Enlightened Path (Individual Carrack-class WarShip)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the Carrack-class WarShip. For the Volga-class WarShip, see Enlightened Path (Volga).
As at November 3067 the Carrack-class transport Enlightened Path was a WarShip within the Clan Nova Cat touman and as such was serving the Second Star League as the SLS Enlightened Path. The Enlightened Path was deployed with the Nova Cat merchant fleet.
While the Enlightened Path is not noted as having survived the Jihad, it was clarified by one of the Line Developers that the Clan Nova Cat merchant caste ships, as non-combatant ships, should not have been listed in the first place, and that some at least survived.
|“|| It is not a WarShip per say, so it is not included in the rolls of offensive weapons. Same with the Clan Merchant Carracks, they were removed because they should never had been included in the first place. But Clan Nova Cat does have some merchant Carracks left, even if they have no proper WarShips.
With regards, Øystein
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Line Developer, 13 Jan 2012|
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 133, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 16, "Fleet Assets"