Warner MechWarrior Academy
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Warner Mechwarrior Academy|
|Founding Year||After Fourth Succession War|
Founded by a second rate arena fighter and conman, the Warner MechWarrior Academy was a far cry from the formal military academies of the Great Houses, basically surviving thanks to the egos of numerous wannabees MechWarriors who flock to Solaris, dreaming of entering the games. Since the Fourth Succession War the Academy boasted that it had graduated more than "500" MechWarriors, though Vanderholf rarely acknowledges that a mere handful are still alive on 3051.
At least six students are enrolled in the Academy's 16-week combat course at any given time. Students train in one of the Academy's four Chameleons, all in rather shoddy condition, with Vanderholf directing all fees towards benefits to himself rather than back into the school.
Local news papers periodically ran exposes on Werner Mechwarrior Academy and rewards against the con man's head from families grieving from their loss of a son or a daughter who trained there are not unheard of. He did survive them all.
- Solaris: The Reaches, p. 37, "Warner Mechwarrior Academy"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 25 "Jihad: The Early Years - Operation: SHOWTIME"