Reportage from Origins: MW:DA Seminar

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
PeterSmith
07/11/02 11:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
"It allows the existing fan base of BT to play the new game WITHOUT having to buy all new pieces."

Why should we get free access to a new product just because it's set in the same universe?

"And this way the transition to the new timeline and such would be easier and smoother"

Aside from not having to buy the new minis, how would it help? Cite specific examples, please.

"plus it would stop a lot of the arguments that are on going over whether or not WK cares in any way about the current fan base of BT."

The simple fact that new material is being produced for Classic BattleTech should settle that issue.

"Would it not make sense to have a rule set that would allow for use of existing mech miniatures so as to allow those who only wish to use certain parts of the new timeline the ability to do so without having to buy all new miniatures"

It's called Classic BattleTech. The game system already exists. It's just a matter of either waiting for the material to be written, moving the storyline up, or taking the novels that are being written and adapting that for your own game.

Refresh my memory, but aren't you the one who likes to play the game your own way, in a setting that you like to? Anybody who plays like that should be more than capable of either figuring out the gaps, or just fill them in with whatever they wish.

"And finial it would go a long way to showing that WK is thre for the fans of BOTH games and not just favoring one game."

Umm...

They're focusing on one game. MW:DA. It's their new game. FanPro, on the other hand, is focusing on Classic BattleTech. Both groups are talking to each other, both are establishing the backstory for MW:DA (or, from Classic BattleTech's perspective, the future story).

"Now since I am sure you will have a counter arguement, please tell us why it SHOULDN'T be a rule set to use the current metal miniatures in MWDA"

Hey, I have no objection to anybody playing the game the way they want to. It's their time, and as long as they're not doing anything to hurt me, they can go nuts.

However, I don't see why WizKids should have to release the conversion in their base set.
Peter Smith
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
Karagin
07/12/02 12:31 AM

Okay good enough.

Yes I like playing the game as I want to. And yes I can come up with my own events to fill in the games...Let's Natasha got killed 2 years BEFORE Refusal War... yes it happen

The idea was a compromise, to try and find away to unruffel the ruffled feathers so to speak. Seems that it wasn't one that anyone wants to entertain at this time.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
07/12/02 12:35 AM

Again you missed the point...I was asking to look at things AS IF THEY HAD NOT RELEASED ANYTHING last year at GenCon and nothing other then the Logger mech was up on the website.

Then come THIS YEAR, they let us know GenCon is the release date and the week of GenCon they flood the web boards with hints and such...

Then my other question was would this have curtailed the firestorms that have been on going since last year....

Why is so hard for you read the above and give an answer with out the retrorect?

Just answer the questions.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Acolyte
07/12/02 02:24 AM

Nope, not Z-scale. Z-scale is the closest that model railway terain comes to BT. IIRC BT is 285:1.

My problem with the change of scale is that they made it bigger, making large battles even more cumbersome and crowded.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Bob_Richter
07/12/02 06:09 AM

I don't CARE about the fictional justifications for it, Chas.

My Spider is ruined, gone, destroyed. It will NEVER grace the battlefields under MW: DA.

And there isn't even a good (out of universe) reason for it.

This saddens me, just as similar (if less radical) things saddened the fans of the Atlas and Mad Cat.

No good can come of these modifications.

I must tell you, Chas, my hope and trust that MW: DA would prove the doubters wrong is increasingly shaken as I find out more about the game and its Universe.

From what I've seen so far, the text will probaly read "The producers of the Spider finally realised and admitted that it was ugly. In an effort to increase sales, they resculpted its exterior, leading eventually to an all-new design of the same name."

I seriously hope I am wrong, Chas, but I am afraid I am not. Wizkids has given me no reason NOT to fear that the Universe will be torn asunder with asinine remarks and ridiculous happenings, that my beloved 'Mechs will not ALL vanish, or that MW: DA will actually be worth playing.

But I do continue to hope.

Even if it is a desperate hope.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Chas
07/12/02 09:17 AM

If they had not said anything last year at GenCon, people would still be making wild assumptions about what they're doing with the BT IP.

