I'm Planning a Game...

Pages: 1
MadWolf
06/19/02 02:52 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm Planning a game that is going to help a few friends of mine learn the game, It's a simple game thats goign to be between two mercenary groups. I'm not focusing alot on major story, But i need two good Mercenary group names, and a few good pilot names. I'm really running dry...
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Cheapbuzz
06/19/02 03:55 AM

If it were me I would use level 1 tech something like Wolfs Dragoons and the ELH that way you have alot of well known names to throw around. If you have HMP or TDB I believe they both have a long list famous names.
Zwischy
06/19/02 02:40 PM

Do you have a series of books you enjoy reading? You might steal some from there. Myself, I thoroughly enjoyed the Sharpe's Rifles books by Bernard Cornwell. There have been a few Captain Richard Sharpes and Sergeant Patrick Harpers in my games, along with 'Sweet William' (who sports a fake eye and teeth) and a few of the Riflemen grunts, like Isiah Tongue (educated in languages), Dan Hageman (crack shot with a Baker rifle), and Ensign Denny (16 year-old kid who doesn't survive his first campaign).
Nightward
06/19/02 05:29 PM

Do the big battle between Jaime Wolf and Grayson Death Carlyle. The Gray Death Legoin vs Wolf's Dragoons. A pity Jaime and Grayson are dead now and both units destroyed, but such are the vagaries of Whiz Kidz...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
06/19/02 05:43 PM

One of our groups favourite names or at least Surnames for our campaigns is McDuff. We use the Westpac symbol (a W formed from a few strokes and just turn it upside down) as the unit or company's symbol. All pilots have scottish first names such as Angus and Hamish. Unit names such as McDuff's Maulers and Angus's Armoured Argonauts have been used. McDuff though I think is irish-scottish rather than true scottish you would need to use MacDuff if you wanted true scottish (or in effect have McDuff Maulers vs MacDuff maulers .

Greyslayer
NathanKell
06/19/02 05:59 PM

Eh? Grayson I knew about, but Jaime Wolf and the Dragoons? When did that happen?
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
06/20/02 07:26 PM

Jaime probably died a long time ago but the FASA people "forgot" to tell us. Nothing has been written about the Dragoons for a while.

But given this whole Dark Age thing, I don't see how they would allow a world with 5 or more regiments of highly experienced mercs with Clan tech run around for too long. It is only a matter of time before the Dragoons go down.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
06/20/02 07:29 PM

Scott- "Mc" is scottish." Mac" is Irish. I know this because one of my friends asked a Scottish girl I know if she was Irish. My ears are still bleeding...
Greyslayer
06/20/02 08:04 PM

My Supervisor is Mc and claims it is the irish-scottish (scottish with irish heritage) and Mac is 'true'-scottish. It a moot point overall since they both have similar ancestral bloodlines but you know how it goes when those family "clans" have their fights .

Greyslayer
NathanKell
06/20/02 08:09 PM

Apparently you're a Dragoon (whoopin' on the WoB) in this new Xbox game Mech Assault...
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
SoyBigHead
06/21/02 01:02 PM

speaking of mechassault...it looks like it will end up being an ok mechwarrior game; the xbox version of super nintendos' mechwarrior 3050... but eh ill give it a shot
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4758

Contact Admins Sarna.net