|Manufacturer||CJF Factory Zone 4|
|Chassis||Olivetti Stage 9|
|Armor||Raydient Series 5|
The Jupiter was designed by Clan Jade Falcon to compliment their premier assault 'Mech, the Turkina, during the Jihad. Although not as versatile as the Turkina, it was developed from the most commonly parts available at the time, giving the Jupiter a rugged and easily-repaired design that many other designs cannot match. Due to its durability, Jupiters have been spotted in many mercenary and House armies throughout the post-Jihad Inner Sphere.
The Jupiter is a massive BattleMech that can only reach 54 km/h at best speed, thanks to its XL Engine. Nineteen and a half tons of armor provide protection that can be matched by few other 'Mechs.
The Jupiter is armed for long range combat. The 'Mech mounts a pair of Type XX ER PPCs and two Series IV LRM-15 launchers, giving it excellent long range capabilities. These are backed up by four Type DL Ultra AC/5s which allow the 'Mech to put a large volume of fire downrange. Additionally, the ER PPCs allow the 'Mech to stay in combat when its ammunition-dependent weapons have been silenced due to a lack of ammunition in prolonged engagements.
- Jupiter 2 - The Jupiter 2 is a more maneuverable variant of the Jupiter. The 'Mech removes the Ultra AC/5s and replaces them with a pair of Ultra AC/10s. The LRM-15s have been upgraded with Artemis IV for increase accuracy. Finally, to increase its maneuverability, the Jupiter 2 has had jump jets added that allow it to jump up to ninety meters. BV (1.0) = 2,915 BV (2.0) = 3,278
- Some models are equipped with a 400 XL power plant and two Pattern J4 Streak SRM-4s at the expense of the autocannons for a faster speed of 65 km/h.
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 149
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 148
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 148-149