And if they dropped it upon us full-grown, without any forewarning, people REALLY would not have been pleased. Mostly from lack of lead-in time.
---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/12/02 09:18 AM

Actually, having played the game, MW:DA is actually LESS cumbersome. Because combat is very straightforward and streamlined.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/12/02 09:31 AM

Okay. If you don't care about the fictional reason, accept the IRL ones.

They thought the Spider was ugly. They took this chance to re-do the profile of the mech. And in doing so, got to increase the amount of detail the mech displayed.

No good can come of these modifications.

Uhm. Okaaay. Why not?

I must tell you, Chas, my hope and trust that MW: DA would prove the doubters wrong is increasingly shaken as I find out more about the game and its Universe.

Well, I've quoted Mick Jagger before.

I seriously hope I am wrong, Chas, but I am afraid I am not. Wizkids has given me no reason NOT to fear that the Universe will be torn asunder with asinine remarks and ridiculous happenings

Actually, they've given you little to no reason to simply assume they would. Other than rampant paranoia due to the roughly 20+ month lag between the demise of FASA and the release of the first product by WK based in the BT universe. The same people who were working on CBT have been working with MW:DA to insure continuity and a sensible development of the universe. You trusted them when they were at FASA. Can't you at least give them the benefit of the doubt here as well? Maybe, just MAYBE, they might actually know what the heck they're doing.....

Are you going to like EVERYTHING they're going to do?

No.

Do a few superficial alterations mean the entire product is crap?

No.

Seriously, the amount of bad melodrama being extracted from the whole situation is, frankly, embarassing.

Maybe they should release the MW:DA product under the title "As the Mech Turns".
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Cheapbuzz
07/12/02 09:36 AM

Well said, except these choades keep bringing up the (MWDA) subject in Battletech forums. Which then allways seems to turn into a bitchfest.
Khan_Robinette
07/12/02 10:11 AM

"It's a separate game. Can you import you BT minis into WH40K?"

Yes it is a seperate game, I ws just commenting on the point that was made concerning Old Btech minis not being allowd because that would give the older.classic players a larger force. Not to start a war with you, although you do seem to try and start one with anyone who has even the slightest difference of opinion with you.
Some people may like to try a crossover incoporating both elements of the game. However you always just preach the black and white of the matter, not the gray.

And yes, CBT players feel its not fair that MWDA minis can be used in CBT but not the other way around. Personally I could not give a whit. However anytime I have stated my personal opinion, from my feelings that the new mechs look cheesy compared to the old metals you have seen fit to jump in and try and preach your sermon of I am Chas I am right.

Guess what, I ain't listening. WArner got further with me by taking the logical explanation course than your self rightous preservation of MWDA.

Fight on Mechwarriors, be it CBT or MWDA, its a free country, say what you want and PLAY what you want and if someone tells you that you are wrong, listen to their opinion (as I did and admitted to Warner, see my post if you can stop ranting long enough), and keep faith in your own beliefs, adn if that person keeps trying to shove them down your throat, smack the snot outta them.

There's the gas, now light the match Chas, I know you will as you cannot seem to fathom that I or Karagin or any of the others have a mind of our own and a right to our own opinion.
"Teach me and I'll teach you
If you need a hand I'll give you two
Respect me and I'll respect you
Disrespect me and I will destroy you"
Durango
07/12/02 01:25 PM

Please see my post in Off-Topic, re: Chas' abusive ad-hominem attacks.
MadWolf
07/12/02 02:25 PM

I suspect that is would be Less cumbersome, theres no moutains of papers that need to be kept track of.
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
MadWolf
07/12/02 02:30 PM

Well Said....

But the spider wasn't ALL that ugly, my opinion.

If you want a Ugly Mech
1) Urbanmech
2 ) JaggerMech
3) Trebuchet
4) Wyvren
5) Quickdraw

Dem' are faces only mothers would love. I'm not saying there bad mechs, Just Fugly.
Durango
07/12/02 02:34 PM

Zippy:

In reply to:

D>> "Nope, can't do that...Wizkids doesn't make money that way." That's what it's always been about, Jordan's MONEY.

Z>You are welcome to play with your own minis, with clicktech stats written and tracked on a piece of notebook paper.

Just don't expect Wizkids to help you come up with those stats for you.

