- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
As at November 3067 the Carrack-class transport Guiding Vision was a WarShip within the Clan Nova Cat touman and as such was serving the Second Star League as the SLS Guiding Vision. The Guiding Vision was deployed with the Nova Cat merchant fleet.
While the Guiding Vision is not noted as having survived the Jihad, it was clarified by one of the Line Developers that the Clan Nova Cat merchant caste ships, as non-combatant ships, should not have been listed in the first place, and that some at least survived.
|“|| It is not a WarShip per say, so it is not included in the rolls of offensive weapons. Same with the Clan Merchant Carracks, they were removed because they should never had been included in the first place. But Clan Nova Cat does have some merchant Carracks left, even if they have no proper WarShips.
With regards, Øystein
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Line Developer, 13 Jan 2012|
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 133, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 16, "Fleet Assets"