24th Mechanized Infantry Division
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|24th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Division du Aquitaine|
|Parent Formation||XV Corps|
The Twenty-Fourth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Twenty-Fourth was a part of the XV Corps within the Fifteenth Army and was assigned to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Twenty-Fourth but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The Twenty-fourth survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"