S:LDF Calls for a new 100 ton mech to be...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Karagin
04/16/02 10:39 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
their main line combat mech.

All enteries must be in no later then May 1st.

The following requirements must be met:

1) Mech can move no slower 50kph.
2) MACS can be used to increse speed if the company submitting the mech wish so.
3) TSM is not allowed.
4) Stealth Armor is not allowed.
5) Cost should not excceed 35 million C-bills.
6) No clan tech.
7) Level 2 tech only.

The mechs submitted will face an Atlas, a Devastator, Grand Titan, Titan, Imp and a Mad II. Winner of the battle will be picked as the mech to replace all other 100 tonners in the ranks of the SLDF.

Please note the SLDF is looking for an all purpose mech here not a specialty mech.

Thank you,
SLDF Quatermaster Corps
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.

Edited by Karagin (04/16/02 11:00 AM)
CrayModerator
04/16/02 10:58 AM

Hmm. But it won't be facing a Thunderhawk?

The Atlas, Grand Titan, Imp, Mad II and maybe the Titan I could top. But the results keep looking the Devastator or Thunderhawk with a few tweaks. I feel so unoriginal...

While I ponder the Ultimate Assault Mech, a question: is this limited to L2 designs, or are L3 weapons okay? Because I could do something cool/munchy with artillery cannons.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
04/16/02 11:02 AM

If I get enough entries then ALL of the current 100 tonners will face the entries in combat.

As for your last question see the main thread again. I correct my left out item.
Karagin

novakitty
04/16/02 11:37 AM

HZR - Hezrou

tonnage: 100
Engine: 300xl
walking: 3
running: 5
jumping: 2

Heat sinks: 15 double

Armor: standard (19.5 tons)
H: 9
CT: 47/15
R/LT: 32/10
R/LA: 34
R/LL: 42

Weapons and gear:
MRM40 / 12 tons / 7 crits / RA
ammo / 3 tons / 3 crits / RA
MRM40 / 12 tons / 7 crits / LA
ammo / 3 tons / 3crits / LA
MPL / 2 tons / 1 crit / H
MPL / 2 tons / 1 crit / CT
3 x MPL / 6 tons / 3 crits / RT
3 x MPL / 6 tons / 3 crits / LT
Jump Jet / 2 tons / 1 crit / RL
Jump Jet / 2 tons / 1 crit / LL

Note: minimal actuators in each arm to accomidate the volume of the MRM 40s and ammunition (just shoulder and upper arm)

Cost: 22,510,000 C-Bills
BV: 1,611
meow
CrayModerator
04/16/02 11:38 AM

I think it's got potential if it can close with the enemy...but it's pure cheese...

100 tons
5 tons Endosteel
19 tons 300 Vlar
....Walking: 3 (corrected)
....Running: 5 (corrected)
....Jumping: 0
2 tons 12 DHS
3 tons gyroscope
3 tons cockpit
19 tons armor
....Head....3.....9
....CT.......31...51/10
....RT/LT...21...32/10
....RA/LA...17....34
....RL/LL....21...41
40 tons 4x RAC/5 (RA/LA/RT/LT)
8 tons RAC ammo (4 RT/LT)
1 ton 2x CASE (RT/LT)
No Hand Actuators
Endosteel crits: 3 RA/LA, 2 RL/LL/CT, RT/LT

Well, admittedly, it's a bit short on range and staying power (3+1/3 full speed shots for each weapon), but when it goes full speed on all its guns, it only builds up heat from movement and it can deal out up 120 points of damage a turn. A mech that can deal out that damage can destroy anything - truly, a multi-purpose mech. An only about 12 million C-bills - no XL.

Alright, alright, I'll get to a better mech. I'm really leaning toward Diranged's Gorgon.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (04/16/02 11:58 AM)
novakitty
04/16/02 11:40 AM

Did you mean "ragnarock" or was that the spelling you desired?
meow
CrayModerator
04/16/02 11:41 AM

Spelling was intentional, a play on Ragnarok, like Godzilla and Gausszilla.

novakitty
04/16/02 11:42 AM

Ah, yes, I did not see the reference at first.
meow
CrayModerator
04/16/02 11:57 AM

Yeah, a quick fix to give the Racnarok some staying power would be to turn it into Diranged's "Gorgon" he posted in CBT. This trades a RAC/5 for 2 PPCs and adds 2 medium lasers at the expense of armor and the 2 extra heat sinks. I'd ditch the medium lasers to get the armor up to 19 tons.

Another idea comes to mind...

MEDUSA
100 tons
5 tons Endosteel
19 tons 300 Vlar
....Walking: 3
....Running: 5
....Jumping: 0
0 tons 12 DHS
3 tons gyroscope
3 tons cockpit
19 tons armor
....Head....3.....9
....CT.......31...51/10
....RT/LT...21...32/10
....RA/LA...17...34
....RL/LL....21...41
20 tons 4x RAC/5 (RT/LT)
20 tons 2x LRM 20 (RA/LA)
6 tons RAC ammo (4 RT/LT)
4 tons LRM 20 ammo (4 RT/LT)
1 ton 2x CASE (RT/LT)
No Hand Actuators
Endosteel crits: 4 RA/LA, 2 RL/LL/CT

The Medusa was designed to have potent long and medium range firepower. The designers achieved just that by mounting a pair of powerful Doombud LRM 20s in the forearms in a cylindrical configuration like the Zeus's. The arms included the hardened striking surface of the Zeus, suitably scaled up for the 25% larger Medusa. For short range firepower, the Medusa was equipped with a pair of Rheinmettal 60mm Rotary Autocannons. The location of the major shoulder actuators resulted in the RACs to be pushed forward in the torso until they emerged partially in armored pods. The distant resemblance to the female form was immediately noted by the test pilots. However, a typically terrifying visage had been crafted for the mech's cockpit. The mech was quickly dubbed the "Medusa" by its test pilots, who got to news reporters before the engineers could. The name stuck throughout the prototype phase and combat trials.

The Medusa is radical for being an entirely ammo-dependent mech, but in combination with Narc and I-Narc systems, the LRMs should be quite thrifty and the 3 tons of ammo per autocannon give a fairly standard 10 bursts (at full speed) and many more shots at lower rates of consumption.

