|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Valiant Lamellor with CASE and Shields|
|Communications System||Neil 6000|
|Targeting Tracking System||Angst Clear View 2A|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 600|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Colossus was one of the first 'Mechs to use X-Pulse Lasers. Bethel Labs, the developers of the X-Pulse technology, wanted a demonstrator for their new technology. OmniTech Industries brushed off their Colossus design and the rest is history.
Using a standard engine, Endo Steel chassis, and armor, the Colossus can take enormous amounts of damage. Though not a particularly fast 'Mech, it does move at the same rate as the Atlas and other assault 'Mechs. In addition it has a 90 meter jump capability which can maneuver it out of trouble.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Colossus' main armament is its Defiance Disintegrator LB 20-X Autocannon. For long-range backup it carries two Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Lasers with Bethel Labs X-Pulse and two Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers with Bethel Labs X-Pulse for medium-range backup. A Small Shield was installed on each arm for better protection.
- The original Colossus design, introduced in 3053, carried a standard AC/20, and a Large Pulse Laser teamed with a Medium Pulse Laser in each arm. Like the updated version, this prototype could jump 90 meters. The armor protection remained the same, but it carried three Coolant Pods in the right and left torsos instead of the shields that would later appear on the CLS-4S. BV (2.0) = 1,986
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 172
- MUL online date for the Colossus (BattleMech)
- MUL online date for the original variant of the Colossus (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 280
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 279
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 281