XXII Corps (Star League)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||Fourteenth Army|
XXII Corps (or the Twenty-Second Corps) was one of the seventy-two Corps that made up the Star League Defense Force.
In 2764 XXII Corps was part of the 14th Army, assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. In the wake of Operation SMOTHER the XXII Corps was stationed along the Combine/Federated Suns border. In fact in 2765 half of the Corps was stationed within a single jump of the Federated Suns. To dissuade further conflicts between the two nations, the XXII Corps often held public training exercises. Though this often discouraged military adventurism, the general population of the Combine misinterpreted the exercises as SLDF support against the Federated Suns.
In 2765 the 59th Royal Jump Infantry Division of the LVI Corps of the 19th Army was assigned to cross train with the 349th Royal BattleMech Division on Junction. These two units didn't get along and butted heads several times.
The XXII Corps was located near the Terran Hegemony but was one of the most poorly equipped units. Most of the XXII's JumpShips were tasked with moving supplies, but a good portion of them were on standby in case the border boiled over.
When the simmering violence and rebellion building in the Periphery erupted with the New Vandenberg Uprising and subsequent Periphery-wide uprising in 2765 XXII Corps was deployed into Districts 2 and 3 of the DCMR, along with the rest of the 14th Army, to backfill for units deployed into the Periphery Military Region.
XXII Corps fought in the 12-year long Hegemony Campaign and took heavy losses; five of the nine divisions within the Corps were destroyed, as were all but one of the independent regiments. Despite the losses taken, XXII Corps mustered more combat strength on paper than any of the other Corps within the 14th Army in 2780.
When General Aleksandr Kerensky led the bulk of the surviving SLDF on the Exodus, the majority of the units within XII Corps followed him; some elements of the 95th Mechanized Infantry Division chose to remain in the Inner Sphere and joined the Draconis Combine, and history is silent on the final fate of the 79th Mechanized Infantry Division.
|Commanding Officers of the XXII Corps (Star League)|
- 305th BattleMech Division
- 349th Royal BattleMech Division
- 68th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 77th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 79th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 94th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- 95th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 124th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 131st Jump Infantry Division
- Independent Regiments
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 174
- The Star League, p. 147
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 175