Karagin
04/16/02 01:20 PM

Wow he made one without a TC...impressive...:D

Interesting mech you have here...
Karagin

Edited by Karagin (04/16/02 01:21 PM)
Karagin
04/16/02 01:22 PM

Nice, but what about secondary weapons to back up the RLs????
Karagin

Karagin
04/16/02 01:23 PM

Okay another interesting mech. But who makes it, where is it made?
Karagin

Karagin
04/16/02 01:41 PM

Okay say I do use them that way or let them fly when I do have the numbers, what happens then? What about droping say four of the RLs for a couple of MLs?
Karagin

CrayModerator
04/16/02 01:50 PM

Background on the Medusa...

Built by GM in a new FS facility...on...uh...

No, no, wait: The Medusa is product of APPLE MOTORS. Yes, Apple Computers of the planet Macintosh decided to diversify into more areas of the military market. The natural solution was to build a mech, a real eye catcher. The rather radical, ammo-dependent Medusa does this quite well. The decision to build an assault mech was in no small part motivated by a recent pirate raid that had netted 2500 tons of computer parts. The pirates had used a battalion of modified Banshees in the well planned operation. When the intimidated Apple executives climbed out from under their desks two days later and changed their shorts, they knew they had to have assault mechs, too. As owners of an entire, wealthy planet, this was easy enough to fund. The SLDF competition was an excuse to make a profit off the Medusa, perhaps defraying the enormous start up costs of Macintosh's first mech factory.

DEPLOYMENT
Currently, the Macintosh Planetary Defense Unit fields a battalion of Medusas backed by much faster hover vehicles and VTOLs. The faster vehicles aim to pin and harrass the attackers until the Medusas can arrive. Though fairly clever for the armchair generals of Macintosh, the vehicles probably don't have the staying power to hold a potent foe - like the warring RCTs of the FC Civil War - long enough for the Medusas to arrive. The deployment plan the SLDF has for the Medusa is uncertain, mostly because the SLDF has not signed a procurement contract yet. However, the idea of replacing EVERY assault mech in the SLDF inventory has Apple executives salivating. (A junior exec who pointed out that Apple makes more in a day selling personal computers than it would by replacing every SLDF assault mech is now an Assistant Manager...at a fastfood restaurant.)

COMBAT NOTES
The Medusa would benefit from being paired with a Tessen or other I-Narc platform, but should do well on its own while its ammo lasts.

VARIANTS
With a noted ammo dependence, the first variant of the Medusa as designed improve its endurance. Initially, engineers strove to replace the most ammo-hungry weapons (the RACs) with a battery of energy weapons. However, they were taken aside and beaten by Medusa mechwarriors. The next plan called for replacing each LRM 20 with a PPC (arm), an engine-mounted DHS, 3 medium lasers (2 arm, 1 torso rear), 1 extra ton of RAC ammo. This offered Medusa-A mechwarriors several weapon options at long, medium, and short ranges, though only fools would use all the weapon together. Apple Motors test pilots recommended assigning a lance of Medusa A's to each Medusa Company.

Karagin
04/16/02 02:22 PM

Very nice fluff...

Thank you for submitting it.
Karagin

CrayModerator
04/16/02 02:37 PM

Most excellent fluff.

novakitty
04/16/02 02:39 PM

Hmmm... backhistory...

As they are the primary manufactuer of MRMs, this design came from a design team at Luthien Armor Works. Localy manufacturing the primary weapon systems, jump jets, and chassis of similar scale, Luthien Armor Works needed few purchased components for this design. Originally, the Hezrou called for a Vlar 300 engine (also local), and a few Defiance Motors medium lasers, but the design team chose to go with the added expense of importing Hermes 300xl engines and Aberdovy medium pulse lasers from Kong Interstellar Corporation to improve total performance.
It is a long way from supplier to factory, and many of the political conflicts could interfere with delivery, but the gains in the design were sufficient to warrant such a deal.

Enough company names and details for you?
meow
Karagin
04/16/02 03:29 PM

Yes, thank you.
Karagin

Hurlbut
04/16/02 04:55 PM

Thank you man, finally I get a chance to submit a design for this thing! You will get one from me soon. Btw weight wise 95tons has a bit more space than 100tons. (just telling you)
Hellbringer
04/16/02 05:35 PM

MAR-IO Goomba
Wayne Enterprises

I.S. Technology Level 2
100 tons
Engine: 300 Fusion
Heat Sinks: 12 (24) Double
Actuators: All
Structure: 5 tons Endosteel

Movement:
Walking: 3
Running: 5
Jumping: 3

Armor: 19 tons Standard
Location/Factor
Head: 9
Center Torso/Rear: 46/15
Right/Left Torso/Rear: 32/10
Right/Left Leg: 41
Right/Left Arm: 34

Equipment: Location/Critical/Tonnage
Medium Pulse Laser: CT/1/2
Medium Pulse Laser: LA/1/2
Medium Pulse Laser: LA/1/2
Heavy Gauss Rifle: LT/11/18
@Heavy Gauss Rifle: RT/1/1
Ultra AC/10: RA/7/13
@Ultra AC/10: RT/1/1
@Ultra AC/10: RT/1/1
CASE: LT/1/.5
CASE: RT/1/.5
Jump Jet: LL/1/1
Jump Jet: RL/1/1
Jump Jet: CT/1/1

Cost: 10,904,000
Battle Value: 2,366

The Goomba is Wayne Enterprise's attempt to provide a mix of cutting edge technology and old favorites in a cheap 100 ton package. Costing much less than most 100 ton assault machines the Goomba can still dominate the battlefield. This SLDF test will be the Goomba's first live-fire excercise, but all simulator tests show it wiping the floor with all the current entries.
The Goomba's punch comes from the Heavy Gauss Rifle mounted in its left torso. The weapon has shorter range than the standard gauss cannon, but packs a murderous punch. For when gauss ammo runs low or the enemy gets too close, the Goomba's Ultra class Autocannon kicks in to deliver a painful sting. If all else fails or the bad guy just dosen't get the point, medium pulse lasers should make him think again. Tried and true since the last Star League, the Pulse Lasers are a sure-fire reliable weapon.
To protect against ammo explosion or Gauss overload, CASE has been installed in both torsos. For an extra measure of saftey and cost-saving the Goomba does not use an XL engine. Wayne Enterprises wanted to make the Goomba really durable to increase its effectivness on the field of battle.
Good luck to all.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Karagin
04/16/02 05:57 PM

Very interesting...this should prove to be among the more interesting mechs out there.
Karagin

Hellbringer
04/16/02 06:05 PM

Just trying to be a little humerous. Thanks for the "Koopa" idea.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
Hellbringer
04/16/02 06:07 PM

Thanks Dude, I hope I do well. Now do the entry mechs face off against all the test mechs at once or one by one? I guess I am asking for a rundown on how all the test and scoring will go.
Karagin
04/16/02 06:45 PM

Again that depends on how many entries are submitted. If it is enough then it will be more then likely a lance on lance series of battles.

