|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||StarSlab 511 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T-12A, Garret/Guardian Interface Model 2B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret O2j|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
The War Dog is a 'Mech that was originally designed by the Star League for use by the SLDF and was thought to be lost to time. Plans for the War Dog were rediscovered by Snord's Irregulars and were turned over to the Blackwell Corporation. The War Dog has since become a powerful and respected force on the modern battlefield. A Vlar 300 XL engine propels the 'Mech to a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The 'Mech is also built using double heat sink technology. This was done to dissipate the massive amount of heat from the War Dog's advanced weaponry. For protection from advanced enemy electronics, the War Dog carries a Guardian Interface Model 2B ECM Suite. Finally, the 'Mech bears twelve tons of ferro-fibrous armor for conventional protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The War Dog carries the long ranged and capable Grizzard Gauss rifle as its primary weapon. It is backed up at medium to long ranges by a highly accurate Blankenburg Large Pulse Laser. For close combat situations, the 'Mech is armed with two Martell Medium Pulse Lasers, a Martell Small Pulse Laser, and two Holly Streak SRM-2 One Shot Packs Streak SRM-2 launchers. For added defense against missile attacks, the 'Mech carries a Burow anti-missile system.
- Solaris variants
- There are almost as many variants as there are War Dogs fighting in the arenas of Solaris VII.
- The only official Blackwell variant, the 03FC of the War Dog modifies the 'Mech to carry a more devastating close to intermediate range arsenal. The primary long range weapon is an ER PPC. As the 'Mech closes it brings its devastatingly powerful Heavy Gauss Rifle to bear on an enemy. Finally, for close ranges, the 'Mech's weapons loadout is augmented with three ER Medium Lasers and two Medium Pulse Lasers. The 03FC model also carries a C3 slave unit to share targeting data with allied units. BV (1.0) = 1,522 BV (2.0) = 1,962
- Developed by Clan Coyote as a dueling machine, scientists used an Endo Steel chassis as a base. It also carries an XL engine and sixteen double heat sinks. Four jump jets allowed it to jump one hundred twenty meters at a time. The right arm carried an LB 10-X and the left arm carried a pair of Large Pulse Lasers. The right and left torsos had a Streak SRM-2 to capitalize on the damage inflicted by the heavier weapons. The right torso had an anti-missile system, while an ER small laser was mounted in the opposite torso. The AMS and Streaks each had one ton of ammunition and the LB 10-X had three tons of ammo. BV (2.0) = 2,299
- Author Blaine Lee Pardoe stated in a blog entry that, according to his memory which he admitted could be wrong, the War Dog was among the BattleMechs which he designed and for which he wrote the original background as initially published in TRO:3055. He added that it remains one of his favorite designs among those that he had created from scratch.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was altered to Kampfhund, which rather means Attack Dog. The model code was accordingly changed to KP-HD-02FC.
WR-DG-02FC War Dog from TRO:3055
War Dog from TRO:3055 Upgrade
WR-Dg-02FC War Dog in combat from CCG
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 170–171: "WR-DG-02FC War Dog"
- MUL online date for the War Dog
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 105
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 106
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 35
- BattleMech Manual, p. 95 - Design Quirk Table - War Dog Entry.
- BattleMech Manual Errata (Version 6.01), p. 9