- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3028)|
|Parent Formation||St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
|Formed||2805 & 2990|
Unit Description and Origin
Cochraine’s Goliaths were originally formed in 2805 as the 5th Capellan Chargers but were destroyed in the assault on Chesterton in 2812. They remained on the roles of the CCAF for 150 years until reformed as Cochrain’s Goliaths with Goliath ‘Mechs liberated from a long lost Star League Repair Depot.
First Succession War
During the First Succession War the then 5th Capellan Chargers participated in a multi-regimental task force attempting to retake the former Liao world of Chesterton in 2812. The unit landed unopposed but was attacked by the defending 3rd & 5th Crucis Lancers regiments with support by Belinda's Irregulars. The battle was a complete disaster for House Liao and the unit was considered destroyed.
Third Succession War
In 2990 Colonel Fiona Cochraine took command of the newly reactivated unit which was re-equipped with ‘Mechs found in a Star League repair depot on Tantara. Through this long-lost depot, found under an arctic ice shelf, the unit gained the Confederation's only allotment of Goliath ‘Mechs.
In the 3005 the unit finally saw action in defense of Indicass against elements of the Ceti Hussars. There the Goliaths destroyed two companies of Davion Wolverine and Ostroc 'Mechs, causing the Hussars to retreat.
Fourth Succession War
Out the outbreak of the 4th Succession War, the unit was the target of a planetary assault while garrisoning St. Andre on August 20th, 3028. The attacking Davion Light Guards were scattered because of heavy Aerospace fighter cover and their 2nd Battalion was unable to land.
The Goliath's pushed the Light Guard's 1st Battalion out of position by forcing the mixed light and medium ‘Mechs to stay away from their longer ranged weapons. The command company of the Goliath was attacked from the rear by a reinforced (double-sized) company of Light Guard 'Mechs. Delta Company, led by Captain Andrew Redburn, hot-dropped behind the Goliath's lines and attacked the larger ‘Mechs from the rear.
The Goliaths, armed with primarily long range weapons, were unable to fight back when the lighter 'Mechs closed to within short-range. Colonel Cochraine was killed when Captain Redburn resorted to a Death from Above attack while two lances worth of his troops concentrated fire on the stubborn Assault 'Mech.
The Goliaths fell into disarray and the Guard's 1st Battalion pushed into the battle line leading to the destruction of Cochrain’s Goliaths.
A stylized castle on a white field.
Cochrain’s Goliaths (1 Battalion/Regular)
- 1st Battallion – CO: Major Amira Keng
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation, p. 47, “Proffered Hand”
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation, p. 90, “Cochrain’s Goliaths, History”
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 240-241 - "Captain Redburn receives reports of fighting on St. Andre prior to dropping".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 244-245 - "Colonel Cochraine's Goliath is attacked attack finally killed by Delta Company".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 253-254, "First Prince Hanse Davion receives after-action report of Delta Company's attack on Cochraine's Goliaths".