If the ones here already are all I get then I may do one on one fights or stick to the lance on lance idea.

Scoring will be more of performance based formula. Using the outcome of the battle to say which is the over all winner, based on how well one submission over the others.

Like if one mech is able to get a fast kill in say two turns then odds are that mech will be around after the battle, now if all of the mech prefrom well then I will sit down with my friends and we look at all of the mechs and see what they give over the standard 100 tonners out there already.
Karagin

CrayModerator
04/16/02 06:53 PM

How do you figure?

A 95-ton mech with max armor, 3/5 non-XL movement, and standard internal structure has 44.5 tons for equipment unless I messed up the engine and/or armor mass. Endosteel saves 4 tons, giving it 48.5 tons to play with. An XL would give it 52.5 tons to play with, or 56.5 tons with XL and endosteel.

A 100-ton mech with max armor, 3/5 non-XL movement, and standard internal structure has 46 tons for equipment unless I messed up the engine and/or armor mass. Endosteel saves 5 tons, giving it 51 tons to play with. An XL would give it 55.5 tons to play with, or 60.5 tons with XL and endosteel.

The 100-ton mech has extra tonnage in every configuration.

Karagin
04/16/02 07:05 PM

I think he was talking about internal space...someone on Rick's HMP site pointed out that 95 tonner can carry more useful weapons then a 100 tonner IIRC, but I am still not sure on that one myself...
Karagin

Moloch
04/16/02 10:08 PM

Type/Model: MJL-3D Mjolnir
Tech: Inner Sphere
Rules: Level 2, Standard design

Mass: 100 tons
Chassis: Standard
Power Plant: Hermes 300 Standard Fusion
Walking Speed: 3
Maximum Speed: 5
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: None
Armament:
1 Rotary AC/5
1 ER PPC
3 Medium Lasers
2 SRM 6
Armor Type: Standard
Heat Sinks: 17 Double [34]
Manufacturer: Lyran Commonwealth
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown /w Targeting Computer

Type: MJL-3D Mjolnir

Armor Factor: 307 pts Standard 19.5
Internal / External
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 31 46 / 16
L/R Side Torso: 21 30 / 12
L/R Arm: 17 34
L/R Leg: 21 42

Weapon and Space Allocation: Space Remaining
Head: 1 empty
Center Torso: 2 empty
Left Torso: 5 tons RAC/5 ammo (5) 2 tons SRM 6 ammo (2), 1 double heat sink (3), CASE (1), 1 empty
Right Torso: 3 Medium laser (3), 5 tons of T-Comp (5), 1 double heat sink (3), 1 empty
Right Arm: 1 ER PPC (3), 2 double heat sink (6), no hand actuator, 0 empty
Left Arm: 1 RAC/5 (6), 1 double heat sink, no hand actuator, 0 empty
Right Leg: 1 SRM 6 (2), 0 empty
Left Leg: 1 SRM 6 (2), 0 empty

Free Crits: 5
Total Cost: 10, 112,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2134
Max Heat Generate: 38 (34)

Overview:
Named after the hammer that Thor wields, the Mjolnir strikes it enemies with out mercy. Designed secretly by the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth on a remote icy planet, the MJL-3D Mjolnir is intended as a stand off mech against the clans. The project was nearly suspended with the death of Hanse Davion and put on hold indeffinatly with the assasination of Melissa Stiener-Davion. The project was re-awakened when Archon-Priness Katrina Stiener needed an assault mech that could slow down the advance of her brother Victor as he attempted to recapture the other half the FedCom throne.

Capabilities:
Little is known about Project Mjolnir and three agents died from Loki security while procuring this information. The MJL-3D Mjolnir will carries enough armor to stand up to an Atlas. The main weapons are an ER PPC in the right arm and a Rotary AC/5 replacing the LB-10x class auto cannon in the left arm. With one extra ton available, the engineers installed an extra ton of ammunition giving the Mjolnir a grand total of 100 shots. A slightly larger version of the standard clan targeting computer gives the two weapons greater accuracy at longer ranges. A trio of medium lasers in the torso and 2 SRM-6, one in each leg, with one ton of ammo provides a decent punch at short range. All ammunition is stored in the left torso with CASE and 17 double heat sinks greatly increase the chances of survival for the pilot. Deployed strategically as part of a heavy assault or strike lance, this mech can turn the tied of battle quickly.

Its been awhile since I played a board game, but I kept up by reading all the novels
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”

Edited by Moloch (04/17/02 01:13 AM)
KamikazeJohnson
04/16/02 10:50 PM

95-tonner saves space if you want to move 4/6, as a lot of these designs do...
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
04/16/02 10:58 PM

Interesting...RACs seem to be in vogue for this challenge

btw...Mjolnir was Thor's hammer, not Odin's, but otherwise, I like
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
04/16/02 11:33 PM

ORG-3K Orgonnyk

Chassis: Luthien DAI
Power Plant: Vlar 300
Cruising Speed: 32.25
Maximum Speed: 53.75
Jump Jets: none
Jump Capacity: none
Armor: Valiant Chainmail
Armament:
8 Diverse Optics Small Pulse Lasers
1 Diverse Optics Type 20 Large Pulse Laser
2 Fusigon Longtooth ER PPCs
3 Diverse Optics Medium Pulse Lasers
4 Diverse Optics Type 2 Medium Lasers
Manufacturer: Johnson 'Mechworks Inc.
Primary Factory: Soul
Communications System: Tri-World Duplex 4880
Targeting and Tracking System: Magestrix Gamma

Overview:
Based on an earlier JMInc. design -- the outrageous 90-ton UNG-4N
Ungoliant -- the Orgonnyk is truly a sight to behold. A great deal
of work went into the appearance of the Orgonnyk, and the engineers
(who believe they topped even the Ungoliant with this one) proudly
refer to the ORG-3K as "the ugliest 'Mech in existence". With Quad
stability, unmatched armor coverage, and unbelievable firepower at
close range, JMInc. executives are confident that the Orgonnyk has a
real chance in the current SLDF competition.

