|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Dennenbach-Mitchell Series 9 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Magna 350 Light Engine|
|Communications System||Dornman Echo II with C3i Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wayne SuperSight|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 60|
|BV (1.0)||1,341 (C³) 102|
The Word of Blake wanted to create quad BattleMechs, but were unable to produce the kind that they wanted until they acquired the light engine technology from the Lyran Alliance. As with many Word 'Mechs, the majority were funneled to secret units. The White Flame is as protected by its jump jets that can propel it up to 150 meters as by its fifteen tons of armor. A C3i Computer allows it to share targeting telemetry with other similarly equipped units.
Weapons and Equipment
The Tronel XIII Large Pulse Laser, Tronel XII Medium Pulse Laser, and two Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers give the White Flame an all-energy configuration for its offensive weaponry. This gives it the ability to operate far from supply for extended periods, but the damage rate is rather low when compared to other 'Mechs of a similar size. Its strength is undoubtedly its speed, which it can use to harass enemies and keep from taking too many hits.
- This variant's pulse lasers are replaced with a Ceres Arms Crusher plasma rifle that increases the heat levels in units it strikes. In order to make room for it, a ton of armor and a double heat sink were removed. The ER medium lasers, C3i, and anti-missile system are all retained, though the AMS only has half the ammunition available. It also carries a heavy-duty gyro. BV (2.0) = 1,826
- This variant uses a Small Cockpit to free some room. A TAG and ER Medium Laser are mounted in the head, while another ER Medium Laser, two Medium Pulse Lasers, and a Snub Nose PPC make up the rest of the armament. This White Flame carries thirteen double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,680
The White Flame has the following Design Quirks:
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Weißglut, which means White Heat. The model code was accordingly changed to WSG-3B.
Original White Flame from TRO:3067
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 100–101: "Dasher"
- ↑ MUL online date for the White Flame
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3067, p. 85
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 132
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Technical Readout: 3067, p. 85
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 133
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 134
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 95 Design Quirk Table - White Flame Entry.