- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries |
Martinson Armaments
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Celestial Prototype BD1Y Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Medium Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Ceres Motors 275|
|Communications System||CeresCom Model 21Rs with ECM and C3|
|Targeting Tracking System||C-Apple Churchill|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 950 Improved Jump Jets|
The Yao Lien started life as the Eidolon, a mass-produced FrankenMech constructed under the orders of Cameron St. Jamais using excess parts from the Celestial OmniMechs Precentor Manei Domini Apollyon denied him access. With House Liao discovering the existence of the top secret Liberty-based Martinson Armaments facility that built it, the CCAF interrupted Operation SCOUR's recapture of the planet to secure the plant for themselves, dismantling the facility and spiriting it away before anybody in Stone's Coalition realized it was even there. Initially using captured parts before switching to locally manufactured sub-components, the rebuilt facility on Capella was turning out the now renamed 'Mech for the Confederation shortly after the recapture of Terra.
Intended as a broken terrain and urban combat spotter for Blakist Level IIs, the Yao Lien compensates for its relatively slow ground speed with a large number of Improved Jump Jets, while ten tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor and ten Double Heat Sinks give the design reasonable combat endurance. As with much captured and re-purposed Blakist military hardware, a Guardian ECM Suite and standard C3 Slave are located where the Eidolon formerly mounted an Improved C3 Computer.
Weapons and Equipment
- Technical Readout: 3085 supplemental, pp. 30-31, "YOL-4C Yao Lien"
- MUL online date for the Yao Lien