Chi Galaxy (Escorpión Imperio)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3086)|
|Nickname||The Eternal Quest|
|Parent Formation||Imperio Militar Del Escorpión|
|Formed||Mid thirty-first century|
Clan Goliath Scorpion
Chi Galaxy was a Clan Goliath Scorpion military formation that was formed in 3060s as a new home for its warriors that were practitioners of the Clan's Seeker tradition.
The Chi was formed by Loremaster Kyrie Ben-Shimon, who wanted to hone the skills of the restless Seekers and provide a focus for their otherwise disorganized nature. When the Galaxy was first formed it was allocated a large allotment of Aerospace assets, including a Potemkin Class Troop Cruiser. It also received a number of newly produced Peregrine 4 BattleMechs from the Clan's newly acquired Abysmal Manufacturing Complex on Huntress. The Peregrine 4s became popular among the Seekers due to the 'Mech's orientation as Duellists.
The Galaxy was also used as a test-bed unit for new technologies including ProtoMechs, and Chi was one the few Galaxies in the Goliath Scorpion Touman where ProtoMech pilots were treated as equals. The Triton Heavy ProtoMech was among the new batch of these machines assigned to Chi prior to 3068.
Warriors from the Galaxy had been known to go on individual quests for lost SLDF artifacts.
Conflict on Circe
During the early years of the Jihad, the components of Chi Galaxy engaged with the Snow Ravens garrison forces on Circe. This was an attempt to seize a sizable part of the Snow Raven's holdings on planet, while the bulk of the Raven's fleet engaged in business in the Inner Sphere. The Galaxy's forces engaged with Snow Raven's 2nd Raven Garrison Cluster. In notable event in the struggle, Elements of the Scorpian's Battle Armor forces engaged Raven's Chrysaors Class ProtoMechs. The Elementals nearly found themselves outmatched by the Raven ProtoMechs' speed, and were forced to withdraw. BattleMechs from the 3rd Scorpions Seekers arrived in time to decimate the Raven's ProtoMech force.
In 3079 the Seeker Clusters from Chi were employed in searching for avenues of retreat or safe havens for their under-pressure Clan.
|Commanding Officers of the Chi Galaxy (Clan Goliath Scorpion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Randi Scott||3067|
|Commanding Officers of the Chi Galaxy (Escorpión Imperio)|
|Galaxy Commander||Lukas Shaffer||3086|
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 110, "Peregrine/Deployment 4"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 162, "Triton" - Chi Galaxy and Triton deployment noted as of 3068 prior losing contact with the Kerensky Cluster and the SLDF Huntress/Lootera garrison.
- Field Manual: Updates p. 63, "Warden Clans/Clan Goliath Scorpion" - Unit's basic profile and brief history.
- Techical Readout: 3075, p. 158, "Chrysaor/Deployment" - Raven's Chrysaors are wiped out by Griffin IIC from 3rd Scorpion Seekers.
- Wars of Reaving, p. 157-158, "Escorpión Imperio (Periphery Nation)"
- Field Manual: Updates p. 79, "Warden Clans/Deployment Tables for Clan Goliath in 3067" - Galaxy's components listed with its commanders.
- Wars of Reaving, p. 160-161, "Imperio Militar del Escorpión (as of 3086)"