- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|President of the Rim Worlds Republic|
|Parents||Gregory Amaris (father)|
Puppet of the Wbika Junta
Son of First Consul Gregory Amaris, Richard was among the few members of the Amaris family to survive the 11th August 2599 coup by Admiral Hakim Wbika following the conclusion of the Reunification War. Although he expected to be killed, instead Richard was selected as the figurehead of Wbika's junta as a means of ensuring a peaceful transition, styled as President rather than his father's title of First Consul. Despite having fought for decades to restore his father to power, the Star League chose to view Gregory's removal as an internal matter, leaving Wbika and his junta to remain the new government of the Republic.   
While the Junta were safe from external attack, Richard had no intention of remaining a puppet of the Wbika and his "hand-picked staff". Though Amaris would dutifully carry out Wbika's "advice" at first, he was merely buying the time to study the weaknesses of the junta members and establish ties and support both in and outside the Rim worlds to launch a counter-coup. Focusing on Wbika's chief aide General Samuel Macao, highly capable but also petty and unable to control his often violent temper, Richard slowly engineered obstructions and miscommunication among the members of the junta that ultimately triggered Macao to angrily and aggressively turn on Wbika in 2604. With Macao's ranting at Wbika the signal to the guards loyal to Richard Amaris to purge the palace of junta members, Richard himself would shoot Wbika and his aide, returning the Republic to the control of House Amaris. Richard would later write in his memoirs that the most exquisite moment of his life was when he heard Macaco himself unwittingly giving the signal for the coup and his execution.
Death and Legacy
Titles and Positions
(as First Consul)
|President of the Rim Worlds Republic
2599 - 2619
| Succeeded by|
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 60-61 "Personalities - Rim Worlds Republic - Gregory Amaris"
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 163-164 "Aftermath - Rim Worlds"
- The Periphery, pp. 45-46 "History - Territorial Status - Palace Coup"
- The Periphery, p. 47 "History - Territorial Status - Amaris Politics"