This article needs additional citations for verification.
The Victoria Commonality is a region of the Capellan Confederation. It is the Confederation's most rimward Commonality and located next to the Periphery, the Federated Suns' Capellan March, and the Duchy of Andurien.
History & Description
Created in the early 3060s during Sun-Tzu Liao's Xin Sheng reforms, it was formed of all the rimward worlds of the Confederation. Other then the Andurien Secession of the early 3030s, the Commonality's worlds had seen little of the wars other Commonalities had been damaged by, allowing the region to quietly build itself into a cultural and industrial fortress. Except for Shengli Arms on Victoria, countless small to midsize industrial centers are scattered across the worlds of the Commonality that produce much of the high-quality consumer goods that the Confederation then exports to the rest of the Trinity Alliance.
The citizens of the Commonality were long known as “those people out there” to the rest of the Confederation because of their proximity to the Periphery. This prejudice by the late 3060s was slowly changing, partly due to an influx of Taurians and Canopians who were from even farther "out there", but also the Commonality’s citizens' sheer determination to prove themselves worthy of Commonality status.
Systems of Note
- 2nd Liao Dragoons - Detroit
- 3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Pilpala/New Roland
- 6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Joppa/Jia Tian
- 7th Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Bromhead
- 8th Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Laconis
- 9th Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Zanzibar
- 1st Victoria Rangers - Victoria
- 3rd Victoria Rangers - Jacson
Maps of the Commonality
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 85: "Victoria Commonality"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 47