You are complaining because they aren't paying their employees to waste valuable time coming up with ways for you to bypass their business model.

Yeah, but at least I'm not bitter about it. Oh, no, wait. I am.

Listen...I'm so much not complaining because they won't come up with stats for me, I'm complaining because they could have. This whole line of arguing is over the fact that Mage Tech minis are in the wrong scale to use real Battletech minis with them.

I took up Karagin's line of arguing, merely to point out to him that Wizkids does not give a care about the orginal fan base. That's patently apparent.

I'm aware that Mage Tech is a different game, played with different pieces, and a different game system. (Cheap knock-off pieces to be certain, but nevertheless totally different pieces.) I realize that they designed it this way, intentionally, to KEEP people from using thier original pieces, but also because they had a supply of cheap plastic they could use, a game system (Mage Knight) that they wanted to push, and a known name (Mechwarrior) they could sell.

Put them all together, knock off a known universe, and BAM...you've got Mage Tech. (Mage Knight done with knock-off big robots, and with a plagarized storyline.)

I was merely pointing that out to Karagin, who still seems to think he can make his point talking to people who specialize in sniping and ad-hominem attacks. It's worse than talking to a wall...it's like the wall is being a smartass back to you.

My position has always been that Mage Tech is bad for Battletech...that directly refutes the line of propoganda which Wizkids put out to pacify Battletech users: "Mage Tech will get younger kids involved in your hobby."

That's a line of bunk, it doesn't hold up under examination. I got banned for my position from CBT (by a Nazi-ish censoring administration).

In reply to:

D>>It's a benifit to those who are making the money off it, by making people buy all new collections.

Z>That's sort of the point of a business, isn't it? Making money?

I never said that it wasn't. What I said is that they deliberately alienated the original, loyal fanbase, by making the new game in such a way that we couldn't use our existing collections. Perfectly legal...but (in my viewpoint) deliberately detestable. They could have done it differently. They didn't.

And they didn't have to. But they could have, and they chose not to. That's where we diverge. I think they had an obligation, to the people who have been keeping this game going, lo, these dozens of years. I think that fan loyalty should be repaid. It's like an athlete, who you've been going to EVERY GAME he's been at in his career, cheering your heart out and supporting him, and then one day you ask him for an autograph, and he says, "Get lost, cracker. I don't sign autographs." His legal right not to do that. But how much of a sucker do you feel like for having been his fan all this time?

It's like your mom died in an auto crash, and then your dad sends you to live in a foster home. Then doesn't even invite you to visit. We are the red-headed stepchildren, gullible enough to have supported Battletech all this time, and what reward do we get? Shoved in a corner, while the new child gets all the support.

And here I am, explaining my viewpoint, just so some flamer smartass can make fun of it. Whatever, if you disagree, I disagree with you. If you want my more earthy viewpoint, mail me, and I'll tell you where you can stuff it.

Anyway, yes, it's a different game. Yes, we have been disowned. I'm over that. Now I'm out to show that new kid what happened, and make his life difficult...and by association, make Wizkid's job difficult.

"From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hates sake I spit my last breath at thee." ...like that. I've already bought the stuff to make up the sandwich signs, so I can walk up and down the street protesting. And it's a small town with several newschannels, I'm sure someone will call it in. Small stories get re-broadcast to other affilliates. As soon as the story breaks, the Congressman and Representative I've been in contact with will be fighting for the attention (public servants always do), and I already have their ear. Things will get nasty, quick.

In reply to:

Z>But you are forgetting other people who would benefit from this. People who are willing to try something new, and just might find it to be fun. Or people who would never play CBT anyway, but might be willing to play a game that's similar to Mage Knight, because they already know that.

Maybe. But it doesn't benefit those people so much as it will benefit those who will be scalping those people for the next wave of uber-pieces ("Expansion Set").

It looks to me like you still hold out hope for people to switch over to Battletech. I think that hope is misguided. I can tell you why, if you really want to read it.
Durango
07/12/02 02:50 PM

In reply to:

D>> And to reiterate my point, removing the incentive to buy FanPro materials is a bad thing.

