- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Zhukov Heavy Tank|
|Armor||ArcShield Max I|
|Communications System||Olmstead 30|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cirxese BallistaCheck with Cirxese RockeCheck|
In 3030, Aldis Industries deployed the successful follow up to its venerable Demolisher design, the slightly lighter Zhukov. While it shares many of the parts and features of the design that inspired it, the Zhukov is smaller, better armored, and packs less weaponry than its predecessor. Its first major deployment was with the Wolf's Dragoons whereupon the Zhukov has since seen constant improvements and tweaks as suggested to Aldis Industries by the field units that use it. Despite this, the Zhukov's constant updating was eventually halted by Aldis Industries in 3058 when it could no longer keep the design in pace with advancing technologies.
Weapons and Equipment
The Zhukov's strength is its relative simplicity. Two turret mounted SarLon MaxiCannon Autocannon/10s are more than adequate at providing sufficient firepower for the discriminating buyer while imitating its larger cousin the Demolisher. A single Harvester 20K SRM-6 offers some added punch to anything daring to venture closer to the Zhukov.
- Zhukov (WoB)
- The Word of Blake introduced an advanced Zhukov equipped with an Improved C3 Computer, a pair of Large Variable Speed Pulse Lasers, and a single MML-7. Additional armor and CASE protects the tank crew from ammunition explosions. To make room for all these changes this version is equipped with an XL Engine. BV (2.0) = 939
- Demolisher - An older tank whose effectiveness is well known and is a parts donor to the smaller Zhukov.
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Schukow, the correct German transcription of the World War 2 Russian general Georgy Zhukov (Жуков, Георгий Константинович).
- MUL online date for the Zhukov
- Combat Operations, p. 106
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 110-111, "Zhukov Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 169
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 68, "Zhukov Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 170
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 44
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 45