Wayland Mobile Base
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Wayland Mobile Base|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Large)|
|Top Speed||54 kph|
|Power Plant||LTV Industrial Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret Type 3|
|Targeting Tracking System||OP/911|
|Armament||4 x Medium Lasers|
|Armor||Bergan Commercial Plate|
Designed for the Terran Hegemony, the Wayland Mobile Base was a militarized support vehicle used for the repair of combat units in the field. First produced in 2541, the Wayland was the product of Bergan Industries of New Earth to fulfill the Hegemony Armed Forces requirements to maintain its forces while far from home bases. The vehicle would continue to serve with the Star League Defense Force until 2715, but continue on with the other Great House states. As time moved on, no example of the Wayland would survive the onslaught of the First Succession War.
Armament & Capacities
Designed as a mobile gantry, the vehicle provided the HAF with a maintenance support unit that could fend off minor enemy forces, should they infiltrate into friendly back areas. The vehicle's only weaponry is its four Martell Medium Lasers (guided by an Advanced Fire Control system), which are mounted in a turret. To protect the repair crew, Bergan armored the vehicle with 12.5 tons of BAR 7 rated commercial armor.
The Wayland has an 11-ton standard cargo capacity, with a rear access door.
- As of this writing, there is no published record sheet for the Wayland Mobile Base.
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 214-215, "Wayland Mobile Base"