|Manufacturer||Ishikawajima-Harima Battle Armor Industries|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
1x Support PPC
|Armor Type||Improved Stealth|
The Void is a battle armor design that is produced by the Draconis Combine. The DCMS decided to push its battle armor development program to continue producing new designs following the surge of the 3050s. Though the Combine-Ghost Bear War set the timetable back, the Void debuted in 3067 to a lukewarm reception. It was only after the High Command and Procurement Department realized that part of the design process involved making the suit specifically adjustable to accommodate Elementals, and fully understood the possibilities for trade and partnership with Clan Nova Cat, that a battlesuit that so closely resembles the Kage it was based upon was approved for production.
The Void is protected by enough improved stealth armor to stop a Medium Laser. The stealth armor makes it more difficult to target the trooper, while also making it all but invisible to enemy detection devices, such as Active Probes. Like the Kage, the Void can jump one hundred and twenty meters, though it achieves this through the use of a jump booster instead of the partial wing. The Void can mount and ride OmniMechs.
Weapons and Equipment
Unlike the Kage, each Void suit is equipped with an integral weapon, in this case a Support PPC. The PPC enables the Void to deal a decent amount of damage from a moderate distance away, or it can be used in an anti-'Mech attack. Since it is equipped with basic manipulators, a Void trooper can also engage in swarm and leg attacks.
- Developed in 3078 by Dante Harima, this Experimental Tech version of the Void uses a mix of experimental Inner Sphere and Clan Technology. Its original weaponry is replaced with a Clan ER Small Laser in the right arm. A Mine Dispenser is added to the suit's body to help slow down enemy combatants. In place of its Jump Jets, its been fitted with experimental Mechanical Jump Boosters. For protection and stealth, Clan Improved Stealth armor has been added. BV (2.0) = 58
- Void (Minelayer)
- A production version of the Void Caltrop, this version of the Void armor keeps the Mechanical Jump Booster but replaces the Clan-spec laser with a single Medium Recoilless Rifle and paired Mine Dispensers. A single Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount allows the soldier to eliminate conventional infantry or sentries. The Improved Stealth armor of the Caltrop has been replaced with Basic Stealth armor that is more widely available. (The reduction of weight and space allowed the installation of the second Mine Dispenser.) The Recoilless Rifle has proven effective against 'Mechs and armored vehicles that have made it through the minefields placed by the armor. The Void Minelayer also uses a pair of Heavy Battle Claws to make anti-'Mech attacks. BV (2.0) = 60
- Accurate Weapon (Minelayers)
- Fast Reload (Mines)
- Modular Weapons
- Poor Targeting/Long (Medium Recoilless Rifle)
- MUL online date for the Void
- Combat Equipment, p. 54
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 29
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 47
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 28
- The original version in Combat Equipment used two armored gloves, but under the battle armor construction rules in TechManual, a medium battle armor that has two armored gloves cannot make anti-'Mech attacks, which Combat Equipment explicitly states the Void can do. In order to resolve this contradiction, the left arm is now fitted with a basic manipulator.
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 48
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 49
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita, p. 15, 28, "Void Caltrop" - Experimental tech version of the Void Battle Armor.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 11
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 19