|Class||Light aerospace fighter|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Power Plant||PlasmaStar 270 light fusion engine|
|Communications System||Rander 250|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Rander TA8|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
First Deployed in 3088, the Wildkatze became the Lyran Commonwealth's newest frontline medium aerospace fighter. The design was born due to need for a replacement to the Seydlitz, which was lost due to Isle of Skye and the Shipil Company being gifted to the formation of the Republic of the Sphere. After being introduced into service, the Wildkatze was first deployed to border forces as an air and space superiority fighter. The fighter's first pilots were initially former Seydlitz pilots who found the craft comparable to their old rides.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed with the principles of acceleration and firepower, the Wildkatze was created to be able to counter the Commonwealth's contemporaries in the field of battle. Using a light fusion engine, the craft is capable of speeds upwards of six Gs. The engine's weight saving allows the Wildkatze to be fitted with considerable firepower, with its main weapon being a Defiance B33B Binary Laser, which produces high heat but gives the ship considerable punch. Supporting weapons include a pair of Helga Series MML-5 launchers, while a Defiance Model XII ER medium laser protects the ship's aft.
The ship employs nine tons of Bowie Glinting Blade reflective armor, giving the Wildkatze's hull considerable protection from incoming laser fire, but making it more vulnerable to autocannon and missile fire.
- This later version of the Wildkatze, first deployed in 3090, is a high-performance variant. The ship's main engine is swapped for an extralight fusion engine, allowing more room for the additional improvement to its armor, fuel, weaponry and ammunition. These would include a more conventional ER large laser in place of the binary laser cannon, a third MML-5 launcher, and an anti-missile system. 
The Wildkatze is subject to the following Design Quirk:
- As of this writing, there is currently no record sheet for the Wildkatze's variant.
- Wildkatze is German and simply translates to "Wild Cat".
- MUL online date for the Wildkatze
- Battletech Master Unit List's BV2 for the WKT-1S.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes p. 171, "Wilkatze" - BV2
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 86
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 170, "Wildkatze" - Overview & Capacities info.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 170, "Wildkatze" - Weapons and capacities of the Wildkatze.
- BattleTech Master Unit List's listing for WKT-2S variant & year of entering service.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 170, "Wildkatze"