Z>It takes a certain kind of person to want to collect minis, assemble and paint them. Not all battletech players are (I'm about the only one in my play group who does). People who aren't into doing all of that just won't. That's a given. But, they might be persuaded to buy a BMR, some mapsheets and supplements. The people who do dig the whole mini thing will do so. Whether they started playing with posable dolls or not, when they get a sweet painted mini in their scope for the first time, they'll be hooked, because that's the kind of person they are. You just gotta be one of those people whose wired to like that sort of thing, and when you are, little things like spending a load of money on getting the metal figures (even if they already bought a bunch of plastic figures) will not stand in your way.

I do think you shouldn't discount the people who don't buy minis, but do buy the books, however. Some people just prefer the whole "destructive, stomping, giant robot" thing in their imagination instead of in their hands.

Thank you. You did help, a lot, by pointing out that there will be those who might prefer the Mini over the Overpriced Cheap Plastic figure.

It was also helpful to point out that it's not just minis, it's also the books.

I wish more people could post helpful and constructive posts like yours. (Hell, I wish I could.)

To respond, I don't think that there will be enough of these people to support FanPro, indefinitely. Further, I don't think that the in the time it takes to find these people we will be able to replace that huge crowd who simply quit after seeing the way Wizkids was taking Battletech.

In short, I don't think that's going to help Battletech.

Also, I'd like to point out that if they're making pseudo-Battletech rules for the OCP figures, then that diminishes the "new kids's" motivation to buy BMR, Mapsheets and other suppliments from FanPro...not just the minis, from IWM.

Those who use Mage Tech OCP figures to play Battletech will hasten it's demise, for two reasons:

...they will not be buying their minis from IWM, thus no financial support will weaken IWM

...they will not be buying their books from FanPro, thust no financial support will weaken FanPro.

If all these kids (or the majority) who are playing Mage Tech want to try Battletech, all they have to do is buy the Mage Tech pseudo-Battletech rules suppliments and they can ignore the rest. No money for Battletech...eventually, Battletech will fold like FASA did.

Bob_Richter
07/12/02 03:16 PM

>>>They thought the Spider was ugly. They took this chance to re-do the profile of the mech. And in doing so, got to increase the amount of detail the mech displayed.<<<

Fine. I disagree. I think they were wrong and that the new Spider is nothing of the sort.

>>>Uhm. Okaaay. Why not?<<<

The so-called "improvements" only alienate fans of the existing designs! I've heard very few people chime in to say they prefer their Atlas with horns, and I certainly don't like the faux-Spider's genericized look.

>>>Actually, they've given you little to no reason to simply assume they would. <<<

And I haven't.

Doesn't stoip me being afraid, and wishing I was there to say: "ACK! NO! That's a STUPID idea! Don't even THINK like that!"

>>>Are you going to like EVERYTHING they're going to do?<<<

I don't expect to. One doesn't spend 10 years in a FASA-run Universe and come out with that kind of naive expectation intact.

>>>Do a few superficial alterations mean the entire product is crap?<<<

No, the changes to the Spider don't make the GAME crap.

They *DO* make the SPIDER crap, though.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Bob_Richter
07/12/02 03:18 PM

Hey, I LOVE the Trenchbucket. You take that back!

I'll back you on the rest, though.

But I never want to see them changed.

Bob_Richter
07/12/02 03:21 PM

>>>To respond, I don't think that there will be enough of these people to support FanPro, indefinitely.<<<

Between folks like you (who buy up minis like candy) and folks like me (who couldn't care less about minis but appropriate sourcebooks like a morally conscious cleptomanic,) we kept FASA alive as long as we could. It was their poor business sense that took them under. We'll be feeding FanPro for years and decades to come, I suspect.

Remember: We, the Battletech Fans, are NOT going away!

Durango
07/12/02 03:21 PM

In reply to:

D>> Ok, waitaminute. Either there ARE uber-pieces or there AREN'T uber pieces. If it's true that the point-value system keeps a level playing field, then what does it matter which pieces you have?

