Reportage from Origins: MW:DA Seminar

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Chas
07/11/02 07:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The only elitism is from you

Really?

Yet you hack on munchkins.

You hack on people who came into CBT through the MW computer games.

You hack on people who came into CBT through the cartoon.

If that doesn't smack of elitism, I don't know what does.

And if my disagreeing with you, and correction of your misconceptions, as well as calling you out for your blatant greed is elitism, SO BE IT.

IT is folks like you and them and your current fanaticism over how great MWDA is that is driving folks away.

Again. Another uninformed ASSUMPTION.

Where did I say I thought MW:DA was great? PLEASE do me a favor and KNOW what you're talking about. Stop making accusations and assumptions based on your own personal perceptions in lieu of fact.

Someone disagrees with you so you treat them like crap and ridicule them.

I have ZERO problems with people who disagree with me. Everyone's entitled to their own WRONG opinions.

Note: For the humor impaired, the last sentence was intended to be a joke. Laugh. It's funny.

Seriously. If you disagree with me, cool. Just stop making unfounded accusations, and jumping to conclusions based on emotional whims rather than fact.

If you actually wanted the issues to end then you and others would stop with insults and other crap.

The problem is, no matter what I, or anyone else (including the people at WizKids) say, the issues wouldn't end.

You and Durango, and others would simply continue with "It sucks because I can't play it for free", ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 07:38 PM

So nice of you to have the presumption to speak for everyone.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 07:39 PM

The problem is, if MW:DA is little more than an adjunct of CBT, it will NOT grow. Nor will CBT.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Warner_Doles
07/11/02 07:39 PM

how about you, Warner, talk to Jordon about a rule set that allows in the metal miniatures from BT to MWDA,

No. Because I like how they have it now. You don't? Fine don't play the game. Why don't you ask him yourself.

Chas
07/11/02 07:40 PM

I have no plans on buy ANYTHING that has the MWDA tag line on it.

Great. That's your choice. And I support it.

And if I want to support an effort to get the BT miniatures allowed into I will and if I want to talk about that I will.

Great! That's your choice and I support it. Just don't be surprised when I exercise my own choice. And don't be shocked when I call you on your greed and elitism.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 07:43 PM

I really like how you can break the rules around here

That's just it. I haven't broken the rules.

Where have I been profane?

Where have I attacked you?

I've been quite civil (see attacks).

And since this is the general board....

Again. Assumptions. Thanks for playing.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 07:44 PM

How about you stop making acussation and other comments and character assinations on the folks who happen not to like the game for what ever reason.

If you and your buddies would do that then it would take a lot steam out arguements, but no you would rather baiting and gloat and attack the reason and discuss.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
07/11/02 07:47 PM

Every one of your post to Durango and me have been flammatory and demeaning. Thus breaking rule number two.

And you have broken rule number 3 at the same as you were breaking number 2.

And seeing how YOU keep claiming MWDA is NOT Battletech rehashed, then should not this be in the OFF TOPIC board since it's NOT about BT?

So you have broken rule number 4.

Care to go on?
Karagin

Warner_Doles
07/11/02 07:54 PM

Karagin..

You crossed the line. But I forgot it is ok for you and your friends to freely attack my character with impunity here on this message board.

Well I guess you have just shown your true colors. You are a Liar.

Have you looked into the mirror?

Have a nice day.

Warner_Doles
07/11/02 07:56 PM

Excuse me? WTF did you just do two posts up? Camille has a saying for this, Pot, Kettle, Black.

Karagin
07/11/02 07:57 PM

The point is the mechs are rarer then the ICE Mechs...and we are to believe that given how things are currently in the universe, but these same points have been made and counter and recounter etc...and the out come is the same you have your view of the matter and others have theirs let's leave it at.

As for the tie in factor...I am not attacking anyone, okay other then munchkins cause they are just so fun to pick on when the uber toy fails... , what I am saying is the cross marketing doesn't always work. Hence the first story about computer player. The second story was to show that a simple question based off of a supposely acurate show, had NO bareing in the game and it that requards the idea failed as well.

So my stance is in the middle, while it's great to see the folks showing an interests in the board game/miniatures game, it's another matter to convince them to play it.

Here let me try this story on you...my late father loved to read the Shadowrun novels. He was entralled with that storyline, so for his brithday back in 1999, I go out and get one of the source books thinking he liked the novels he should like this. Turns out he hated the whole RPG end of Shadowrun. So while he would buy the novels he would not waste a dime on game material. Again another cross market failure.

True test of cross marketing something is how many of the new players are around still play BOTH versions of the game, in this case the computer game and BT in six months.

Now do you see my point or not?
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 07:59 PM

And you and the other's haven't crossed the same line?

Come on...the only line here is how personally anyone is taking all of this and it's clear that no one is willing to listen to any one about either side of this.
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:02 PM

Then don't be surprised when I call you on your hipocritism.
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:03 PM

Not me...that would be your ball park.
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:04 PM

Okay first chance I get...
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:05 PM

THANK YOU!

Finially the truth comes out!
Karagin

Warner_Doles
07/11/02 08:06 PM

No Karagin I have not attacked anyone on a personal level called them names or acted in the manner as you just did here. I have made my position perfectly clear. So what I get from you is that you have been feeding me nothing but lies. 'Crap on me once, shame on me. Crap on me twice shame on you.' I believe you've show me all I need to know. Thank you for being a Fuddy Bucker.

Karagin
07/11/02 08:18 PM

Excuse me? You got mad when a few of the fans said you were being parinoided over things, and then you went nuts over comments made by Cadet and myself over how upset the fans were about things.

And you lashed out. Warner, no one is out to get you or the company. I fail to see why you and the others are so upset and uptight over folks venting about how they don't the new game for what ever reason.

As you and others have said it's only a game...so why all the bitterness over things said on the internet?

What I don't understand is how it's okay for a posting anywhere be it here or any board that prasise the new game to glazed over and revered, but one that is posted raising someone's concerns and such about the new game and why they feel A or B is bad and why C is better is met with the kind crap we have seen here?

IF all are allowed to speak on it then the good and the bad will be there, thus all of that makes for a better end product.

But I feel all of that is forgotten when you read a line of text and can't see person. What could verbally come over as funny sounds like a slam on the net and what is a slam on the net could be funnier then hell in real life.

But hey read things how you want...
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:22 PM

How did you get what you did from this:

In reply to:

Chas wrote: The problem is, if MW:DA is little more than an adjunct of CBT, it will NOT grow. Nor will CBT.

To me, he is saying that if MWDA don't sell, then kiss BT good buy. Thus for us to have BT around then MWDA has to sell and make a profit other wise some thing is cut...that's what I am getting from that...

You lost me with your comparision...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:23 PM

What character assasination?

I've stated my beliefs about you. Nothing more.

There IS a difference you know.

Please don't expect me to blow sunshine up your nether regions simply to make you happy.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:25 PM

You are getting funnier and funnier...if I have to explain to you what you are doing then well I am sure you can figure it out...
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:27 PM

No Boy Wonder not for free, as part of the OFFICAL rules thus if we want to find out HOW to convert the current miniatures into MWDA we have to buy the starter set...

Talk about assumptions being made...geesh...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:30 PM

Every one of your post to Durango and me have been flammatory and demeaning. Thus breaking rule number two.

Correction, you are of the OPINION that it's demeaning and inflammatory. However, wrongdoing lies in the INTENT. It's not my intent to flame you guys. I'm being BLUNT, not inflammatory. Thus, no violation of rule 2.

I'm not going to mix words with you, because that just gives rise to still more paranoid conclusions and accusations of patronization..

I have no control over what YOU believe is inflammatory.

And General is for all BattleTech-RELATED topics. Not JUST BattleTech itself.

And, since there are aspects of discussion of CBT in this thread as well, it's also not a violation of rule 4.

Nice try.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 08:32 PM

Then don't be surprised when I call you on your hipocritism.

The term is hypocrisy. And again, I have no control over what you believe. No matter how farfetched.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:32 PM

Sorry I am not part of the parinoid group that you and the others feel are out to get and ruin the game...

But seeing how you are doing nothing but breaking the rules and such, I guess it's time to let you wallow in your glory and supposed postion of control.

Have fun and turn the light out when you are done.
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:33 PM

Do tell...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:34 PM

Hmm.

Missed the clue again.

If MW:DA were an adjunct of CBT, neither would grow.

Luckly, MW:DA isn't an adjunct of CBT. Related, yes. Dependent on? No.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:34 PM

And on that note time will tell...
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:35 PM

If you say so...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:36 PM

As was stated at the seminar. All the factions and technology we know and love are still there in MW:DA. It's just, at the initial release of MW:DA they're focusing on a smaller section of the universe to give newbies a taste, without flooding them with information.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Extra information
2 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 56575

Contact Admins Sarna.net