- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Eagle Craft Group|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Engine||Falcon 255 Standard|
|Communications System||Falcon Talk 1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Falcon Eye 1|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Falcon Heavy|
During the early 2800s Clan Jade Falcon found itself in increasingly dire straits due to internal divisions between their Warrior and Lower Castes. Khan Lisa Buhallin ordered her scientists to create a heavily armed and armored 'Mech that could provide the Falcons with the breathing room they needed to rebuild. Never intended as a long-term production design, the durable Wakazashi was relatively easy to build but was difficult to repair or modify. Subsequently, the Wakazashi's reputation suffered with the appearance of the OmniMech. When the Falcon's fortunes improved in the early thirtieth century, Wakazashi production was shut down in favor of other designs. Only a few scattered examples survived at the time of the Great Refusal, and none were brought to the Inner Sphere.
Though the Wakazashi used an Endo Steel chassis, that was the only sophisticated construction element in the design. The Wakazashi is powered by a standard fusion engine and had a top speed comparable to an Atlas, though three Jump Jets allowed the Wakazashi to cover broken terrain. Having sixteen and half tons of armor and fourteen double heat sinks, the Wakazashi could hang in a fight for an extended period.
Weapons and Equipment
The Wakazashi uses an SLDF Model 22-99-b Gauss Rifle and a Talon 5 ER PPC to provide long range firepower. An opponent who closes with the Wakazashi, hoping to get under the minimum range of these weapons, is in for a rude shock: a massive Flocculation LB 20-X autocannon and a pair of Series 7J ER Medium Lasers are used in order to deter any opponent that would close in. With three tons of ammunition for the Gauss Rifle and Autocannon, the Wakazashi is able to inflict large amounts of damage on a multitude of enemy forces.
Notorious for the difficulties in fixing it, the Wakazashi chassis did not lend itself to modifications. No official variants are known to exist.
- The fluff text for the design says it uses Ferro-Fibrous Armor, but the record sheet does not dedicate any critical spaces to armor and the number of armor points on the 'Mech is equal to tonnage times standard armor point count.
- The sword's name is actually spelled wakizashi.
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 26
- MUL online date for the Wakazashi
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 27
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 35