Z>The point I was trying to make is that some players just aren't going to agree on the calculation of the point value. Have you heard the fussing that some CBT players make about the BV system? The discussions on this board and others about it's flaws and loopholes? I imagine you'd have some of the same people finding loopsholes in the conversion to MW:DA. Except it'd be worse because while BV is an optional balancer, the point values in a game like MW:DA is the be all and end all. Here's a theoretical exchange:

"Dude, no way that Uber-mech X is worth just 75 pts, that's gotta be worth 100, at the least the way it's wading through all my Shadow Hawks."

"Ha! Fool, the calculated Z factor is pushed down by the crit allocation, which combined with the overheat index that I don't even fully utilize forces the low point value, while yours are overvalued by their extra heat sinks! Live with it, it's the way the rule is written!"

"I'm going online and complaining about how the MW:DA point calculation is broken!"

Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time, but that's what I was trying to say

An inherent problem with that kind of system is that someone can always find loopholes in it, or just disapprove of it on principle because the conversion doesn't favor their prized unit.

So then, by extension of your statement, the game is not balanced, and there will be people throwing away the previous wave of pieces in favor of the next wave?

Why buy the first wave, then?

In reply to:

D>> They won't even try, they won't even sanction an effort by someone else to do it.

Has anyone asked them to? Do you know for sure that they wouldn't approve of such a conversion system, even if just in an "unofficial" capacity?

They aren't going to waste valuable resources on something that won't make them money, but that doesn't mean they will expressly disapprove of it. FASA and Fanpro have been tolerant of house rules in Battletech. I'm willing to give Wizkids the benefit of the doubt on that point until the prove otherwise with some sort of drakonian move like attempting to put an injunction on the creator of such a conversion system. I'll eat my words if they do something monumentally foolish like that.

I'll bring the salt and mustard.

You're right, nobody has actually tried yet. However, I notice that they kept all details of development about the game under tight security. Well, obviously, they don't want details to get out for someone to copy their new system. But it sure had the effect of making it harder for us to import our minis into the game.

Anway, you are right, nobody has asked, and since we HAVE no details about the game, that could explain why nobody has even tried yet.

Of course if details HAD been released sooner, it would have been much easier for us to make such a system. But they didn't want us doing that...and IMHO, not just because they were worried about someone keifing their work. They wanted THEIR minis to sell, and they didn't want US playing with our OWN minis.

Feh. They have the right to make money, and truth be known, I don't want to play that game anyway...but in an academic sense, it would have been nice if we didn't have to argue about it. They COULD have done it differently.
MadWolf
07/12/02 03:23 PM

In reply To : If all these kids (or the majority) who are playing Mage Tech want to try Battletech, all they have to do is buy the Mage Tech pseudo-Battletech rules suppliments and they can ignore the rest. No money for Battletech...eventually, Battletech will fold like FASA did.

BattleTech, Will Live on in the hearts of all who play it. As long as someone has the core rule book, It dosent die.
Shure there may not be any new products. Oh well We'll still be playing. The IS isn't a universe that dies easy. If your suggesting that once WK stops battleTech it dies, you are wrong. The Players then will be in total control. I'll be Playing BattleTech Even if WK drops it and it no longer has a home company. I'll carve figures myself if i have to, and the story will continue.

I'm upset that you feel battletech will die because of this, I'm Upset that any player would stop playing a game just because There aren't New Minis or Novels each month.

To think that would happen....
MadWolf
07/12/02 03:24 PM

Thank You BOB!!!!!!!!
MadWolf
07/12/02 03:27 PM

The Bucket looks like a wanna-be-german-darthvader-man-mech. I play it, its not as cute as a zeus though. My opinion.
Durango
07/12/02 03:42 PM

In reply to:

K>how about you, Warner, talk to Jordon about a rule set that allows in the metal miniatures from BT to MWDA,

W>No. Because I like how they have it now. You don't? Fine don't play the game. Why don't you ask him yourself.

Good idea. Why don't you provide us with an e-mail addy?

What? No? Why not? Because that's the one little bit of power you can exercise here? The fact that you can withhold information as well as preventing it from occuring elsewhere?

Or have you already been told by your god what the "plan" is?

Perhaps you were there when the conversation happened, eh? I can just see the conversation:

RB: "We've got a lot of Battletech fans out there. We need to make sure we support them, too."

JW (ignoring RB, to himself):"How can I make the most of this name? It's MY name, it belongs to ME."

RB (not realizing he's being ignored):"Well, we could make click-base adapters, so that our loyal customers can convert their existing 'Mechs to the new system. After all, we're trying to bring in new blood, and what way other than by making it easier to play with the existing 'Mechs?"

JW (realizing what RB just proposed):"WHAT?!? You imbecile, we'll NEVER make money like that! Why, if we did it that way, we wouldn't make any money selling new 'Mechs! What kind of profit can we make selling an add-on!?"

RB (taken aback):"But, JW, I thought you were in this because you loved the game! Wasn't it you who suggested the click-base system would work better on kids, because they didn't want to learn rules or do math!"

JW (livid):"Idiot! That's not what I said, I said, 'Kids today can't read or do math', not that they wouldn't want to! And I "love the game" because it makes me money...you fool!"

RB: "Well, don't you want them to at least be able to play Battletech?"

JW: "No, I want them playing Mechwarrior! I want them to spend money, lots of money, so I can get rich! The hell with FanPro, you think I get enough money from old product royalties?"

MS (getting excited): "Yes, finally. We can start over, a whole new story line, with a new publisher, who pays me more per word. Finally, I can make some money...money, money, money!"

JW (fanatically, greedily): "YES! And we can come up with all new 'Mechs, so NONE of the old 'Mechs will belong in the new universe...they'll HAVE to buy my new 'Mechs!" (Cackles gleefully)

MS: "But not the Mad Cat, or some of the others...I still have some cover art lying around that I'd like to use, with the MadCat on it, and a few of the others...and I also have some really good passages, with a MadCat in combat that I'd like to use sometime...so we need to make sure that the storyline doesn't exclude the possiblity of them showing up..."

RB (interjecting): "But at least you can make them the correct scale..."

JW: "No, no, no! If I make them the correct scale, then what incentive do people have to buy my new 'Mechs? Don't you see, I can crank out a plastic 'Mech for pennies and sell them for dollars! Hell, I could sell 20 of them for a hundred dollars! And if I make it a collectible scheme...why, there's untold wealth here for me! MINE MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE!" (Under his breath, "My precious, my precious...mine, mine!")

RB (in a desperate last attempt to advocate for the loyal Battletech customers): "But what about the thousands of Battletech players? This is a whole new system, and they've already learned how to play Battletech!"

JW (glares at RB): "That was never MY game. I never wanted it to be like is is now."

RB (horrified, appalled): "This will make their whole collections obsolete! Thats thousands upon thousands of dollars worth, not to mention the time they put into ther terrain! You're going to alienate all of them!"

JW (waves hand dismissively, thinking about profits):"Bah. I don't need them now. I have a whole new generation of lazy, shiftless youth to prey upon. But remember, don't tell anyone I said that. If this new game tanks, I still want money rolling in from FanPro." (Turns to Warner) "Now, Warner, I want you to oversee the new dynasty website, and message board. Remember, I don't want ANYONE to be able to post a disparaging word about my new product."

WD (Bows head in supplication): "Yes, Lord."

JW: "And if you see it on other boards, try to make the anti-Wizkids person look bad. Recruit that bigmouthed smartass, what's his name?"

WD: "Chas, oh Lord."

JW: "Yeah, that's him. And another thing...if you can't make them look bad, and you can't disprove them, change the subject. Call them names, make them look stupid, act sanctimonous, claim we have the right, whatever...but DON'T let a bad word get out about Wizkids! Got it?"

WD: "Yes, lord."

I know why you won't ask him. He'd strike you dead with lighting bolts!

(The preceeding post was supposed to be FUNNY, so if you're humor impaired, now you know...LAUGH.)
Durango
07/12/02 03:50 PM

In reply to:

You crossed the line. But I forgot it is ok for you and your friends to freely attack my character with impunity here on this message board.

Oooh, wassamater, Warner? Pouting because you can't exercise your little "Squeltch" button here?

I suppose you've already (deliberately?) forgotten who got rude first, haven't you? Or did you simply ignore it so you could be better at sticking up for your pejorative friend?

