- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
Walter Nellis (born ???? - died ????) was an officer within the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns during the height of the Star League era. Nellis was appointed to command of the Thirty-third Avalon Hussars when the regiment was reactivated by First Prince John Davion in 2760, and he was keen to honor the traditions of the original Thirty-third Avalon Hussars, which had been deactivated as a part of the AFFS complying with the Star League Council Edict of 2650. As a consequence of his commitment to those traditions, Nellis hired a professional basketball coach; the first commanding officer of the Thirty-third had been the Most Valuable Player of his graduating class at the Albion Military Academy and had inspired a sporting tradition that stuck with the Thirty-third throughout its existence.
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 9, "Avalon Hussars"