York (WarShip class)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Use||Destroyer / Carrier|
|Sail Diameter||1180 meters|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Top Thrust||3 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||13|
|Armament|| 6 x ER Large Lasers |
6 x ER Medium Lasers
24 x Small Lasers
4 x Medium Pulse Lasers
2 x AC/10s
4 x LRM-20s with Artemis IV FCS)
4 x NAC/30s
2 x NAC/40s
12 x NL-35s
12 x NL-45s
4 x Medium NPPCs
|Armor|| Fore: 120|
|Grav Decks||2 x (65 and 140 meter diameter)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||20/30|
|Heat Sinks||581 (1,162)|
The York was initially created through extensive refits of six Riga II-class WarShips that Aleksandr Kerensky had managed to take with his fleet for Exodus. Eventually these led to the construction of new WarShips maintained mainly by Clan Nova Cat, who was the only Clan who used them during the invasion of the Inner Sphere, but also Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Smoke Jaguar.
It was reported in 3061 that persistent rumors were circulating amongst the Clans that Clan Coyote had commissioned Clan Snow Raven to construct a new York-class WarShip for them, the first to be constructed since a batch of a dozen had been constructed more than a hundred years beforehand. By 3067 the Coyotes had a new York in their touman - the CCS Broken Sea.
Unlike many other ships the York-class has extensive anti-fighter weaponry, featuring 24 Small Lasers as well as ER Lasers and AC/10s for better long-range protection. The York however also has an impressive array of Naval weapons and great armor.
York cargo capacity is devoted to 50 fighters in 2 bays and an additional 3 support craft in a third bay, being up to 67 167 tons of cargo including two additional DropShips that can be carried on two landing zones in front section of the ship.
- The York class was originally statted to have 595,000 tons of mass. However, this was later adjusted to 600,000 tons. The new mass is confirmed as correct by the ship's MUL entry.
- MUL online date for the York (WarShip class)
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 289
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 136, "York WarShip Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 46, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 57, "Naval Assets"