Why are you here, if all you're getting is flack? Why not just go, and let us bash Mage Tech? Is it because you have some "Greater Directive"? A "geas" which prevents you from leaving?

Must be frustrating to be so powerless, eh?

In reply to:

Well I guess you have just shown your true colors. You are a Liar.

Have you looked into the mirror?

Have you? Just curious, when you look into the mirror, can you see your other personalities, too?

In reply to:

Have a nice day.

Well, I'd like to return the offer, but...don't bother.

You wouldn't take my advice, anyway.

Durango
07/12/02 03:59 PM

In reply to:

Z>It's a pity, because it actually was a nice, informative report.

W>Yes it was. But some people cannot stand the truth or allow the facts be known.

OMG! Warner. Kettle. Pot. Black. Further deponent sayeth not. (Censorship, anyone?)

In reply to:

W>That's ok. I just consider the source and then quickly dismissed them for what they truly are. Pity though, they decided to act in a manner that is socially unacceptable all because they believe their opinions above all else including the personal feelings of others.

Yes, that durn Chas! Ad-hominem attacks, everywhere!

I like that, though...you "consider the source", meaning, "I see that they are anti-Wizkids" or "I know that they were anti-Wizkids in the past" and then you "dissmissed them for what they truly are", meaning "I know that their opinion differs from mine, and so they are not worthy of listening to"

Those with eyes that will not SEE!

Durango
07/12/02 04:00 PM

In reply to:

One thing all of you seem to forget..... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY MW:DA ! Geezus! If you don't like WK stuff, then take the story Line the way you want to. If you wish in 3057 the Clans can unite and restart there thrust towards Tera and ComStar can once again try to stop them, while the Draconis Combine plan to backstab them both! You know why this can happen? Cause it's SCI-FI ( which means its not real ) and its a Game ! I don't plan on buying MW:DA because I don't any Mecha where Chainsaws and things like that are used as wepons ( this includes Gundam Wing and the there weapons as well ). The Hatchetman and the AxeMan were pushing the limits for me. Just try this, Wait till the game acctually comes out. Then once you buy the figures, If you even do, then come in the forum and start a war that last 400 some odd post. Relax guys. Don't get bent outta shape for somthing thats just hearsay rightnow. I plan on making my own storyline and droping the MW:DA out of it. Anyone wish to just doso themselves?

Well said! Hear, hear! People don't have to use ANY Overpriced Cheap Plasitic!
Durango
07/12/02 04:05 PM

In reply to:

A>Nope, not Z-scale. Z-scale is the closest that model railway terain comes to BT. IIRC BT is 285:1.

I knew that, and that is essentially what I meant, but I will stand corrected, anyway. Thanks for your input.

In reply to:

My problem with the change of scale is that they made it bigger, making large battles even more cumbersome and crowded.

*shrugs* To me it's moot. I don't see the game lasting that long, anyway.
Acolyte
07/12/02 04:54 PM

I still play "Star Frontiers", "Villians and Vigilantes", "Bushido", and not to mention 1st ed D&D.

I have casting equipment for any mini's that are no longer produced (no I won't sell, that's illegal, but I can tell you how) and Word allows for any rulebook or sourcebook that fall appart. Like the 1st ed MechWarrior RPG, which I also still play.

The game will not die. If they stop making it, my feel is that it will go into the public domain, and it will become FanTech of some sort.

As to ClickTech - I vote with my wallet. That is what hurts a company and tells them I'm not happy with their product.

Acolyte
Acolyte
07/12/02 05:03 PM

Not the point. I can have up to four mapsheets on my floor. That's all I have room for. That means that 2 companies on two companies get extremly crowded.

Then they make the scale bigger. The game seems to be simpler and therefore great for larger battles, but the amount of room required goes up.

What am I supposed to do, buy a bigger house?

Acolyte
Warner_Doles
07/12/02 05:05 PM

Feel better? Good.

That was my right cheek.

Here is my left cheek. You can slap it too.

And then I will turn it again. David.

And again...

again..

again...

By the way David.. If you want to do it more, ask and I will repeat as above.

And do so as much as you need to make yourself feel so mighty and cool.

God bless and keep you David Staples.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 56575

Contact Admins Sarna.net