1 Autocannon/20
1 SRM 6
2 Medium Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Overview:
The Warlord assault mech was discovered in the ruins of an abandoned Star League R&D base out among the Periphery by an Explorer Corps expedition in 2982. Among the ruins they discovered the remains of 36 Warlord assault mechs in various states of being built, variations, and rusting scrap heaps. Only 16 battlemechs were able to be scavenged from all the available parts.

Capabilities:
The Warlord is an impressive battlemech for an assault class and very few other models could defeat it in tests, such as the Atlas in one on one confrontations to taking on a whole lance of medium mechs by itself. The Warlord carries pair of PPCs in the right torso for long range combat and a massive AC/20 in the left arm o finish any mech off. For close in weapons, the Warlord has a pair of medium lasers in the torso and an SRM-6 in the right arm. 23 heat sinks let the mech fire only about 2/3s of its weapons at any one time, so pilots are cautioned not to fire all them at once.

Deployment:
All remaining WLD-01D Warlords are in Comstar's possessions and hidden its massive weapons caches.

Battle History:
No WLD-01D has seen actual combat.

Known Variants:
Only two variants exist. The WLD-02D exchanges the AC/20 for an LRM-20, 3 tons of ammo and 3 tons more armor. The WLD-03D drops the PPC in favor for large lasers and adds 3 more tons of armor and 1 heat sink. Most the 16 Warlords are the WLD-01D models.

code:
WLD-01D Warlord

Technology Base: - Inner Sphere - Level 1
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 10
Engine: 300 19
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 23 13
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 256 16

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 39
Center Torso(rear) 12
R/L Torso 21 26
R/L Torso(rear) 7
R/L Arm 17 29
R/L Leg 21 36

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Autocannon/20 LA/LT 0/0 14
Autocannon/20 Ammo LT 2 2
Medium Laser LT 1 1
PPC RT 3 7
PPC RT 3 7
SRM 6 RA 2 3
SRM 6 Ammo RA 1 1
Medium Laser CT 1 1

Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Bloodrider
12/07/02 11:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
3025 era- I like it. You ought to sculpt one and see if IWM will add it to the FanTech line. HMMM...now there's an idea.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
KamikazeJohnson
12/08/02 01:20 AM

Interesting...rather impressive array of weapons...I might be tempted to drop a heat sink or two to beef up the armor a little or to add a couple more MLs for close-in work tho...heat dissipation is more than adequate unless you insist on firing PPCs at close range

I'm not so sure about the weapons placement...I have a distinct aversion to placing major weapons in the arms for two reasons...first, you can't fire the AC/20 and punch at the same time, and second, arms can (and frequently do) get blown off fairly early in the battle...you don't want to have that left arm taken off just as the enemy gets in close. I'd prefer the AC/20 mounted fully in the torso, and put the lasers in the arms to keep a wide field of fire. Just my personal prefs

Overall....quite good...and a nice original design for 3025 tech
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Moloch
12/08/02 02:44 AM

The design is more FASA like. Ya know, they design mechs the way you wouldn't I was gonna put the AC/20 in the torso, but that would be so much like the Atlas and the Cyclops. Punches are rather weak, only 10 damage for a 100 tonner and I would rather kick, fire the AC/20, and SRM-6(you also can't punch something when you destroyed its leg and it fell flat on its butt ). I would chance a piloting role for the extra damage. The weapon systems are pretty modular though, so you could put the AC/20 all in the torso if you wished
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3516

Contact Admins Sarna.net