Capabilities:
The Orgonnyk actually resembles the controvercial UNG-4N(A)
variant of the Ungoliant more than the primary version, due to the
ERPPCs. While at first glance the resulting heat output is
stupefying to say the least, closer examination will reveal that the
heat scale can actually be moderated quite easily, as long as the
pilot doesn't insist on firing the PPCs at close range. [HARD
RETURN]The ERPPC-pair provides respectable long-range fire, but this
'Mech is definitely a close-quarter specialist. Twelve pulse lasers
wait to punish anything that gets too close, and with four
rear-firing medium lasers, even behind this thing is far from a safe
place to be. Finally, the ORG-3K has one more weapon...the
psychological impact of the sight of this grotesque, spider-like
monstrosity creeping across the battlefield.

Battle History:
At the moment, only simulator tests have been performed, but they
amply demonstrated the effectiveness of the Orgonnyk's real and
psychological weapons. In one test, a rookie test pilot, with no
advance knowledge of what he was facing, was thrown into convulsions
when he first laid eyes on his opponent.
*Battle Note: to simulate the psychological effect of this
hideous...thing..., enemies suffer -1 to all initiative rolls and +1
to piloting and gunnery skills for the first three rounds they have
LOS to the Orgonnyk

Known Variants:
There are three workable variants of the Orgonnyk, each choosing
a different main weapon, but retaining the distinctive Small Pulse
Laser collection. Alternate choices include LRM 15s, which allow for
use of most of the current support weaponry, LRM 20s, which replace
most of the medium lasers, and Gauss Rifles, which replace all
torso-mounted weaponry. Full schematics for these variants are
available on request.

ORG-3K Orgonnyk

Technology Base: - Inner Sphere - Level 2
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 10
Engine: 300 19
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 16(32) - Double 6
DHS locations: 2LT, 2RT
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 320 20

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 45
Center Torso(rear) 14
R/L Torso 21 33
R/L Torso(rear) 9
R/L Arm 21 42
R/L Leg 21 42

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Small Pulse Laser FLL 1 1
Small Pulse Laser FLL 1 1
ER PPC LT 3 7
Medium Laser LT 1 1
Medium Laser LT 1 1
Medium Pulse Laser LT 1 2
Small Pulse Laser RLL 1 1
Small Pulse Laser RLL 1 1
Small Pulse Laser RRL 1 1
Small Pulse Laser RRL 1 1
ER PPC RT 3 7
Medium Laser RT 1 1
Medium Laser RT 1 1
Medium Pulse Laser RT 1 2
Small Pulse Laser FRL 1 1
Small Pulse Laser FRL 1 1
Large Pulse Laser CT 2 7
Medium Pulse Laser H 1 2

Cost: 10,490,000
BV: 1610

MY BLURB:
Gruesome, I know, but I like it Honestly, I found the 90-ton version to be a much more elegant design...the tonnage worked out better, and there was room for a 360XL engine. Anyway...I present, the Ungoliant's big brother The psychological effect thing is optional

btw...Karagin...have you completed the testing for the Bodie Industries challenge? Do you have any results ready to post? Just wondering
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
04/17/02 12:21 AM

Are you talking about the Medium mech bash or the mech for the first lord one???
Karagin

KamikazeJohnson
04/17/02 12:46 AM

Um...the first lord one.
--Thomas Jefferson
LordChaos
04/17/02 01:54 AM

CVL Caviliar

Chassis: Blackstone HV4C Endo Steel
Cruising Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Leviathon Plus
Armament: 3
1 Ranger Arms Ultra AC20 @ 15 rounds
2 Holly LRM-20 racks @ 18 rounds
1 S&W ER-PPC
Manufacturer(s): 1
Blackstone BattleMechs, Ltd.
Communications System: 3Com TrueEther Model 20
Targeting & Tracking System: C-Apple Churchill

Overview: 26
The CVL Caviliar is was designed to meet a SLDF
requirement for a new assult mech capible of turning
almost anything else into scrap at almost any range.
Obviously, an impossible task (there's always a better
mousetrap), but one that fits the CVL rather well. The
paired Holly Long Range Missle racks combined with the
relitivly large ammo storage and the S&W ER-PPC makes
fighting it at range a rather dicy proposition for most
mechs. With it's ample heat sinks, it's capible of
conitnuing that barage quite well without much problem.
Up close, the Ranger Arms UAC-20 gives opponents,
even other assult mechs, a life expetancy measured in
seconds.

If there is a downside of this mech, it's the large quantities
of ammo it carries and requires. Prolonged engagements
may leave it with just the ER-PPC left to defend it's self
with if it's pilot does not use discression. Additionaly, if an
opponent can punch through the armor on the right torso
and set off the ammo stored there, it leaves the mech
again with just the ERPPC left for defense.

Currently, the CVL is undergoing trials to optimal force composision, logistic needs, and possible weak points.

Type: CVL Caviliar
Technology Base: Inner Sphere Level 2 Custom
Tonnage: 100

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: ES 5.0
Engine: 300 19.0
Heat Sinks: 13 [26] 3
Armor Factor: 296 18.5
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Center Torso: 31 46
Center Torso (Rear): 15
R/L Torso: 21 32
R/L Torso (Rear): 10
R/L Arm: 17 34
R/L Leg: 21 37

BV : 1809 Cost : 11112000
Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Heat Mass
Ultra AC/20 RA 10 8 15.0
@Ultra AC/20 (5) RT 1 0 1.0
LRM-20 LT 5 6 10.0
@LRM-20 (6) RT 1 0 1.0
@LRM-20 (6) RT 1 0 1.0
ER PPC LA 3 15 7.0
LRM-20 LT 5 6 10.0
@LRM-20 (6) RT 1 0 1.0
CASE RT 1 0 0.5
*** ACTUATORS LA LH

Just a reworking of the fluff for an existing design of mine...
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Moloch
04/17/02 02:11 AM

Hehe thanks, I thought it was wrong myself . its been fixed.

I was debating about using a Gauss rifle.

