. Residents can go to a park to feed their need for sun without being pelted by ice. These parks are so impressive that they serve as a tourist attraction in their own right.
The Succession Wars
In the mid-3020s, a Star League era BattleMech research center was found on Victoria. With the recovery of the Helm Memory Core, the advanced technologies found in this facility were put into production. In addition several designs, like the Duan Gung, were created based on information recovered from this facility. It was alleged by some entities - such as Solaris Press - that the Star League-era research facility was rebuilt with assistance from the Word of Blake, assistance given in exchange for Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao keeping silent about the actions of the Word in the Marian Hegemony and surrounding areas after he led a combination of Magistracy Armed Forces units and mercenaries to destroy a Blakist supply base on Campoleone.
In addition to the ancient Star League research plant on Victoria, the planet also benefited from Earthwerks Limited placing a small manufacturing plant there in the wake of the Fourth Succession War, a product of the determined effort on Earthwerk's part to establish minor plants in safe locations to rebuild the company's income after the loss of the Tikonov facilities.
FedCom Civil War Era
When Sun-Tzu Liao reorganized the Prefectures within the Confederation in 3064 in the aftermath of the Capellan-St. Ives War he formally established both the Liao and Victoria Commonalities, and Victoria became the Commonality capital world of the Victoria Commonality.
With the rebuilding of the Shengli Arms plant and the establishment of the Victoria Commonality Victoria underwent a general improvement in prosperity and influence. Much of the responsibility for the improvement rested with the planetary governor, Duchess Abigail O'Hanlon, who spent a considerable amount of political capital to have Victoria installed as the Prefecture capital and her family as the ruling house. With the establishment of the Prefecture Duchess O'Hanlon spent increasing amounts of time away from Victoria, leaving governance of the planet in the hands of her niece, Diem Annalise O'Hanlon.
One of the more visible aspects of this upswing was the establishment of the Victoria Institute of Engineering or VIE, a haven of advanced learning that by 3067 was beginning to rival Sian University as a center for research. In 3061 the government of Victoria and the VIE established a grant that capitalized on the engineering program at the institute, allowing for the design for a dome expansion generated each year by the VIE valedictorian student to be built and incorporated into the existing domes. 3063 also saw the graduation of the first class from the new Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology, the newest training center in the Capellan Confederation and one that is unique in having more technicians enrolled in combat classes than cadets, a direct result of the site's close location to and relationship with the Shengli Arms plant. Victoria also saw Trellis Electronics build their second plant on Victoriam doubling Trellis' production by 3066, an economic boon that has been felt in the local area; the city of Trellis is located far from the planetary capital and the twin suns of the VIE and the Shengli Arms plant, and the local economic boom produced by the new plant earned Trellis Electronics not just some significant tax benefits but a great deal of goodwill from the local population.
By the closing years of the Jihad Victoria had become a popular garrison billet for the CCAF thanks to the presence of the Prefectorate Guard, a popular sight with the local population and the recipients of excellent supply and repair facilities courtesy of Shengli Arms, to whom the Guard provide valuable testing expertise.
It took until mid-3081 for Shengli Arms to finish removing the debris which buried their manufacturing plant after it was attacked during the Jihad. While the company managed to continue manufacturing from those production lines which hadn't been buried, excavating the buried lines had shown that large amounts of equipment critical to production had been damaged or destroyed and that it would take more time to return to full production.
When the Federated Suns landed a large AFFS task force on Victoria in 3103, the battle for control of the planet soon took on the appearance of an inevitable AFFS victory; despite facing a skilled Capellan force, the AFFS had deployed a sizable contingent of Savior Repair Vehicles, allowing them to swiftly salvage, repair and rearm the AFFS forces to an extent the CCAF couldn't match. However, Sao-shao Mike Alonzo managed to insert a company of Fa Shih battle armor into the AFFS rear areas, where they proceeded to attack supply routes, field bases and numerous Saviors. The damage inflicted extended the battle for control of Victoria by months.
In 3144, the Capellan Confederation launched Operation CELESTIAL REWARD. As part of this massive invasion against the Federated Suns, five Victoria Commonality Rangers regiments landed on Victoria and easily liberated the planet by 3145.
- Lady Kelly O'Hanlon
- Duchess Abigail O'Hanlon
- Olson's Rangers
- - At this point in time Prefectorate Guard is operating at 80% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - The unit operating at 110% of strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- Lethal Injection
- - At this point in time, the unit was at 60% of full strength with an "A" equipment rating.
Victoria's low surface water coverage left the planet with a single supercontinent named Victoria.
- Barns: the planetary capital city.
- Pictish: the location of the Shengli Arms facilities.
- Fort Lee: a Star League-era SLDF fortification and garrison headquarters
- Carlos Dangmar Lee BattleMech Research Center: a Star League era research facility
- Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology.
- Victoria Institute of Engineering.
|Closest 60 systems (59 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 137, "Victoria Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 85, "Victoria Planet Profile"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Victoria"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Sourcebook), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Sourcebook), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition), p. 12 "THE RIMWARD PERIPHERY"
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition), p. 14-15 "3022 INTERSTELLAR EXPEDITIONS. IAAS-349-SIFNM97-MMMXXII"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 24, "Savior Repair Vehicle"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 89, "19th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 76
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 58, "The Politics of Secrecy"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 134, "Earthwerks, Limited"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 65, "Reintegration and Trinity"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 106, "Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 137, "Trellis Electronics"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 101, "Victoria Commonality"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- First Succession War (Sourcebook), p. 136, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Mercenary Supplemental Update, p. 85, "Lethal Injection Profile"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 8, "Capellan Hussars Regimental Status"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 20, "Irregular Forces Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 160, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 47, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3145"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 89, "19th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 89, "19th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Earthwerks Incorporated"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Shengli Arms"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Trellis Electronics"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries