Difference between revisions of "Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
m (Officers table structure)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Jiang junSiona Aterade-Liao
Jiang jun Siona Aterade-Liao
Jiang junSiona Aterade-Liao an experienced field commander from the CRC. Her husband Syn Wit Liao her with large political influence too. The second in command responsible for the home guard this combination of factors as bad influence to his career.
Revision as of 04:36, 18 June 2019
|Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Confederation Armed Forces|
The Confederation Reserve Cavalry were formed prior to the fall of the Star League. At their inception they were equipped as well as a front line CCAF force, but they were staffed by new graduates, volunteers, and other less-experienced troops. The Strategios planned to use troops from the CRC to fill gaps in front-line forces, and the CRC's colonels were ordered to put their forces under the command of any more-experienced units and commanders who they fought alongside. This allowed the CRC's troops to gain experience while serving the goals of the Confederation. The First through Seventh CRC were formed prior to 2765.
Whether or not the other regiments initially had other designation is unknown. Only two regiments survived the Fourth Succession War  although it is also stated that there were originally five regiments, not seven.
Fourth Succession War
Prior to the Fourth Succession War the Confederation Reserve Cavalry regiments were broken up into battalion sized commands and used to reinforce strategic targets. During the Federated Suns invasion of the Confederation, these battalion sized commands were frequently surrounded by large number of AFFS troops and forced to surrender or they were destroyed. Several of these commands engaged the invaders in a guerrilla war before they were destroyed however. The few commands that escaped were dramatically understrength and when later used to counterattack the Federated Suns, they again had little choice but to surrender or fight to the death.
In the reorganization after the Fourth Succession War the Reserve Cavalry became mobile forces stationed in one commonality and rotated between planets. Even then they occasionally transferred from one commonality to another.
Rebuilt from the ashes and fielding five regiments the units had the opportunity to developed strategies and could familiarize themselves with the planets they defended. The exchange of information and experiences have improved the skills of the units too. They field a other indirect role also, because the commands receive their orders from the Strategios and not the local jiang-jun.
In the recent conflict with the former St. Ives they proved their worth in face of enemies with equal skills.
During the Jihad the reserve forces took a significantly larger role in aggressive action and uniformly brought honor to the regimental colors although the Second was destroyed. The surviving Confederation Reserve Cavalry units then took up garrison stations across the Confederation. Described as having given solid, if unspectacular, service during the Jihad, the Reserve Cavalry had effectively acted as a second-line formation, working in support of commands such as the Capellan Hussars.
The Confederation Reserve Cavalry fought off many of the AFFS best commands during Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE and the battles of the Jihad. After the Treaty of Tikonov and the creation of the Republic of the Sphere the Confederation Reserve Cavalry units were transferred to the Confederation/Republic border.
|Commanding Officers of the Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Jiang jun||Siona Aterade-Liao|||
Jiang jun Siona Aterade-Liao was an experienced field commander from the CRC. Her husband Syn Wit Liao provided her with large political influence too. The second in command and responsible for the home guard regarded this combination of factors as bad influence to his career.
The units field many older, upgraded designs piloted by a mix of new recruits and experienced officers. The regiments are supported by at least 6 companies of tanks, but have fewer infantry as common. The aerospace fighters provide minimal security in the field because of their few numbers. Augmented Lances are not unusual in and provide the CO with some flexibility.
Units of the Confederation Cavalry Reserve
- 1st Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry 
- 3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry 
- 4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry 
- 5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry 
- 6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 7th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 8th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 9th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 10th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 1!th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
Colors and Unit Insignia
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 11
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 16
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 93, "Hurloc's Hussars" - History
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 69, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, pp. 16, 22, 34
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 34
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, pp. 92, 99
- Field Manual: Update, p. 22, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 11, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 100, "The Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 28
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 69-74, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry "
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 28
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 39
- Field Report: CCAF page 11