- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
(References to Shensi)
Shensi neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Kung Pow)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
|Ruler|| Millano Rivkin (Governor)|
Marjori Tarr (Planetary Legate)
- 1 Planetary Description
- 2 Planetary History
- 3 Planetary Garrison
- 4 Owner History
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 Note
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
Shensi is a Earth-like world, which is most notable for its extensive forestry and mineral reserves. It has three continents (Klondike, Mongot and Kungara), which are extensively forested.
- Klondike - Largest of the planet's continents, extending from the equator into the far north. It has a wide range of temperatures, and it is home to the planet's capital.
- Whitehorse - Planetary Capital of Shensi, located in center of the continent of Klondike.
- Kungara - The planet's agricultural center, where its wide spread of plains has enough open land to support the planet's population.
- Mogot - Cold and Mountainous regions of the planet. Here in these reaches, is found the planet's most accessible mineral wealth.
Shensi was colonized during Terra's Exodus, where people from northern Chinese, Siberian Russia, and people from Northwest North America settled the world due to large swaths of forests. The settlers took pains when they arrived to avoid damaging the forests of the planet when they started to build their settlements. The Russian settlers were drawn to the planet's colder climates and settled in the mountainous areas of the continent of Mogot. There they began to mine the mountains for their rich resources of titanium, uranium and iron.
The planetary capital was established on the temperate continent of Klondike, in the city of Whitehorse.
Under the administration of the Capellan Confederation
When the Capellan Confederation formed, the planet was annexed. It was brought into the Confederation as a means to add its agricultural and mineral strengths to the newly-formed nation. Over the course of time, the planet was seen as very valuable, and the CCAF placed a number of strategic supplies in a series of caches.
Third Succession War
Shensi was one of a number of worlds to be hit by elements of an elite Free Worlds League Miliary strike force codenamed "Red Rover" between 2901 and 2910. Red Rover contained units from both the Defenders of Andurien and the Orloff Grenadiers and launched a series of raids targetting key Capellan Confederation Armed Forces supply depots, although the strong reserve forces established by Chancellor Otto Liao stopped the FWLM forces from remaining on any of the Capellan worlds.
Fourth Succession War and FedCom
In 3028 the First Davion Guards RCT landed on Shensi as part of the first wave of the Fourth Succession War. Only defended by a poorly-armed Home Guard Militia, the Militia commander employed desperate tactics to try and overturn the elite House Davion troops. The Guards overwhelmed the militia force, leaving a detachment of Armor and infantry battalions to garrison the planet.
Operation Guerrero and return to Liao rule
In 3057, the Confederation and Free Worlds League conducted joint invasion of the Sarna March of the Federated Commonwealth. Shensi was one of the first worlds to be recovered from Davion rule and placed in the Liao Commonality. Once in Confederation hands, the natives revealed they had kept the secret of the CCAF's supply caches intact, however one had been discovered by pirates during FedCom rule.
Jihad & Republic Era
The Word of Blake gambit to take over the central worlds of the Inner Sphere. Shensi was spared the onslaught of the fighting and remained firmly in Liao hands. In early February 3079 Melissa Allard-Liao gave a speech to a crowd of several thousand on behalf of the Renascent Hegemony political movement. The speech took place in the People's Garden Amphitheatre in the capital of Whitehorse and argued in favour of supporting the creation of a new Terran Hegemony from the remains of the Word of Blake Protectorate. Melissa's speech was one of twenty given in short order across former Word of Blake Protectorate worlds - eight of which were former Capellan Confederation worlds - and prompted an angry response from Capellan nationalists.
HPG Blackout & Independence
In August 3132, Shensi and the rest of the Inner Sphere lost communication with rest of HPG grid. Plunged into a communication blackout, the planetary government stayed strong. By 3134, House Liao made gambit to again retake worlds lost to Republic of the Sphere. In November, Shensi was attacked by Aerospace fighters, the raid damaging significant power grid locations and other important locations on planet. At the time, the government was neutral, but was friendly to House Liao. However, the attack prompted the government to sign a treaty with the pro-Davion military splinter group, SwordSworn in mututal defense pact to defend again Liao Incursion.
After the Exarch Levin's announcement of end of the Republic of the Sphere, Shensi became an independant world despite the Liao's incusion as of 3135.
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3062 - Chaos March 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|St. Andre||20.47||Hunan||21.33||Gan Singh||24.55||Ningpo||25.84||Manennaia||28.65|
|Snailzar||42.10||Bhaktapur||42.85||Liao||42.96||Second Try||43.13||New Athens||43.85|
Planet's moon possibly missed name. In the Fortress of Lies novel, which feature the world. Planet's moon was named Kung Pao. Wizkids' planet profile includes name of the moon, but spells it Kung Pow.</ref>
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 112, "Shensi World Profile"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 39, "The Great Compromiser"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 22, "Shensi" - 1st Davion Guards take Shensi with ease and leaves mixed detachment of troops to defend it.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 65, "St. Ives Compact" - Capellan Confederation starmaps - Shensi shown as being now part of the Confederation as of 3061.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, pp. 19, 65, 87, "Maps of the Inner Sphere from 3068 to 3075 show the planet remaining part of House Liao during early days of the Jihad".
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 11, "Melissa Allard-Liao, "Rising Power""
- Fortress of Lies, pp. 169-173, "Erik Sandoval-Groel convinces Legate and Governor of Shensi in mists of a Liao raid that be mutually good thing sign with treaty with his Swordsworn against Liao".
- Republic Territories map as of 3135, with Shensi shown unoccupied by any power.
- 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Shattered Sphere, p. 101, "Chaos March Free Rasalhague Republic"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Fortress of Lies, p. 178 - Swordsworn dropship recieves a distress signal from Liao fighter from Shensi's moon, Kung Pao.
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Fortress of Lies (novel)
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Shattered Sphere