Light Naval Gauss
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Read more →
|Light Naval Gauss Rifle|
|Type||Capital Ballistic (Direct Fire)|
|Damage|| 15 (Capital) |
|Ammo Per Ton||5|
|Cost (unloaded)||20.3 Million|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||45,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 3,024 |
The Light Naval Gauss Rifle, or Light N-Gauss, is the lightest Naval Gauss Rifle in use by WarShips. It fires a large ferrous slug at a WarShip, JumpShip, or DropShip. The largest drawback to the Light N-Gauss, like all Naval Gauss Rifles, is the sheer cost of the weapon. For the cost of a Light Naval Gauss Rifle, a WarShip can mount several smaller Naval Autocannon. One key benefit to the Light N-Gauss, and all Naval Gauss Rifles, is the extremely low heat they generate when compared to other Capital Weapons.
- Tactical Operations, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 408, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Inner Sphere Capital Scale Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 333, "Naval Gauss (Capital Gauss)"