|Also known as||"Stormin" Searcy|
|Died||22 August 3062 (officially)|
Michael Searcy was a Federated Commonwealth soldier before becoming a Solaris VII MechWarrior. He gained fame as a Federated Suns affiliated champion, utilizing his great media savvy and excellent fighting skills to enhance his image.
Searcy was a former Leftenant and Mechwarrior from the FedCom's 1st Kestrel Grenadiers, who washed out of the AFFC on New Canton after the Free Worlds League's invasion of 3058. He was charged with cowardice, and a court-martial found him guilty for his actions being discharged from service because of other-than honorable actions. In 3059 he desperately left for the gaming world of Solaris VII. There he felt he could start over again and become a Solaris Champion.
Career on Solaris VII
Michael fought his way to be one of the top gladiators on Solaris VII making a name from himself in the process.
On August 15th, 3062 he was to fight for to the title of Grand Champion. However, the fight against his opponent Victor Vandergriff turned into open warfare within Solaris City when the city's respective faction-divided stables began fighting one another. The Black Star Stable became the de facto leader of the battle against the Loyalist/Katrina Steiner-Davion stables.
The rioting started when the safety systems of the Steiner Coliseum failed, allowing Searcy and Vandergriff's 'Mechs to fall into the stands. The fighting continued and eventually broke free of the stadium and into the streets.
His friend Karl Edwards help Searcy to realized he was being used by his manager, Drew Hasek-Davion. On his advice, he drew the feuding factions together in an attempt to put an end to the constant riots.
Finally, on August 22nd, Searcy and Vandergriff finished their duel. It ended in a draw, with the apparent death of Michael Searcy. Both Vandergriff and Searcy were thought to have died in the conflict, but in truth Searcy had survived, being content that this apparent death had ended the Solaris conflict, and leaving Solaris VII under a new identity.
Michael Searcy piloted several 'Mechs during the 3062 Championship.
- He started with a Dragon Fire that was modified several times along the tournament.
- In the first round he modified it for his fight against Jarman Bauer changing the Gauss Rifle for a Light Gauss Rifle ripping out the ECM package so he could upgrade the Autocannon to the twelve-centimeter bore of a Defiance Disintegrator.
- For his fight with Yoki Susuma he modified the Dragon Fire a bit more swapping some of his lasers to install a Large Pulse Laser.
- Against Kelley Metz and later Victor Vandergriff, he used a 3Z model Pillager until his death.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 228 PLG-3Z Pillager
- Illusions of Victory, p. 6 Prelude
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 21
- Illusions of Victory, pp.225-252 - Last battle of Michael Searcy & Victor Vandergiff.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), pp. 21, 41
- Illusions of Victory, p. 23 Chapter 4
- Illusions of Victory, p. 99 Chapter 21
- Illusions of Victory, p. 10 Chapter 1
- Illusions of Victory, p. 21 Chapter 4
- Illusions of Victory, p. 31 Chapter 6