York (Clan System)
York nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-70.834 : 1807.012[e]|
|Recharge time||173 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Nadir and Zenith|
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2821 - Clan
- 2840 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 2920 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 2930 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 3025 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 3030 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 3040 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 3052 - Clan Blood Spirit - 90%, Clan Jade Falcon - 5%, Clan Snow Raven - 5%
- 3057 - Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Snow Raven
- 3062 - Clan Blood Spirit
- 3067 - Clan Blood Spirit - 90%, Clan Star Adder - 10%
- 3072 - Abandoned
Orbital view of York
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||35°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Clan)|
York was a large and warm planet with relatively intense tectonic activity. The planet had large mountain ranges with several volcanoes reaching the stratosphere. Most of the planet's population was concentrated near the shorelines. The Horse Plains of the Northern Continent were the site of the death of Clan Blood Spirit's founding Khan, Colleen Schmitt, during a raid by Clan Burrock. York was one of just two planets in the Pentagon Worlds and the Kerensky Cluster that was 100% self-sufficient, albeit the harsh lifestyle common to the Clans.
York was colonized by Clans Jade Falcon, Snow Raven, and Blood Spirit before Operation: KLONDIKE. York remained a joint possession of these three Clans for over a century and a half. While Clans Jade Falcon and Snow Raven were active within the Clan Homeworlds, Clan Blood Spirit isolated its population from outside contacts. Following the Burrock Absorption, Blood Spirits laid claim to the rest of the planet by the Trials of Possession against the Falcons and the political dealings with the Snow Ravens. After gaining control of the planet, the Clan then moved the majority of its population to York to isolate itself from the rest of the Home Clans.
After humiliating the Spirits, the Star Adders established a small enclave on York for themselves in 3063. During this period the Blood Spirits were slowly isolated, used as means for Star Adders to train their personnel. Merchants were blockaded from traveling to the world until late 3060s. During one these merchant visits to York, emissaries from Clan Diamond Shark uncovered a partial prototype Crimson Hawk. The commander of the emissaries fought and won a Trial of Possession for the 'Mech, its scientists and data in the Morgrave Swamplands.
A slow struggle for possession of York played out over the next few years. Clan Blood Spirit could not commit the resources to liberate York from the Adders, and the Adders could not bring their full attention to York to fortify their holdings. While the stalemate left York largely untouched early in the Wars of Reaving, eventually the Adders sought a more permanent solution to the Spirits. A Star Adder fleet arrived in the York System and made a heavily contested planetfall on 3 August, 3072, extracting all remaining Adder forces from the planet. Three days later, the Adder fleet in orbit over York began bombarding almost every urban center on the surface. The bombardment took place 6-22 August, 3072, leaving the resource-poor planet with little to salvage and the beginnings of an anthropogenic ice age. Two Clusters of Blood Spirit survivors and a fraction of the civilian population evacuated the planet. As of 3080, the planet is completely "untenable".
Garrisoning Military Force
- Naval Reserve (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Alpha Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Omega Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Omicron Provisional Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Sigma Provisional Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Tau Provisional Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Upsilon Provisional Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Clan Blood Spirit Reserve Industriplex-2
- Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant Main Production Facility
- York Aerospace Fighter Y4 Facility
- York BattleMech Y3 Facility
- York OmniMech Y1 Facility
- York Vehicle Y2 Facility
- Elemental Facility 4
|Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 113
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 133: "Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster (2821)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, pp. 22–25: "Clan Blood Spirit"
- ↑ Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, pp. 71, 113
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 39: "Clan Political Balance Table"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 228: "Political Balance Table, 3067"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 105
- ↑ BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 203: population as of 3074
- ↑ BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 203: Planet's environments profile in Art & Fiction book
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 23
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 26: "Life on the Knife Edge"
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, pp. 22–24
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, pp. 70–71: "Clan Blood Spirit"
- ↑ BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 203: "The Color of Rage" - York (Clan Planet) profile in 3074
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 39: Clan Political Balance Table - York still has small enclave belonging to Star Adders on it
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 15
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 134: "Crimson Hawk": 'Mech's fluff reveals a Trial of Possession on York led to development of the Crimson Hawk
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, pp. 15–16, 35, 39, 42, 44, 51, 54 104–105: "The Fall of York"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 155
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 21.4 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 148: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 35: "The Art of Distraction"