Thomas Marik (Real)
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
Thomas Marik was the seventh son of Janos Marik from his first wife, Hilda Lauber. Captain-General of the Free Worlds League from 3036 until it hopelessly fractured during the 3070s. A former ComStar acolyte, Thomas was rescued from Duncan Marik's bomb attack by ComStar; he apparently "returned" in 3036 to claim the Captain-Generalcy. He led the Free Worlds League to greater unity, economic prosperity, and centralization than it had ever experienced, and in 3057 recovered worlds lost by Janos Marik some twenty-five years prior. However, Federated Commonwealth agents secretly proved that the reigning "Thomas Marik" is actually a double (one in a series of body-double plot twists in the BattleTech universe). Novels have subsequently revealed that he is controlled by, or allied to, the Word of Blake. He finally attempted to break his dependency on the Blakists, only to be deposed by Thomas' brother, Paul.
- Pardoe, Blaine Lee, Principles of Desolation
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070