XXXV Corps (Star League)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||"The Warriors of the Dark"|
|Parent Formation||Fifteenth Army|
XXXV Corps (or the Thirty-Fifth Corps) was one of the seventy-two Corps that made up the Star League Defense Force. Prior to the collapse of the Star League XXXV Corps was a large corps, consisting of 6 divisions and 2 independent regiments.
In 2764 XXXV Corps was part of the 15th Army, assigned to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The XXXV Corps' component commands were assigned to garrison worlds in the logistical chain from Terra to the SLDF Armies closer towards the Draconis Combine's Periphery border. Given the vast amount of space the XXXV Corps had to cover, it was permanently assigned a reconnaissance squadron from the SLDF Naval Command. The XXXV Corps established its headquarters on Isesaki. The main supply depot and munitions transfer point garrisoned by XXXV Corps, however, was the Midway star system. The XXXV Corps was fortunate in that resupply orders were filled quickly. This was a side effect of the XXXV Corps' duties to protect the main shipping routes to the units stationed in the Draconis Combine Military Region's Third District.
The XXXV Corps was commanded by Major General Farzad Ahmad in 2765. Shortly after he took command, he reassigned the units under his command to new garrison posts. This met with considerable grumbling as several of the units had been garrisoning their previous posts for decades.
When the simmering violence and rebellion building in the Periphery erupted with the New Vandenberg Uprising and subsequent Periphery-wide uprising in 2765 XXXV Corps was deployed into into the Periphery Military Region along with the rest of the 15th Army.
XXXV Corps took heavy losses in the Periphery Uprising; the Corps lost three full mechanized infantry divisions, the 155th, 160th and 243rd, along with the 119th Jump Infantry Division. The Hegemony Campaign inflicted relatively light losses on XXXV Corps by comparison; the 167th Mechanized Infantry Division was lost, along with the independent 291st Dragoon Regiment, but the remainder of the Corps survived intact... with the possible exception of the Mantuffel Division, which vanished from records sometime after the Periphery Uprising.
The majority of XXXV Corps followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784. The one possible exception to this is the Superstition Division, who are known to have survived the Hegemony Campaign but whose final fate is unknown.
|Commanding Officers of the XXXV Corps|
- 326th BattleMech Division
- 341st Royal BattleMech Division
- 13th Royal Infantry Division
- 155th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 160th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 167th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 212th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 243rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- 119th Jump Infantry Division
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 184
- The Star League, p. 148
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 185