St. Ives Mercantile League
|St. Ives Mercantile League|
|Capital world:||St. Ives|
|Controlled system(s):||23 (as of 2367)|
Founded on St. Ives in 2245, the St. Ives Mercantile League - sometimes referred to as the St. Ives Mercantile Association - was one of a number of independent states to form in the region of space known as the Capellan Zone prior to the birth of the Capellan Confederation. The capital world of St. Ives was settled in 2197 by refugees fleeing from the Republican China occupation of the Hong Kong Free State, and while St. Ives would remain an independent planet for some time, it was almost fifty years before the Mercantile League coalesced around St. Ives.
In 2273, the Mercantile League found itself under attack from the Capellan Hegemony, which was flush from its recent successful occupation of the Ingersoll Concordium; the League managed to resist being annexed, but lost several worlds to the Hegemony in the process. The League remained an independent nation until 2367, when it elected to join the formation of the Capellan Confederation.
Units known to have formed a part of the armed forces of the St. Ives Mercantile League included:
The St. Ives Mercantile League also maintained a navy. It contributed ships to the Capellan Confederation's nascent fleet during the battle in the Capellan system as the Federated Suns occupied Capella Prime.
|St. Ives Mercantile League
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 12: "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13: "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Foundation " (map)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 10: "The Other Shoe"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 9: "Liao And Its Neighbors"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25: "Capellan Confederation after Age of War " (map)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 77: "Red Lancers"
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 7: "Capellan Hussars"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 16