- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Snow Raven Industrial Complex Beta|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Raven Endo Steel WC1|
|Armor||Compound LZ-7 Ferro-Lamellor|
|Engine||Redline 350 XL|
|Communications System||TDWS-37 Mk. 2.2|
|Targeting Tracking System||“Hermes” CT-44|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The War Crow is a Heavy OmniMech fielded by Clan Snow Raven. Commissioned by Khan Sterling McKenna, she had implemented development of the War Crow as a part of efforts to prepare her Clan for a war she believed could end up coming to the Alliance. The War Crow was designed to become the backbone of a newly revived Touman of Clan Snow Raven.
Weapons and Equipment
Powered by the Redline 350 Extra-Light Fusion Engine, the War Crow is designed to move at a modest pace with other combatants. The Snow Raven Scientist caste designed the 'Mech with the latest in their Clan's armor protection, 15.5 tons of Ferro-Lamellor. While still a heavy OmniMech, the Ravens chose to give the Mech a fully functional hand actuator in the right arm.
As a frontline combatant for the Snow Ravens, the Mech was fitted with OmniPods supporting 25 tons of of weapons and equipment. The primary configuration is set up with balanced weapons, making it a generalist. The Prime's long-range weapons include a pair of Clan built 15-tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers teamed with an Extended Range PPC, which is further enhanced with a Capacitor.
For close-in combat, the Mech has pair of both ER- and Pulse-type Medium Lasers in the arms and side torsos. The missile launchers are supplied with 4 tons of reloads, split between arm-mounted ammo bins.
- Alt. Config. A
- A speedy skirmisher by design, the Supercharger-equipped A's primary weapon is its left arm mounted HAG 30, supplied with 16 rounds of ammo. Backing up the Gauss weapon is an all energy compliment, with an Extended Range Large Laser, a pair of ER Medium Lasers and one ER Small Laser. BV (2.0) = 3,030
- Alt. Config. B
- Highly mobile thanks to its five Jump Jets, this skirmisher's lone long range weapon comes in the form of a Streak LRM 15 launcher. The launcher is backed up by a right arm mounted Large Pulse Laser, a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers split between the side torsos, and a single ER Medium Laser in the head. BV (2.0) = 2,787
The War Crow is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 6
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 32
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 33
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 34
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 35