Variation: MJL-7J Mjolnir
1 ER PPC
1 Heavy Gauss Rifle /w 7 tons of ammo (28 shots)
3 Medium Laser
7 tons of Targeting Computer

Placement:
Center Torso: Heavy Gauss Rifle (2)
Left Torso: 1 Heavy Gauss Rifle (9 LT), CASE (1), H Gauss Ammo (2), 0 empty
Right Torso: Targeting Computer (7), 5 tons H Gauss Ammo (5), 0 empty
Right Arm: 1 ER PPC (3), 1 double heat sink (3) no hand actuator, 3 empty
Left Arm: 3 Medium Lasers, 6 emtpy
Head: 1 emtpy
Right Leg: 2 empty
Left Leg: 2 empty
---------------------------
Crits Free: 14
Cost: 10, 286,000 C-Bills (9999 x 10 3rd power pesos)
BV: 2210
Max Heat: 28 (26)

With the advancement of technology, variant MJL-7J was designed around a single Heavy Gauss Rifle. Capable of firing a 250 kilo gram shell (twice the weight of standard gauss ammo) at a range of 600 meters, this weapon can knock any mech over. Coupled with the advanced Targeting Computer, the MJL-7J can fire with pin point accuracy and act as a mobile howitzer to punch holes in enemy lines or entrenchments. 7 tons of ammo (28 shots) limit the effectiveness of this variant and it is usually assigned as part of a lance to protect it along with the J-27 Ordnance Transport that follows it to resupply in the battle field. The ER PPC is still mounted in the right arm and the 3 medium class lasers are moved to the left arm. With less heat produced, 4 heat sinks are exchanged for the heavy gauss gun ammo.

note: J-27 Ordnance Transport truck does not go in to battle, it stays back with one mech to guard it while the other 2 lance members protect the MJL-7J Mjolnir.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Nightward
04/17/02 06:09 AM

As it happens, I was kicking this around a few days ago...

Type: BVR-X Bevier
Technology Base: Inner Sphere, House Davion 3067
Mass: 100 Tons
Chassis: PAL Standard Dorwinion-Base
Power Plant: GM 300 Standard
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54.0 kph
Armour: ArmaPlas Compund X with CASE
Armament:
1 Vulcan 50-Millimetre Gattling Cannon
2 Johnston High Speed ER PPCs
1 Tronel Mark X Medium Pulse Laser
3 Diverse Optics Type 128 ER Medium Lasers
Communications System: CTA-12b
Targeting and Tracking System: TargeTrak-2
Primary Manufacturer: Banzai Weapons Systems, Inc.
Primary Factory: New Avalon

OVERVIEW

The Paladin was originally a test base for the new Templar OmniMech. As the design process neared completion, the AFFC decided that a higher speed was needed for its new 'Mech, and the Templar was lessened to 80 tons for the necessary improvements to be made. The original chassis remained, however, and was sent to the NACMS for study. Although the 'Mech was not truly modular, it was able to be altered fairly easily, and the tech and engineering students at the NACMS were allowed to tinker with the 'Mech. After a time, the ‘MechWarriors of the academy were also allowed to use the 'Mech to get a feel for newer-technology Assault 'Mechs. After almost a year, the technicians, engineers, and ‘MechWarriors sat down and hammered out a design that maximised damage potential whilst minimising the need for maintenance and logistical support.

The 'Mech was eventually renamed the Bevier after a famous literary character from the twenty-first century.

CAPABILITIES

Massing an incredible 100 tons, the Bevier is armed to the metaphorical teeth with the latest available gear, including a new Vulcan Rotary Cannon. The Bevier’s primary armament are the twin ER PPCs, mounted in turret-like assemblies over the 'Mech’s shoulders. Capable of hitting and causing severe damage at ranges exceeding 600 metres, the PPCs were chosen not only because of their lethal battlefield capabilities in their own right, but also because they provide the necessary heat to bring the 'Mech’s Triple Strength Myomers. The dual PPCs are supported by the heavy Vulcan Cannon, which is supplied with a 60-clip drum of ammunition. Although this is a large amount of ammunition, the Vulcan-at full rate of fire- can deplete the ammo drum in little under two minutes. However, careful ammunition rationing will allow for maximum damage with minimum waste. For use in the event of ammunition depletion, or added to the dual PPCs and Vulcan Cannon when the battle moves in close, the Bevier carries a trio of ER Medium Lasers. Its final weapon is Tronel Medium Pulse Laser mounted in the head. This weapon, due to its limited range, is intended for anti-infantry operations rather than a primary weapon in its own right.

Like the literary character for whom the 'Mech is named, the Bevier carries a massive Lochaber axe. Nearly a halberd in its own right, the Lochaber has a large axe head mounted on a haft almost 6 metres long. This weapon, powerful in its own right, becomes truly fearsome when the Triple Strength Myomers of the 'Mech are engaged. A strike with the myomer-enhanced axe is capable of splitting a Heavy 'Mech in half with a single stroke.

The Bevier has also been modified for maximum visual impact. The 'Mech’s heavy armour is moulded to resemble the armour of a medieval knight, and the Lochaber axe serves to heighten the natural aura of awe that surrounds an Assault 'Mech.

DEPLOYMENT

Thus far, only one Bevier exists. It is being evaluated by the AFFC High Command, and is proceeding through its trials well. Since the 'Mech is not overly different in structure or armament to the Berzerker, it is possible that some lines may be retooled to produce Beviers.

COST ANALYSIS

The Bevier is estimated to be worth approximately 14 million C-Bills. It should be noted, however, that there will be significant savings if the project is continued, as most of the pre-production plannin of the 'Mech occurred in the development of the Templar.

MY BLURB

This all started as an attempt to fix that thrice-accursed Berzerker. It was a good design in principle, but the execution was poor. It needed more weapons, and weapons that could hit further out. I went to it, and came up with this. PPCs instead of Large Pulse Lasers, the R-A/C instead of the PPC, and the medium lasers for close work. I couldn’t see the point in ECM or AMS, so I just dropped them.

The best way to engage TSM is to fire both PPCs, one ER Medium Laser, the R-A/C at X4 rate, and run. Alternatively, you can use all three Medium Lasers, one PPC, the R-A/C at maximum rate, the Medium Pulse Laser, and run. This takes you to 10 heat, though-so you will loose the TSM movement bonus. However, you could inflict 61 damage as opposed to 45. Following that up with a nasty 40-point Hatchet attack could be very fun.

This 'Mech is, of course, named after Sir Bevier, a Cyrinic Knight from David Eddings’ Elenium and Tamuli series. They’re worth a read.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 19
Armour: 19.5
CASE: 0.5
2 ER PPCs: 14
R-A/C-5 with 3 tons of Ammunition: 13
3 ER Medium Lasers: 3
1 Medium Pulse Laser: 2
1 Hatchet: 7
6 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 6

GAME STATISTICS

Walking MP: 3 (4)
Running MP: 5 (6)
MASC MP: 0

Total Heat Sinks: 16 (32)

Notes: Equipped with Triple Strength Myomers

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 47/15
Side Torsos: 32/10
Arms: 34
Legs: 42

BVs

LOCATIONS

Rotary A/C-5, 3 tons R-A/C ammo (No Hand Actuator)- Left Arm
Hatchet, 1 ER Medium Laser- Right Arm
2 Doub1e Heat Sinks, 1 ER PPC- Each Side Torso (Left Torso also has CASE)
Medium Pulse Laser- Head
2 ER Medium Lasers- Centre Torso

It has the TSM, though...

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
04/17/02 08:51 AM

Well the person running the challenge was caught sleeping with the wife of the head of R&D and in his rush to get off the planet, he had slight accicdent.

The whole matter is under investigation and Bodie Industries has not commented as of yet.

(I haven't picked one yet.)
Karagin

Karagin
04/17/02 08:55 AM

Do to the use of TSM, we are not able to allow this mech into the testing. The contract does not allow TSM.
Karagin

Tron
04/17/02 08:57 AM

SLR-8D-Z Anansi

Chassis: Star League XT
Power Plant: Strand 300
Jump Jets: McCloud Specials
Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor: Strasbourg Armaments 206 Diamond Weave with CASE
Armament:
1 Mydron Excel Ultra AC/10
1 Guided Technologies Streak SRM 4
4 Valiant Ruby Dart Medium Lasers
1 Johnston Parti-Cannon PPC
Manufacturer: StarCorp Industries
Primary Factory: Crofton
Communications System: Dalban Virtu Talk
Targeting and Tracking System: DLK Type Phased Array Sensor System with Special Targeting Computer

Overview:
In an attempt to make a mech that can soak up a lot of damage
StarCorp created the 100 ton Anasi, naming it after the popular
mystical African Creature who played tricks on mortals.

Capabilities:
Built to attract as much attention as possible from other mechs
it carries a sinister array of energy, ballisitc and missle weaponry
that litters every inch of its body.
With a Johnston Particle Projectile and a Mydron Excel Ultra AC
slaved to a targetting computer it doesn't waste shots and it can
deliver a one-two punch noone can ignore. Backing up these weapons
are 4 medium lasers placed on its legs and an imported SRM package
that was placed on the head giving the Anasi a sneer that mocked and
frightened opponents more than the ominous death's head grin of the
venerable Atlas.
What is really scary about this mech more than its weapons array
is its ability to stay alive longer (thanks to case and 20 tons of
armor) and to out maneuver most assault mechs(thanks to jumpjets and
its quad configuration). Due to the unique configuration of its
design they had to purchase custom designed Jump Jets from McCloud
Specializations and only they can build the jets to replace destroyed
jump jets in battle.To increase its lethality and overcome the
drawback of most quads, StarCorp placed all the weapons on a turret
system allowing the Anansi to engage multiple opponents from multiple
directions.

SLR-8D-Z Anansi

Technology Base: - IS Chassis - Level 2
Equipment Mass
Jumping MP: 3
Heat Sinks: 11(22) - Double 1
Armor Factor: 320 20

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 46
Center Torso(rear) 15
R/L Torso 21 32
R/L Torso(rear) 10
R/L Arm 21 41
R/L Leg 21 42

(IS) Medium Laser LA 1 1
(IS) Ultra AC/10 LT 7 13
(IS) Ultra AC/10 Ammo LT 3 3
CASE LT 1 0.5
Jump Jet LT 1 2
(IS) Medium Laser LL 1 1
(IS) Medium Laser RL 1 1
(IS) PPC RT 3 7
(IS) Streak SRM 4 Ammo RT 1 1
CASE RT 1 0.5
Jump Jet RT 1 2
Targeting Computer RT 6 6
(IS) Medium Laser RA 1 1
Jump Jet CT 1 2
(IS) Streak SRM 4 H 1 3
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."-Kosh

We are a race that has the ability of going beyond the boundries placed on us. The question we should ask ourselves then is whether or not we should go beyond those boundries?
Karagin
04/17/02 09:02 AM

Query:

How did your comapny get 20 tons of armor on a 100 ton chassis? Is your entry carrying hardened armor or not? According to all of our projections the max armor a 100 ton mech can carry is 19.5 tons for a total of 307 point of protection.
Karagin

Tron
04/17/02 09:06 AM

Look at the fluff again. It's a quad
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."-Kosh

We are a race that has the ability of going beyond the boundries placed on us. The question we should ask ourselves then is whether or not we should go beyond those boundries?
Karagin
04/17/02 09:33 AM

Ok the head of the SLDF Q-Master Corps makes a note not to read reports before at least one cup of coffee in the morning...
Karagin

KamikazeJohnson
04/17/02 12:59 PM

LOL
ok, just curious
--Thomas Jefferson
Hurlbut
04/17/02 02:50 PM

Right and what about the 'Mech's turrets? Last time I checked they were level 3 stuff unless I miss something?
Karagin
04/17/02 05:29 PM

They are level 3.
Karagin

Nightward
04/18/02 02:26 AM

That's just fluff. Not actual Turrets. If the TSM is a problem, remove it. The BV will go down, but I assume you'll be doing this on HMPro anyway...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Apoc
04/22/02 06:53 PM

AS10-A MK II Atlas

Chassis: Foundation Type 10X
Armor: Durallex Tensile-4 with CASE
Armament:
2 Medium Lasers
1 LRM 15
1 Rotary AC/5
1 SRM 6
2 ER Large Lasers
Manufacturer: Apoc Mech Industries
Primary Factory: Solaris VII
Communications System: Sipher Security Plus
Targeting and Tracking System: Matabushi Sentinel

AS10-A MK II Atlas

Equipment Mass
Heat Sinks: 17(34) Double 7
Armor Factor: 304 19

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 47
Center Torso(rear) 14
R/L Torso 21 32
R/L Torso(rear) 10
R/L Arm 17 34
R/L Leg 21 41

BV: 2047 Cost 10,662,000 C-Bills

Equipment Location Critical Tonnage
LRM 15 LT 3 7
LRM 15 Ammo LT 1 1
Artemis LT 1 1
SRM 6 LT 2 3
SRM 6 Ammo LT 1 1
Case LT 1 .5
RAC/5 RT 6 10
RAC/5 Ammo RT 3 3
CASE RT 1 .5
ER Large Laser LA 2 5
ER Large Laser LA 2 5
Medium Laser CT (Rear) 1 1
Medium Laser CT (Rear) 1 1

Overview:
Apoc Mech Industries, lacking the funds to produce an assualt class mech and due to their assembly lines already busy producing several other medium class mech types, has decided to enter an upgrade of a popular and reliable assault mech, the AS10-A MK II Atlas. Salvaging an old original AS7-10 Atlas from the Solaris VII scrap yards, Techs went about rebuilding and refurbishing the giant, replacing it’s antique weapons with newer and updated technology.
The mammoth autocannon/20 was replaced with a smaller, but more potent Rotary Autocannon/5. This increase the range by 30% over the original gun with a varying degree of firepower. 60 rounds of ammunition provide an adequate rate of fire, so long as the Mechwarrior does not use the maximum settings for an extended period of time. Double heatsinks were installed at the lose of three original heatsinks, and the LRM/20 was down graded to a 15-rack to make room for the ER Large Lasers. An Artemis was mounted to increase accuracy for the small lose of firepower. The only original weapons mounted are the SRM-6 rack for close defense the rearward medium lasers. Case was installed to protect from ammo explosion.

Battle history:
The new Atlas MK II has only gone through preliminary field tests and shown it can stand up and hold it’s own. Apoc Mech Industries is gambling with heavy investment into this project to launch the firm’s ability to produce future assault mechs.

Variants:
Apoc Mech Industries has began plans to field test one variation of the Atlas Mk II. It replaces the SRM-6 rack with an AMS and one ton of ammo mounted in the each leg. An additional double heatsink is mounted in the left torso. With the lose of some of it’s short-range firepower, this variant is slated to provide medium range fire support.

Edited by Apoc (04/22/02 07:03 PM)
Karagin
04/24/02 11:47 PM

The Quatermaster Corps finds this one to be of interest. How many of these can you make per month?
Karagin

Hellbringer
04/25/02 11:48 AM

You were just saying this for fun right? The contest isn't over is it?
Karagin
04/25/02 12:01 PM

No it is not over, we are asking the question to see if the company can meet large orders, if it can then that is a mark in it's favor. The same question will be asked of all of the entries. But it will be the battlefield test results that will allow us to pick the winner.
Karagin

Apoc
04/25/02 01:16 PM

Apoc Mech Industries is currently producing 8 other mech designs. 4 Atlas MK II's can be produce per month at this time. In 30 days, the company will be ending thre other production runs and can retool these lines to meet orders of the MK II of up to 12 more a month. Once other production lines become availble, up too 200 MK II's can be built per year should large orders of the giant be purchased.
eilif
04/26/02 07:47 PM

Although some of this datafile is presented as an OmniMech, it should be clarified that VFI's current product is a standard battlemech; designation CL3-N Caliburn. It and factory variants A, B, and C have been provided to the SLDF for testing. If the SLDF does not choose to seek a contract with VFI, all models will be available for purchase at that time.

CL1-O Caliburn
100 tons ES
3/5/0 Standard
12 DHS
Armor 304 AF
Hd...9
CT...46/16
R/LT.32/10
R/LA.34
R/LL.40

Pod Space Available: 49 tons

Crits Available:
Hd...0
CT...2
R/LT.6/12
R/LA.5/8
R/LL.0/0

Primary Weapons Configuration
Gauss Rifle (24) RA (RT)
LRM-15 (16) LT
ER Large Laser CT
RAC/5 (60) LA
3 Medium Lasers 2RT,LA
Case R/LT
12 DHS

Alternate Configuration A
LRM-15 (16) Artemis RA
LRM-15 (16) Artemis LT
ER Large Laser CT
RAC/5 (60) LA
4 Medium Lasers RA,2RT,LA
Targeting Computer LT
Case R/LT
13 DHS RT

Alternate Configuration B
Gauss Rifle (16) RA (RT)
Heavy Gauss Rifle (16) LT (3LA,RT)
ER Large Laser CT
4 Medium Lasers 2RT,2LA
Case R/LT
12 DHS

Alternate Configuration C
Gauss Rifle (24) RA (RT)
ER Large Laser RT
ER Large Laser CT
UAC/20 (15) LA (LT)
Case R/LT
14 DHS 2LT

Overview:

When the SLDF put forth a design challenge for a new general purpose assault 'Mech, Vaguely Familiar Industries was one of the last companies to respond. Although they had the perfect design for the job, the vagaries of war had left VFI unable to open its production line. At first, lack of supplies had kept them closed, but after the end of the civil war, neither the AFFS nor LAAF were interested in purchasing an expensive OmniMech anymore. VFI was left with no choice but to compromise their product and adapt it for use as a standard battlemech chassis.

The irony of this situation was not lost on anyone at VFI. The Caliburn, as originally proposed, was not intended to be an OmniMech. Rather, it had been an attempt to make a BattleMech for the Federated Commonwealth that would use weapons and other components then in the final stages of development. Using the Excalibur as a template, designers had set about building a symbol of unity and hope for the Federated Commonwealth.

In the course of development, the break-up of supply lines and shifting allegiances had necessitated so many different weapons changes that frustrated designers began to mount the armaments in semi-modular sections. Before the engineers realized it, they had the beginnings of a new OmniMech on their hands. Following the necessary changes to standardize the weapons bays with existent omni pods, a prototype Caliburn was finally ready for combat trials. That this coincided with the complete stoppage of supply shipments led in no small part to the death of CEO Ray Snarkey as he piloted the prototype off the edge of Chambara Gorge in a very successful suicide attempt.

Though VFI has recovered from this tragedy and reopened its production line, it is still unknown whether it will obtain the lucrative SLDF contract or have to sell the Caliburn in smaller lots. In either case, the staff of VFI remains glad that the 'Mech is finally available for sale; the engineers that their work won't be for naught and the investors that they might actually get some returns.

Capabilities:

The Caliburn's primary configuration is capable of engaging enemies at all ranges. Combining a smorgasbord of Gauss and Auto cannons with missiles and a battery of lasers has produced one of the most versatile assault 'Mechs in existence. Fitted with an impressive 19 tons of Durallex Special Heavy armour the Caliburn can wade into battle without fear of retaliation. The addition of cellular ammo bins in almost all configurations and the use of a standard fusion powerplant further increase the survivability of this unstoppable juggernaut.

The A configuration continues the all-round approach of the primary, but replaces the Gauss Rifle with another LRM-15 launcher. In exchange for the loss of this hard-hitting weapon, the remaining armaments are fitted with advanced tracking systems such as Artemis IV and the new targeting computer developed by the NAIS.

The B configuration mounts the Lyran Alliance's Heavy Gauss Rifle in addition to a standard Gauss Rifle and an ER Large Laser. Learning from experience with the Fafnir, the B configuration is also armed with 4 Medium Lasers to help cover for the short range inaccuracy of the sluggish Heavy Gauss Rifle. Because of it's limited ammunition supply, the B configuration is primarily intended for use in a defensive role, where resupply is not a problem.

The C configuration is an attempt to surpass the success of the Atlas. Armed with an Autocannon 20 Ultra in its left arm, the Caliburn-C can spread death fore and aft of itself. Unfortunately, with 15 bursts of autocannon ammo, it can only maintain its maximum rate of fire for just over a minute. Furthermore, even with a second ER Large Laser fitted, the loss of long range firepower is dramatic in the C configuration. Only time can tell if this configuration will be successful on the battlefield.
NathanKell
04/26/02 11:15 PM

{NB: Sorry this was so long in coming, but it took me a while to think up a good 100-tonner--I usually don't go above 75.)

TAF-2Y Taffy

Chassis: Yankee M100 Mk. 3
Power Plant: Ford 300
Cruising Speed: 32.25 kph
Maximum Speed: 53.75 kph
Armor: Lexington Limited with CASE
Armament:
2 Yankee Gatling Rotary AC/5s
1 Yankee Springfield PPC
4 Yankee Maxim Medium Lasers
3 Yankee Fireworks LRM 5s
Manufacturer: Yankee Weapons Systems
Primary Factory: Tukayyid
Communications System: Hartford J25 A
Targeting and Tracking System: Hartford S2000A with NAIS TarComp B Mk. 5

Overview:
The TAF-2Y Taffy, or the Taffy Tuck to its pilots, grew out of one overriding principle: Targeted Application of Firepower. The Taffy was designed around the most destructive weapons--PPCs and Rotary ACs--and the most accurate targeting system--a brand-new NAIS special targeting computer. It's been called efficient by its reviewers, and a joy by its pilots. Its opponents have another word for it, however:
Death.

Capabilities:
At the Taffy's core--the right torso, to be exact--lies the machine's true heart, and the reason for its succes: a
specially-designed NAIS TarComp B Mk. 5 tied to a custom-modified Hartford S2000A tracking system. This system, though heavier and bulkier than
its Clan counterpart, features the same accuracy that has made the Clans' attacks so deadly accurate. When combined with a right-torso
PPC and a RAC-5 on each arm the outcome is just as lethal. The two RACs are supplied by four (total) tons of ammunition, which allows
for extensive firing time. In addition the Taffy mounts three five-tube LRM racks in the left torso sharing a single ton of
ammunition and four medium lasers for added close range firepower in a tribarrel mount under the chin and a single mount on the right arm.
To keep the mech running cool Yankee added an additional double heatsink, mounted in the engine, for a total of eleven. CASE was added to each torso to mitigate the effects of an all-too-possible ammunition explosion.

Known Variants:
Yankee is prepared to exchange the Springfield PPC for an Sharps extended-range version, though it does not recommend doing so--such a
change would greatly increase the heat produced in a mech that is not renown for running cool. The same opportunity and warning also
applies to the medium lasers--the Maxims can be replaced by Maxim IIs.
Yankee also produces a major variant of the Taffy which focuses more on firepower than accuracy: The NAIS TarComp B Mk. 5 is replaced by a
second Springfield PPC and an additional heatsink. This variant runs hotter as well as being less accurate--adding a second PPC nearly
doubles its heat output at range--but also nearly doubles its long-range firepower. This variant is known as the TAF-2Y2P.

TAF-2Y Taffy

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: - EndoSteel 5
Heat Sinks: 11(22) - Double 1
Armor Factor: 288 18

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 46
Center Torso(rear) 15
R/L Torso 21 32
R/L Torso(rear) 10
R/L Arm 17 34
R/L Leg 21 33

Rotary AC/5 LA 6 10
Rotary AC/5 Ammo LA 2 2
LRM 5 LT 1 2
LRM 5 LT 1 2
LRM 5 LT 1 2
LRM 5 Ammo LT 1 1
CASE LT 1 0.5
PPC RT 3 7
CASE RT 1 0.5
Targeting Computer RT 8 8
Medium Laser RA 1 1
Rotary AC/5 RA 6 10
Rotary AC/5 Ammo RA 2 2
Medium Laser CT 1 1
Medium Laser CT 1 1
Medium Laser H 1 1
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
04/27/02 06:43 AM

1/2 the cost of premiere assault mechs very reasonable battle value that can be easily mass produced unless the sldf can afford to through away C-bills. And you cant go down just by losing a side torso. BattleMech Technical Readout

Type/Model: Clone Cl-1
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3050
Config: Biped BattleMech
Rules: Level 2, Standard design

Chassis: Endo Steel
Power Plant: 300 Vlar Fusion
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: 3 Standard Jump Jets
Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor Type: Standard
Armament:
1 Ultra AC/10
4 Medium Lasers
1 Guardian ECM
1 Anti-Missile System
1 Gauss Rifle
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Clone Cl-1

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 152 pts Endo Steel 14 5.00
(Endo Steel Loc: 1 HD, 1 LA, 1 RA, 3 LT, 3 RT, 1 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL)
Engine: 300 6 19.00
Jumping MP: 3
Heat Sinks: 10 Double [20] 0 .00
Gyro: 4 3.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA R: Sh+UA+LA+H 14 .00
Armor Factor: 304 pts Standard 0 19.00

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Center Torso: 31 44
Center Torso (Rear): 15
L/R Side Torso: 21 32/32
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 10/10
L/R Arm: 17 34/34
L/R Leg: 21 42/42

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
1 Ultra AC/10 LA 4 20 9 15.00
(Ammo Locations: 2 LA)
4 Medium Lasers RT 12 4 4.00
1 Guardian ECM RT 0 2 1.50
1 Anti-Missile System RT 1 12 2 1.50
(Ammo Locations: 1 RT)
1 Gauss Rifle LT 1 8 8 16.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 LT)
1 Hatchet RH 7 7.00
3 Standard Jump Jets: 3 6.00
(Jump Jet Loc: 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 CT)
TOTALS: 22 78 100.00
Crits & Tons Left: 0 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 10,808,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,211
Cost per BV: 4,888.29
Weapon Value: 2,727 / 2,727 (Ratio = 1.23 / 1.23)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 41; MRDmg = 22; LRDmg = 10
BattleForce2: MP: 3J, Armor/Structure: 8/8
Damage PB/M/L: 8/4/3, Overheat: 1
Class: MA; Point Value: 22
Specials: ecm
Karagin
05/01/02 01:09 PM

To be fair to all you would like to enter this contest, the deadline is now Friday May 3rd.

Thank you,
SLDF QMC
Karagin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 19721

Contact Admins Sarna.net