- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
Equipped as a specialized command ship, the SLS McKenna's Pride led the SLDF Commanding General's squadron, one of three line squadrons within the SLDF First Fleet during the Star League era, and was the only one of the six such specialized vessels to survive the Amaris Civil War. It was the flagship of Aleksandr Kerensky, and the lead ship in Operation EXODUS.
The McKenna's Pride was present at Kerensky's final assault on Terra. After the Amaris Civil War ended, medics aboard the McKenna's Pride treated Jerome Blake. Aleksandr Kerensky met Blake at this time and they became friendly. The ship also housed the remains of Stefan Amaris before his body was donated to a medical school.
Following the founding of the Clans, the vessel was kept in orbit around Strana Mechty and maintained by all of the Clans, serving as Aleksandr Kerensky's tomb. Every year it would do a flyby of Strana Mechty's capital city on Founding Day (August 24).
In late 2823, during the Trial of Annihilation against Clan Wolverine, saKhan Franklin Hallis commandeered the McKenna's Pride and performed an orbital bombardment on opposing Clan forces, freeing trapped Wolverine forces from their enclave. He then proceeded to bombard the Clan halls of Widowmaker, Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear, Snow Raven, and Jade Falcon, as well as the Grand Council hall itself. After the Wolverine forces were safely offworld, Hallis abandoned the McKenna's Pride and returned to the SLS Michigan.
It was reactivated in 3075 during the Wars of Reaving, partaking in a multi-Clan action to annihilate Clan Steel Viper at the head of the fleet attacking New Kent in December. On 22 December its batteries opened up on the city of New Kent City from orbit, eradicating the last Clan Steel Viper holding and concluding that Clan's annihilation.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 46, "First Fleet"
- ComStar, p. 8
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 23, 59
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 8
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 67
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 24
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 109, 115
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 50
- Betrayal of Ideals, "Book II: Treachery's Stage"
- Betrayal of Ideals, "Book III: The Switchback Directive"