How were crowns first introduced into the outer space neo-feudal sphere?

Pages: 1
temngeids
10/04/22 04:09 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm referring to the actual physical objects of crowns. So Prince Charles has now become King Charles III, and he's going to be crowned with St. Edward's crown, his coronation ceremony.

And so I'm inspired by this to ask this question, how were crowns first introduced to the new royal dynasties of the outer space states?
ghostrider
10/04/22 11:30 AM

To my limited knowledge, I believe some of them came with the people looking for a new world.
Such as 'noble' families supporting colonies being formed, and having their children administer those colonies. So being a prince or even something like a Duke would have royal lines to make a claim to a crown.

Others, like the house lords, would have come with the founding people of those political entities. Such as the Lyran Commonwealth. All three of the regions would have had their leaders already embedded into using the crown symbols, though not really sure if they actually wore those crowns.

As for say the Draconis Combine, I don't think they really used a crown as a symbol of leadership. So they don't seem to apply to the standard.

For some, a person seized power and crowned themselves. Bandit kings are the main ones to have done this.

As new leaders rise, it would be a good bet that they are handed 'crowns' to show they are in charge of a region, even if it is just a part of a planet. I would guess this also depends on the person in charge. Some would think a crown to major to use, while others would be egotistical and demand they have one.

Each one would have some odd thing that happened to promote the use of a crown. Even the original founder may not have had a crown, but someone in their line decided to start using one.
Karagin
10/04/22 06:33 PM

The best place to get this info would be the original House Sourcebooks.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
temngeids
10/04/22 07:06 PM

Quote:

because the House histories are just their dynastic generations building up over time, and don't mention anything interesting like the introduction of crowns
Karagin
10/05/22 01:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:

because the House histories are just their dynastic generations building up over time, and don't mention anything interesting like the introduction of crowns

Actually, it goes into the details of when and where they were crowned, which comes from reading the books, not the shortened entries here on the Wiki. It will also tell you why certain families became the ruling families.
Karagin

temngeids
10/05/22 08:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, it goes into the details of when and where they were crowned, which comes from reading the books, not the shortened entries here on the Wiki. It will also tell you why certain families became the ruling families.

Yeah that's true, though their power still built up over time, and I can't find any mention of when crowns were first introduced.

For example, Jean-Bédel Bokassa actually tried starting a european imperial system anew in 1976

Plus, the Battletech space royals aren't ceremonial, but the ones holding all the power and authority.
Karagin
10/05/22 10:00 AM

Also, go look back in the Star League book; McKenna brings back the whole nobility with rank/titles and the pomp; from there it morphs over time back into what we know.
Karagin

temngeids
10/05/22 05:18 PM

Quote:
Also, go look back in the Star League book; McKenna brings back the whole nobility with rank/titles and the pomp; from there it morphs over time back into what we know.

oh I see, so I found a copy of the book online and am looking through it, though sorry so far I can't find anything about pompous nobility with McKenna
Karagin
10/05/22 09:48 PM

Really? I said he brought back the idea of nobility; it morphed back into the pompous part over time. Are you sure you read the parts about certain Cameron family members?
Karagin

Karagin
10/05/22 09:49 PM

Also, I am referring to the original Star League sourcebook, not the Handbook or other newer stuff. The one with the Atlas on the cover is seen throw the Throne room window.
Karagin

temngeids
10/06/22 01:37 AM

Quote:
Also, I am referring to the original Star League sourcebook, not the Handbook or other newer stuff. The one with the Atlas on the cover is seen throw the Throne room window.

yeah I think its this one: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/The_Star_League
temngeids
10/06/22 02:03 AM

Quote:
Really? I said he brought back the idea of nobility; it morphed back into the pompous part over time. Are you sure you read the parts about certain Cameron family members?

hmm, I found a section called "The New Nobility" under "Rise of the Camerons", where its said that a form of nobility was resurrected by Michael Cameron
Karagin
10/06/22 08:11 PM

Keep reading, and you will find that many of this new nobility was just a pompous ad asinine as the old.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6207

Contact Admins Sarna.net