Welcome to the Research Desk. If you have questions about how to accomplish something on BattleTechWiki or have a problem that needs to be solved by an administrator, please consider posting to the Admin's Page. If you have a research question, such as:
- "What was the name of that one non-Marik that became Captain-General in the war against the Sarna Supremacy?"
- "Who owns the BattleTech intellectual property?"
- "What year and where did the Longbow 'Mech first get made?"
...this is the place for you. While the answer may not be quick, our researchers should be able to provide you with the information you need or ideally, a link straight to the relevant article here on the site.
|To make a request of the Research Desk please click the "+" at the top of this page to create a new section in order to ask a question Please be specific and remember to sign your request (by adding ~~~~ at the end).|
I'm doing a Mechwarrior campaign set in the Outworlds Wastes
I'm doing a Mechwarrior campaign set in the Outworlds Wastes. Currently the players are on the planet Tanz, which I had chosen because it was left as a blank slate (so far). But other than Wynn's Roost and a bit on the Traders Domain, is there any more information on the Outworlds Wastes? Raulpascal (talk) 08:59, 15 February 2021 (EST)
Information on Galaxy Commander Laurie Tseng
I am researching information on Galaxy Commander Laurie Tseng, Loremaster of Clan Ghost Bear. This character is mentioned many times but the only information i can find is name, rank, position, and command. If anyone has any ideas of what books i should be looking at researching this character let me know. Straw Boss (talk) 17:43, 18 May 2018 (EDT)
hi I've looked at mech factories in various places but cant find anything about how many mechs a month or year for each type were made so could you tell us
small factory medium factory large factory
light mech 20/35 ton
medium mech 40/55 ton
heavy mech 60/75 ton
assault mech 80/100 ton
also star league era and after wards say 2/3/4 succession wars era
The Corean factory at Jeratha on New Avalon is noted to be one of the few remaining fully automated factories left as of 3025. It produces 130 Valkryies chasis a year and an unspecified number of Centurions. The factory does not appear to produce weapons. This would be around small to medium sized factory as it appears to have only two lines.
sldf intelligence organisation
hi looking for what the sldf intel office was called and how it was set up who was in charge not been able to find anything anywhere about if such a thing existed can you help since im trying to write a story for a mech board game me and a few people are playing and this would be helpful thanks — The preceding unsigned comment was provided by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 09:54, 30 May 2021 .
- From @GreekFire, on the Discord: "It was known as the Star League Intelligence Command, and was led by a General. Who specifically was in charge depends entirely on the year; as of 2764, this would have been Framboise Apfelbucher. Relevant information is on p.18 of FM:SLDF, with most of the same info found in the old Star League sourcebook as well There was also the Hegemony Central Intelligence Bureau (HCIB), the Hegemony's specific intelligence organization, but less is known about their general structure."
Word of Blake
- I'll post this on the discord's #research-desk for you and see if someone might have an answer. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 06:23, 14 September 2021 (EDT)
- Going off real world timeline that was the ComStar sourcebook published 1992. However the first in-universe mention was BattleTechnology #20 (1995?), pp. 5-7 in March 3053; the ComStar sourcebook wasn't released in-universe until 26 May 3055 and the WoB related events of Ideal War (1993) didn't occur until 19 May 3054. -- MahiMahi (talk) 07:37, 14 September 2021 (EDT)
periphery jump times
- I do not think we have full data for the region but a few months would seem fairly reasonable.Dmon (talk) 15:35, 27 March 2022 (EDT)
Clans first appearance
What year did Fasa first publish the clans, and in what book?
- Hello! There are a few ways to answer this question, so I will try to tackle all of them:
- While obviously not spoken of as being originally from the Clans, in 1985 Tales of the Black Widow Company was the first scenario book for BattleTech, and so arguably they have been part of it almost from the very beginning.
- We learn about the Clans in the print novel Lethal Heritage, published in September 1989.
- The first scenario pack to include Clan forces was The Battle for Twycross, in 1990.
- The first sourcebook that detailed the Clans was Wolf Clan Sourcebook in 1991.
- I hope this helps!--Talvin (talk) 15:58, 2 May 2022 (EDT)
- I'd add to Talvin's list the fact that Wolf's Dragoons and Natasha Kerensky, i.e. the story seeds from which the Clans were spun, were there right at the beginning, in the first BT boxed set's rulebook. And the first deliberate (if still concealed) appearance of Clan customs and terminology was slipped into Wolves on the Border, though people wouldn’t be able to recognize it for what it was until Lethal Heritage came out some two months later. Frabby (talk) 01:06, 3 May 2022 (EDT)
Sources for Interplanetary Drives?
I normally answer questions here, but I am at my wit's end: is there a single canon source for anything on this page: Interplanetary Drive - Small Craft? The engine models show up on individual spacecraft pages, but I can't find a citation anywhere in the Wiki.-Talvin (talk) 09:29, 31 May 2022 (EDT)